Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,209 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Killatomate

[V|REL] Realistic Driving V

Killatomate

I was wondering about how to increase body roll. Lowering the suspensioncompdamp value helped somewhat with some of the cars, but others seem hardly affected by it, if at all. Could that be a result of it being modded?

Cars in vanilla GTA have so much body roll because of low suspension force combined with high tire grip (lots of lateral Gs). Low suspension force reduces the effect of the road surface on car handling and also causes the "curb hopping" problem where cars dont react to bumps/curbs at all. You could raise the center of mass in order to increase body roll but the car handling is very sensitive to that. everything is affected by center of mass. stability, understeer, cornering speed, braking, wheelspin... center of mass is the least flexible parameter.

SilverRST

I was also wondering about something, which is funny too. Namely the cars explode fast when they land on roof or front/rear bumper.

When you mod your own vehicle and make it very heavy and the NPC car gets thrown to the trees or building, they explode.

With this mod has it been disabled?

suicidehummer

I was wondering about how to increase body roll. Lowering the suspensioncompdamp value helped somewhat with some of the cars, but others seem hardly affected by it, if at all. Could that be a result of it being modded?

Cars in vanilla GTA have so much body roll because of low suspension force combined with high tire grip (lots of lateral Gs). Low suspension force reduces the effect of the road surface on car handling and also causes the "curb hopping" problem where cars dont react to bumps/curbs at all. You could raise the center of mass in order to increase body roll but the car handling is very sensitive to that. everything is affected by center of mass. stability, understeer, cornering speed, braking, wheelspin... center of mass is the least flexible parameter.

I'm not following you. By "vanilla GTA" you mean the stock V physics? Because there is nearly zero body roll there.

Suspension force refers to the stiffness of the springs, correct?

I've found rollcentreheight has the effect I was looking for. Not sure if you're saying that is just moving the center of gravity, but it doesn't seem like it.

nkjellman

I feel like the vanilla GTA V physics have been improved slightly. That auto correct feature doesn't seem to be as strong, and I feel like I can spin people out easier.

Anyways, any chance this will be updated?

suicidehummer

Yeah, they have slowly improved (at a glacial pace) handling physics since debut. Finally, the newest DLC cars are reasonably okay to drive. However, the new DLC cars also have NO DAMAGE MODELING WHATSOEVER. You can turn deformation up X2 and the parts just fall off with no damage to their original shape. Insanity. And the ones that do deform (slightly) just squish in like play-doh, not metal crumpling.

Not to mention the scratches that look like stickers stuck on, and will continue across multiple separate surfaces. How the hell could they have made such blatant downgrades from IV?

cp1dell

What DLC did Rockstar stop adding damage models to the vehicles? I'm using World of Variety but I'd rather not have sh*tty vehicles with no damage models spawning around the map.

Cyron43

No word from @Killatomate yet? I'm afraid this mod is dead. :(

rastakilla

Mod is not dead...Im sure he will update one day.

These updates take time

Killatomate

Rockstar secretly removed downforce in 1.42 (Doomsday) again. And since you morons neither noticed nor created an uproar the downforce is certainly not coming back. This mod cannot be made compatible with 1.42. It wont be compatible with 1.43 either. Also R* refuses to let me log in. I have to finish multiple Captchas for a CHANCE to get logged in. I am not going to waste MINUTES OF MY LIFE for every login.

My advice: Back up version 1.41 and get a cookie for it. its only going downhill from here. Version 1.41 is the one to store for eternity.

Cyron43

Rockstar secretly removed downforce in 1.42 (Doomsday) again. And since you morons neither noticed nor created an uproar the downforce is certainly not coming back. This mod cannot be made compatible with 1.42. It wont be compatible with 1.43 either. Also R* refuses to let me log in. I have to finish multiple Captchas for a CHANCE to get logged in. I am not going to waste MINUTES OF MY LIFE for every login.

My advice: Back up version 1.41 and get a cookie for it. its only going downhill from here. Version 1.41 is the one to store for eternity.

Hey, no need to call us morons, okay?! So you're done with it. Thanks for letting us know. At least we don't need to wait any longer.

Killatomate
Posted (edited)

wow, for the first time ever i have launched the game without needing to login. and everything runs so smooth without DRM. Time to give R* the finger. I can run the game independently now. FREEDOM! Shove your Shark Cards up yours

Edited by Killatomate

SilverRST
Posted (edited)

wow, for the first time ever i have launched the game without needing to login. and everything runs so smooth without DRM. Time to give R* the finger. I can run the game independently now. FREEDOM! Shove your Shark Cards up yours

Wut? Can you tell more in details? Or perhaps in PM?

I'm sick of R* their DRM too.

EDIT

So I'm not the only one here who have to enter those captcha crap all over again.

