1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Killatomate

[V|REL] Realistic Driving V

DamnedDev

F*ck Yeah looks great man.

PhillBellic

Update:

Gameplay video showcasing the handling improvements that i have planned for release 1.2:

handling improvements compared to release 1.1:

-less understeer

-more reactive, direct steering (more twitchy, feels less like driving on ice)

-slightly improved cornering

-better suspension settings and more weight transfer

-more realistic handling when going sideways, consequently more difficult

-brakes can be without ABS (-> SultanRS)

Sweet Video, Mate.

Will 1.2 also have the Latest DLC's Support as well?

rastakilla

Can't wait for the latest!

ZZCOOL

you should check redux i am quite positive that it contains handling from your mod

badchriss

So....Killatomate is back from the Dead and is working again on one of the best Handling Mods ever?

Would you all please make some Room for some Happy Dancing :D

ikt

-less understeer

If these points are going to affect the handling how I think they would, driving using a steering wheel could be pretty amazing!

Question about suspension and weight transfer - How stable is the car body? I might base some changes in my mod/steering wheel support on your mod. I already noticed some other mods' suspension is ultra smooth and delivering little to no body acceleration, if yours is the same I might consider changing where I get force feedback from.

PhillBellic

you should check redux i am quite positive that it contains handling from your mod

I would not be surprised if that was the case.

rastakilla

-less understeer

If these points are going to affect the handling how I think they would, driving using a steering wheel could be pretty amazing!

Question about suspension and weight transfer - How stable is the car body? I might base some changes in my mod/steering wheel support on your mod. I already noticed some other mods' suspension is ultra smooth and delivering little to no body acceleration, if yours is the same I might consider changing where I get force feedback from.

Right now I love how FFB works in your mod.

Heavy steering at a stop and light steering as the wheels pick up momentum.

ikt

Yeah, but I'm not happy with feedback detail. I got it so far you feel heavy when there's grip and light when the grip disappears, under oversteer and understeer, but for example when driving on a bumpy road, if the cars suspension absorbs the shocks you don't feel that in your wheels. This isn't a problem with stock handling, but if you for example take Vehicle Handling V and drive the Dune Buggy on the bumpy desert sand roads, you don't feel the vibration and bumpiness because the suspension is way too effective.

But I'm too busy to pop out CheatEngine to find more wheel information ^^'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just installed it and yeah, if the understeer issue is fixed this should be amazing to drive with. I do really love the completely overhauled friction parameters in the existing version, as cars feel much more natural and they get less of that fake speed limiting feel when you hit the rev limiter and don't upshift, as air drag significantly slowed down the car at that point with the original handling. I absolutely love how 4-cylinder engines scream at 9000 RPM (Blista Compact).

Edited by ikt

Killatomate

Gameplay video showing what the new DLC supercars handle like:

PhillBellic

Great Video, K.

Will V1.2 feature Support for the Cunning Stunt Vehicles (Contender, etc) as well?

Claude_Lib

15 minutes of pure awesomeness. Well, as far as the game engine allows. Does it depend on other mods, like InfamousSabre's Custom Steering (disables countersteering) or ikt's InversePower (compensates the game lowering the engine power when going sideways)? Also one little suggestion. Is it possible to bring back automatic braking for bikes but make it only kick in when going really slow? Because it looks really unnatural when I slowly go down below, say, 5 km/h, the character puts his foot on the ground because he can't keep the balance at that low speed, but the bike keeps rolling forward.

Killatomate

Does it depend on other mods, like InfamousSabre's Custom Steering (disables countersteering) or ikt's InversePower (compensates the game lowering the engine power when going sideways)? Also one little suggestion. Is it possible to bring back automatic braking for bikes but make it only kick in when going really slow?

i used an outdated version of LeFix' speedometer. no custom steering. i have yet to try using a steering wheel. in order to add braking to bikes you would have to run a script in the background. probably not worth the effort.

ikt

15 minutes of pure awesomeness. Well, as far as the game engine allows. Does it depend on other mods, like InfamousSabre's Custom Steering (disables countersteering) or ikt's InversePower (compensates the game lowering the engine power when going sideways)? Also one little suggestion. Is it possible to bring back automatic braking for bikes but make it only kick in when going really slow? Because it looks really unnatural when I slowly go down below, say, 5 km/h, the character puts his foot on the ground because he can't keep the balance at that low speed, but the bike keeps rolling forward.

You can probably make a simple .cs script in C# that brakes the bike whenever the speed is greater than 0.1 m/s and smaller than 1.5 m/s as long as no brake/throttle input is detected. That should bring the thing to a nice halt.

[...]

i used an outdated version of LeFix' speedometer. no custom steering. i have yet to try using a steering wheel. in order to add braking to bikes you would have to run a script in the background. probably not worth the effort.

