4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Administrator and moderator

UTKR

Go to solution Solved by Matty,

• Solution

This post should help explain the staff groups (note, the list of Admins/Moderators is very outdated but the descriptions are largely the same).

In short: Moderators (blue) can lock topics, delete posts, warn/ban users, etc. Basically, we, along with area moderators/forum leaders/led-bys, are forum members whom have been trusted to keep order and prevent the forum from turning into a crapfest.

Admins (yellow) can do all of the above but can also change aspects and look of the forum such as adding/removing staff, adding/removing forum sections, changing the forum themes, etc.

All staff were, at one point, regular members (with the exception of Tank).

RE9mJnf.png

PhillBellic

This post should help explain the staff groups (note, the list of Admins/Moderators is very outdated but the descriptions are largely the same).

Do you think that Guide needs to be Remade, and Updated? I think it does. :)

Mod edit: Probably, yeah. I personally don't have the time to do that myself however, unfortunately. - Matty.

I think it'll be a long time before we get another member who will undergo the massive task of creating a new Newbie Guide for us. It'd be great to see, but it's a lot of work; just having a look through that old one now... wow Miro did a great job.

fib_ufo_small.png

Though Miro's guide doesn't need completely rewriting, or...? It needs adapting (codewise) to the new forum software and some mostly minor changes to the information but other than that it's still a great guide. If one could use it as a foundation for a version "2.0" the amount of work needed could be cut down enormously.

Edited by Andreaz1

PhillBellic

I think it'll be a long time before we get another member who will undergo the massive task of creating a new Newbie Guide for us. It'd be great to see, but it's a lot of work; just having a look through that old one now... wow Miro did a great job.

Could anyone Volunteer to do it, Kirsty?

Though Miro's guide doesn't need completely rewriting, or...? It needs adapting (codewise) to the new forum software and some mostly minor changes to the information but other than that it's still a great guide. If one could use it as a foundation for a version "2.0" the amount of work needed could be cut down enormously.

That is certainly a valid point, Andreaz1.

The Admin, Moderator, and Forum Leader Lists would be something that could be updated. Also, the Forum Awards Section would need changing as well. :)

Of course, anyone active can take on the task, it's a lot of effort to keep it updated though and that's the most important part of it otherwise it's just a redundant guide. Perhaps we could get a group together and turn it into an ongoing project.

fib_ufo_small.png

PhillBellic

Of course, anyone active can take on the task, it's a lot of effort to keep it updated though and that's the most important part of it otherwise it's just a redundant guide. Perhaps we could get a group together and turn it into an ongoing project.

Even myself if desired? :)

Have at 'er if you so desire.

PhillBellic

Have at 'er if you so desire.

After an in depth Read Through that Topic, I think it would be better if it was a Team Effort as Kirsty has suggested. :):^:

It's great to see that the guide is still mentioned by after all these years. Unfortunately, after GTA V was launched, and the forums changed to V2.0 basically at the same time, massive changes were needed. I got worked up with real life stuff and never really got to update it ever again. It feels nostalgic to read through it, and to remember so many names of staff members. Checking through some profiles, it's sad indeed to see members like Waddy or Gangsta Killa to not be active anymore after so many months. They were one of the most know around the forums staff members... I bet merely believe anybody knows anymore who they are, of the newer members.

Anyway, I also believe that a teamwork to recreate this old piece of work of mine could really produce changes. However, I didn't really follow up anymore the forums as I used to, so I believe that many categories are not even valid anymore. The new coding system is also quite new to me, and I'm not sure that a big part of the structure can be recreated without the old table system (I don't know if it still exists anymore, by the way). As for he information and links, there surely will need a lot of work. I remember that the topic part of the guide took always the most work in updating. Since it wasn't touched for almost two years, I wouldn't be surprised if most of those names and links would need refreshment. There are many coding aspects that will need to be added. Preferably through pictures. There are also many images recreated in the old forum, which would need to be updated to this new layout, let alone all the outdated and dead pictures.

I've also always kept in contact with leaders of the groups, such like Zaibatsu or Andolini Mafia Family. I don't what groups are now, beside Zaibatsu, that still exist or have the same name. There would be needed update. Also, there is the Gangs section which would need a completely new template and workout. There needs to be a plan prior to the work itself. There is also a lot of information particularized to the members that used to be in those times. Especially when it comes to the old Awarding System, which needs to be completely recreated. There are also sections like GTAGarage or the Member Log which would need a complete remake. There are many aspects which were particularized to the old system, and which would be needed to be completely remade after this new forum.

