2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Ideas regarding Insurgent, Sandking, Guardian and Savage

DeadArashi

**Indicates items that could be put on other vehicles

Idea for HVY Insurgent (SUV) changes/additions:

I'm going to start off by saying the Insurgent (SUV) should be swapped with an unmodified Insurgent (Pick-Up). This means no external roll cage, no bull bar, nothing like that. This reason for this is to allow it to be more personalized by having more customization. So with that...

Chassis: External roll bars** | Bed cap (Makes it look like the SUV variant) | Bed cap w/ ext. roll bars (2 people can sit in the back even with the bed cap on

Bull bar**

Armor plating on windows: Can't shot out of
Snorkel: Could possibly let you drive through deep water for longer before the engine dies**
Use of the roof hatch: Personal weapons with weak/no aim lock on the weapons

Changes for Vapid Sandking & Guardian

Fifth Wheel Coupling (Guardian only): Would allow the vehicle to tow various trailers (flat-beds, semi-trailers and tankers) NOTE: This would NOT allow you tow other vehicles

More weight and impact: They get tossed around by vehicles half their size

Changes for Savage Gunship
The Savage is meant to be a fast, mobile yet still armored gunship for strafe runs. In game we have a fast, sluggish weakly armored chopper that can't angle to do strafe runs

Armour: Even compared to the Buzzard, the Savage is just too easy to destroy

Gun: Because of the short range the main gun on the Savage should offer some up/down left/right swivel to make it easier to shoot ground targets

"Gunner": The passenger in the cockpit should be able to control the main gun, it's what that person was intended to do

Edited by DeadArashi

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

the savage shoud actualy be slugish but yea, it kinda shoud be atleast as armored as a buzzard and be like the adder of the choppers

with that i mean it shoud be one of the fastest choppers in a straight line once the speed is up

i do not agree with the angling of the gun.....if the armor woud be already buffed and the overall top speed to(like said, acceleration how it is is fine) that woud be already enough.

maybe a tad more range on that gun, but realy not more then 10 meter or so.

though if the main gun coud be controled by a co pilot, i woud say it woud be to overpowered, even though its more realistic, unless the gun can not turn more then 30 degrees

i personaly woud love if a hit from a rocket woud make it shut down but woud not mean a direct kill though

same for making the cockpit bullet proof, since after all its meant to be a heavy, powerfull, slugish airborn tank(i woud not like to see it being able to withstand even one rocket and keep flying though)

im not sure about it being realistic those cars being able to tow what a big truck can tow

maybe the stuff a bison can tow, but further, hell no.

some of those modifications, if not all are unnessecary

the insurgent is already populair enough as it is.

armor plating on the windows coud be interesting though, if that means one woud sacrifice his/here abillity to use weapons

and yea, honestly i just cant say no to a car with a snorkel that actualy woud work, but then again i do not know if that woud need to be the insurgent, wich is already populair enough as it is.

the savage shoud actualy be slugish but yea, it kinda shoud be atleast as armored as a buzzard and be like the adder of the choppers

with that i mean it shoud be one of the fastest choppers in a straight line once the speed is up

i do not agree with the angling of the gun.....if the armor woud be already buffed and the overall top speed to(like said, acceleration how it is is fine) that woud be already enough.

maybe a tad more range on that gun, but realy not more then 10 meter or so.

though if the main gun coud be controled by a co pilot, i woud say it woud be to overpowered, even though its more realistic, unless the gun can not turn more then 30 degrees

i personaly woud love if a hit from a rocket woud make it shut down but woud not mean a direct kill though

same for making the cockpit bullet proof, since after all its meant to be a heavy, powerfull, slugish airborn tank(i woud not like to see it being able to withstand even one rocket and keep flying though)

im not sure about it being realistic those cars being able to tow what a big truck can tow

maybe the stuff a bison can tow, but further, hell no.

some of those modifications, if not all are unnessecary

the insurgent is already populair enough as it is.

armor plating on the windows coud be interesting though, if that means one woud sacrifice his/here abillity to use weapons

and yea, honestly i just cant say no to a car with a snorkel that actualy woud work, but then again i do not know if that woud need to be the insurgent, wich is already populair enough as it is.

You make some good points here. I'll touch on the Insurgent first. The ideas are just to add more customization to it. I know people that would rather have the Pick-Up variant as a personal vehicle over the SUV, and I personally would love external roll cage from the Pick-Up on the SUV. It may be popular but as I said, it's about customization to make the vehicles truly yours.

In regards to the Sandking/Guardian towing... The F250 and F650 can both tow large loads

F250 will pull 3,500kg/7,700lb

F650 will pull 12,000kg/26,500lb

The F250 would be out of the question but the F650 is clearly viable for the job

With the Savage I was thinking no more then a 30 degree rotation left and right and 15 degree depression. Allowing the Co-pilot to opperate the main gun wouldn't be too OP because you still need to get well withing the effective range of homing rockets before you can hit them. Giving the Savage countermeasures, now that would be OP.