Do you have a steering wheel? It should be pretty much natively supported now, barring some configuration that still needs to be done manually.

I'm trying to go for a realistic feeling force feedback but I can't with any handling lines now, because all of them either suffer from improbable understeer or improbable oversteer.

Then again my G27 isn't anything like a T300 and I have only driven AWD/FWD cars normally, I don't really know.

cp1dell

Love the deformation, traction, suspension etc. changes - but is there any possibility of a version being offered without the top-speed modifications? Probably one of the only things I don't like since it definitely makes the map feel a lot smaller and the speed is surreal. I'd do it myself for my own personal copy, but is there anything else that should be changed if you modify the vehicle's top-speed? I feel like acceleration would have to be modified since they sort of go hand-in-hand with each other, ya know?

B Dawg

Why would you want a 200KM/H speed limit on a giant map? :( Don't be a yokel :p

PhillBellic

Because, REALISM, mate. Also, I wouldn't have it any other way.

ikt

Just use bigger maps :D

cp1dell

I guess it's a weird preference. It's sort of the equivalent to wanting to keep the draw distance fog in GTA SA - because once you remove it you can easily see how small the map is.

But the vehicle speed applies to any other GTA game as well. It's pretty known that the relative speed is what it is so the map feels larger.

Killatomate

Great Video, K.

Will V1.2 feature Support for the Cunning Stunt Vehicles (Contender, etc) as well?

So far the only vehicle that i created handling for is the Tyrus. i spent 3 days trying find find ways to circumvent the problems caused by downforce and then i tweaked the handling settings of the Tyrus for 9.5 hours until everything from performance to grip to downforce was perfect. Driving the finished Tyrus was the most fun i ever had driving a car in GTAV. Driving an F1 GTR with realistic performance and downforce is too much fun. i might record and share some footage later.

Edit: footage already captured. stay tuned :D

Edited by Killatomate

Killatomate

Tyrus footage:

Now thats what i call fun.

PhillBellic

Sweet Video Mate!

Cyron43

@Killatomate I know you modified the takeoff and landing speeds of airplanes in a previous version. However, the runways in the game are way too short for this. Will you change those values back to the default with this release?

Edited by Cyron43

nkjellman

So glad that this is getting updates. Also, I have three questions.

1. Is there any chance that you will do jet handling?

2. Do you think we may get a script to enhance the mod further? Two things that come to mind is flap control on planes, and the ability to enable/disable ABS.

3. I am guessing that you are not releasing this before the biker update, so do you plan on supporting those vehicles as well?

Also, thank you for the mod. GTA V has the potential for some damn realistic physics. The stuff we need is there, it just needs the right configuration.

Killatomate

First of all, thanks to ikt. His script will make my work much less frustrating.

Jets

making handling for the prop planes was not really satisying. GTA physics are not fit to simulate aircraft. drag fluctuates by a factor of 2.5, making planes too fast and too slow at the same time. giving the wings proper lift results in horrible trim problems that cannot be fixed. then there is the problem that the landing gear creates 3 times as much ground friction as desired, forcing me to make engines more powerful to counter the friction on takeoff. and then people complain about landings being too difficult and scripted missions being to hard to complete. i think i will go back to default planes in update 1.2

Bikes

i understand that many people dont like the bike handling, even though the bikes brake and corner 20% better than real life. the biggest problem is not "understeer", it's that people dont realize how fast they are driving. i will probably look into bikes after releasing update 1.2. Right now i got my hands full with the other reworks.

scripts

Do you think we may get a script to enhance the mod further? Two things that come to mind is flap control on planes, and the ability to enable/disable ABS

A script for flaps would be possible. It would have to recognize each plane individually and increase lift+drag accordingly. ABS brakes and non-ABS brakes each require different brake bias. might not be worth the effort.

A script that i had in mind since GTA's release is a "cruise mode". press one button and the script reads and modifies your current vehicle's engine power and brake strength. Press the button again and the car goes back to "race mode". The script could reduce engine power depeding on the gear you are in.

1st gear = -70% power

2nd gear: -60% power

3rd gear: -50% power

4th gear: -40% power

That would make for a really cool cruise mode. not everyone has a steering wheel and pedals...

Edited by Killatomate

PhillBellic

Really? Some don't like the Bike Handling?

I like it quite thoroughly.

Claude_Lib

While you're here, I want to ask you about this:

6xvnhKg.jpgTeDvorP.jpg

Basically, the angle the front wheel turns doesn't match the path it will actually go. Is there any way to make steering more pronounced? That visual understeer looks really annoying.

Killatomate

@Claude_Lib

several cars (lowriders) have the same problem with the animation and i have no idea what causes it.

Edited by Killatomate