That's a part of the things that need modification from my perspective. I say it again: I didn't follow the forum up close anymore as I used to when I was an active member. Back then, I used to be many many hours a day on this forum, obsessed with helping people and making a name out of myself. I admit that I often stalked people and things, and I learned many things from that. It was my obsession that pushed me to the ambition to not only understand this forum so well in a few months as to create such a guide, but also to create such a massive guide.

What I wanted from the start was to create the biggest topic and the most complex to everything that means understanding the immense universe of GTAForums. I'm pretty sure the new members are sharper than me and could, through teamwork, create something bigger even than that. Good luck! I'm always available for any kind of suggestions or recommendations. :)

Dead (Retired)

PhillBellic

It's great to see that the guide is still mentioned by after all these years. Unfortunately, after GTA V was launched, and the forums changed to V2.0 basically at the same time, massive changes were needed. I got worked up with real life stuff and never really got to update it ever again. It feels nostalgic to read through it, and to remember so many names of staff members. Checking through some profiles, it's sad indeed to see members like Waddy or Gangsta Killa to not be active anymore after so many months. They were one of the most know around the forums staff members... I bet merely believe anybody knows anymore who they are, of the newer members.

Anyway, I also believe that a teamwork to recreate this old piece of work of mine could really produce changes. However, I didn't really follow up anymore the forums as I used to, so I believe that many categories are not even valid anymore. The new coding system is also quite new to me, and I'm not sure that a big part of the structure can be recreated without the old table system (I don't know if it still exists anymore, by the way). As for he information and links, there surely will need a lot of work. I remember that the topic part of the guide took always the most work in updating. Since it wasn't touched for almost two years, I wouldn't be surprised if most of those names and links would need refreshment. There are many coding aspects that will need to be added. Preferably through pictures. There are also many images recreated in the old forum, which would need to be updated to this new layout, let alone all the outdated and dead pictures.

I've also always kept in contact with leaders of the groups, such like Zaibatsu or Andolini Mafia Family. I don't what groups are now, beside Zaibatsu, that still exist or have the same name. There would be needed update. Also, there is the Gangs section which would need a completely new template and workout. There needs to be a plan prior to the work itself. There is also a lot of information particularized to the members that used to be in those times. Especially when it comes to the old Awarding System, which needs to be completely recreated. There are also sections like GTAGarage or the Member Log which would need a complete remake. There are many aspects which were particularized to the old system, and which would be needed to be completely remade after this new forum.

That's a part of the things that need modification from my perspective. I say it again: I didn't follow the forum up close anymore as I used to when I was an active member. Back then, I used to be many many hours a day on this forum, obsessed with helping people and making a name out of myself. I admit that I often stalked people and things, and I learned many things from that. It was my obsession that pushed me to the ambition to not only understand this forum so well in a few months as to create such a guide, but also to create such a massive guide.

What I wanted from the start was to create the biggest topic and the most complex to everything that means understanding the immense universe of GTAForums. I'm pretty sure the new members are sharper than me and could, through teamwork, create something bigger even than that. Good luck! I'm always available for any kind of suggestions or recommendations. :)

I know of Waddy because of his infamously low Likes Rating. :)

There was Waddy who was also known for his pranks and also Jelly, another Administrator of those times who made a lot of pranks. I remember Waddy pretty well because we were quite in contact. It's thanks to him that I got into Zaibatsu, he usually answered my questions and was the closest staff member to me. It just feels a little emptying to see him not having been here since November 2014...

Edited by Miro

Dead (Retired)

Congratulations.

PhillBellic

Congratulations.

Cool Story Bro. ;):^:

GamesBoy316

I'd hope to be a moderator here one day, or at least in charge of a section, even though I know it may take a while if I become one. ;)

Edited by GamesBoy316

Congratulations.

Cool Story Bro. ;):^:

Please stop posting for the sake of increasing your post count, ffs. Not only are you online 24x7 like GTAF is some sort of full time job to you but your posts also have literally zero quality.

So, for the love of humanity, stop.

Edited by Ducard

To end on a more positive note, some little birds tell me a brand new up to date Newbie Guide is coming soon, stay tuned folks.

fib_ufo_small.png