I even get logged off WHILE the game is loading :/

Edited by SilverRST

rastakilla

Yea happens randomly at times for ownership verification

eshenk

This right here, is why I stopped allowing updates after I/E.

eshenk
Posted (edited)

As it relates with DLC updates - that NEVER gives anything to SP - I am really surprised there has not been developed a tool to revert back to previous game versions. This tool would simply remove the DLC, and then remove any new entries made in updated files, such as weapons.meta, vehicles.meta, etc. If I could I would revert my game version back to the first version of the release date. So much extra bloat, that serves no purpose other than increase loading times, and removing features that once existed with previous versions.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about gtav.exe, LOL. *shakes fist at R**

Edited by eshenk

cp1dell

All you really need is the update.rpf, GTAV.exe, and GTAVLauncher.exe for backing up versions. I'm surprised there isn't an archive online of the different versions.

Cyron43

I'm surprised there isn't an archive online of the different versions.

It's not surprising because it's illegal.

Remix1994PL

@Killatomate

Hello, I have a question. What version of GTA V and patch was the most developed and the best for handling in the game?

Perhaps there is a way to play single player with the latest patch and its contents installed, but with handling from an older version of the patch. Perhaps the creators of OpenIV or people like Alexander Blade would be able to make their knowledge possible, that is the latest patch and content, but the service of vehicles and editing properties from another patch.

Regards.

Killatomate

@Killatomate

Hello, I have a question. What version of GTA V and patch was the most developed and the best for handling in the game?

Perhaps there is a way to play single player with the latest patch and its contents installed, but with handling from an older version of the patch. Perhaps the creators of OpenIV or people like Alexander Blade would be able to make their knowledge possible, that is the latest patch and content, but the service of vehicles and editing properties from another patch.

Regards.

version 1.41 was the best version. Rockstar disabled downforce in 142 and made vehicles suffer from innate upforce, messing with tire grip and suspension.

nkjellman

@Killatomate

Regards.

version 1.41 was the best version. Rockstar disabled downforce in 142 and made vehicles suffer from innate upforce, messing with tire grip and suspension.

So that is why you haven't updated this mod.

They did it again it would seem. I remember you talking about how they did it in the Gun Running update. Hopefully they will fix it in a later patch.

Claude_Lib

So, have Rockstar unbroken the down force in yesterday's update? I hope so, because I really want to drive that Cheburek with realistic driving physics and compare it with mine.

Killatomate

after trying to login for hours and completing 100+ captchas i found out something amazing.

update 1.43 still has downforce removed. innate upforce for every car.

Killatomate

Cockstar's 1.43 came down from its high horse and let me login for a second time. this time around i used a modified handling file and downforce actually worked. i dont know what changes Rockstar has actually done since 1.42 but there might be a way to get this mod working. if the f*cking game actually lets me login.

Claude_Lib
Posted (edited)

That's some good news. Dunno what to say about your logging in issues though, never had them myself.

Edited by Claude_Lib

SilverRST

Cockstar's 1.43 came down from its high horse and let me login for a second time. this time around i used a modified handling file and downforce actually worked. i dont know what changes Rockstar has actually done since 1.42 but there might be a way to get this mod working. if the f*cking game actually lets me login.

Check auto-login on, that should fix those cancerous captcha bullsh*t. I got the exact same issue here so I checked auto-login on.

Not sure but the stories has been telling it has something to do about the cracking gta accounts to sell them for 2-5$ or so.

nkjellman

Check auto-login on, that should fix those cancerous captcha bullsh*t. I got the exact same issue here so I checked auto-login on.

Not sure but the stories has been telling it has something to do about the cracking gta accounts to sell them for 2-5$ or so.

Did Rockstar change something in the launcher? I can't run the game anymore through the GTA folder. I have to launch it through Steam. It happens even when I downgrade. I need to use the Launcher Bypass, which seems to break ENB and ICEnhancer. That or they don't work on 1.43, which is odd since they have worked since day one.

Try using the launcher bypass. The launcher decided to start giving me trouble today so I decided to try it out.

Killatomate

When game update 1.43 was released my logins were extremely limited so i went straight to downforce testing instead of installing the RD mod. Due to changes Rockstar made those downforce tests returned negative.

Also: some of the new cars Rockstar has added have rediculous downforce values (normal: 1.0-3.0, new cars: 225.0-295.0) with no actual downforce being generated, leading to the impression that downforce is disabled in general.

I installed this mod and measured downforce while driving normally and downforce seems to work. The Realistic Driving V mod version 2.4 seems to work fine with game version 1.43

nkjellman

When game update 1.43 was released my logins were extremely limited so i went straight to downforce testing instead of installing the RD mod. Due to changes Rockstar made those downforce tests returned negative.

Also: some of the new cars Rockstar has added have rediculous downforce values (normal: 1.0-3.0, new cars: 225.0-295.0) with no actual downforce being generated, leading to the impression that downforce is disabled in general.

I installed this mod and measured downforce while driving normally and downforce seems to work. The Realistic Driving V mod version 2.4 seems to work fine with game version 1.43

I am glad to hear it. I look forward to seeing the updates for the vehicles.

I wonder how quick the Tridant will be with this mod.