3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Does anyone miss good ol` SA cops?

MrDeSanta

They were the best GTA cops ever.

Yesterday i`ve decided to do another SA playthrough. Nostalgia grabbed me the first minute i encountered those awesome cops.

Still remember the LS cops talking about donuts when chasing you? "This is making me hungry, i need a donut before we start this" Then beating you with the nightstick...

Or the SF cop yelling "wait, i`m actually a social worker in this uniform"....or the good old country cops with their epic quotations.

Ah, the good times, the fun i had with those cops is unforgetable.

Especially when i realize just how annoying the cops in V are. I have absolutelly no fun with them, they are just like some robots without any sense of humor, only there to kill you. All you hear from them is "i kill for a living" or "i need some f*cking cover".

And the saddest part is they aren`t even challenging, their AI is hardly any smarter than of SA`s cops, they`re just annoying.

I wouldn`t mind if they would be challenging but also fun at the same time. Instead, they`re just annoying.

The SA cops are truely the best cops in the GTA series.

• Like 5

Lethal Vaccine

Tbh, I don't think SA Cops are much different compared to III, VC, LCS, or VCS. The 3D Era had the same Cop System in which they spawned and how aggressive and stupid they were. The entire 3D Era Cop System is the same to me. The only "odd ball" is VCS in which the FBI at 5 Stars is the deadliest force the Cops ever shown in a 3D GTA Title, other than the Army. Their roadblocks are not something you want to mess around with. They shred your Vehicle into pieces within less than 2 seconds.

I think the best and most realistic Cops would be Chinatown Wars. You destroy the Cop Car....It stops chasing you. Just like how it would be in real life, too. Unlike the other Cop Systems in which they constantly spawn, one after another until you either visit a pay and spray or change clothing, or save and then reload, etc, etc, etc, etc...

• Like 2

PhillBellic

Tbh, I don't think SA Cops are much different compared to III, VC, LCS, or VCS. The 3D Era had the same Cop System in which they spawned and how aggressive and stupid they were. The entire 3D Era Cop System is the same to me. The only "odd ball" is VCS in which the FBI at 5 Stars is the deadliest force the Cops ever shown in a 3D GTA Title, other than the Army. Their roadblocks are not something you want to mess around with. They shred your Vehicle into pieces within less than 2 seconds.

It's a good thing I had those Empire Site Bulletproof Polaris V8's there. Really the only way to survive them. :)

Lethal Vaccine

Well, in VCS, the cops surprisingly can even kill me in the AP Sentinel XS from So Long Schlong. The front windshield can be shot out on ANY Vehicle, even if it's BP and the FBI seem to have amazing aim and can literally slowly decrease your health and armor, through hitting Victor through the windshield of an indestructible vehicle...

But SA cops can't even shoot your tires out, for instance, whereas the Gangs (Ballas, Vagos, etc) can. It's very strange how the cops are in SA. They are not accurate and are the same system as the other 3D GTA's, tbh.

I think the best and most realistic Cops would be Chinatown Wars. You destroy the Cop Car....It stops chasing you. Just like how it would be in real life, too. Unlike the other Cop Systems in which they constantly spawn, one after another until you either visit a pay and spray or change clothing, or save and then reload, etc, etc, etc, etc...

You`re right but i wasn`t thinking about it`s technicall views or how the wanted level system is functioning- that`s indeed very similar to the rest of 3D ERA GTAs. But i was thinking about their fun factor, their quotations. You know, the fun you had with them in general. Add the only proper rhino tank in the whole GTA era and you`ve got the recipe for pure fun.

Son of Zeus

Yeah, but their hilarious lines make them the best(IMO). Anyway, V cops are the worst- they aren't even funny.

Yeah, but their hilarious lines make them the best(IMO). Anyway, V cops are the worst- they aren't even funny.

Exactly. Not to mention the way they are diverse. GTA SA has 5 different cop models. LS, LV, SF, countryside and motorbike cops.

And they all have different and diverse quotations. I can number you countless different quotations they say. Each of those models has at least 30 different lines they say. And they`re all original and epic.

The amount of work that R* put in SA`s NPC voice acting is unbelieavably high and impressive.

And what about V`s cops? Only 2 different models with very limited quotations that repeat like a same ol` broken record. They aren`t fun, they aren`t challenging and they aren`t smart. They are just annoying, boring and robotic.

I`m still yet to hear more than 5 or 6 boring one-liners they say. The quotes like;

"find some cover"

"can i get some f*cking cover"

"keep this asshole entertained"

"GLOBOPOL FREEZE!!"

are pretty much the same crap you hear from V`s cops. After some time it is starting to get really annoying. And their obnoxious voices...gosh they`re boring.

• Like 2

I always loved using the "recruit anyone" cheat and making an army of cops.

• Like 3

I miss GTA SA cops too.

They weren´t too aggressive,if you had only one star and no weapon,they would just chase you and try to arrest you instead of giving you a second star for no reason and starting to shoot at you (in my opinion,they were acting more like how a real cop should act).They were also not as hard to run from in vehicles,their cars didn´t magically boost into player´s car and sent it flying off the road.

The only ones that were a little more pain in the ass were the biker cops who would shoot at CJ´s car or bike while riding their bikes,but even they weren´t as annoying as the SWAT team hanging from an SUV,shooting assault rifles with only one hand and still making headshots.You could just reverse your car into biker cops to knock them off.

• Like 3

Algonquin Assassin

I don't even know why people think GTA V's cops are a challenge. They're really super anal more than anything and they don't even arrest peds like the cops do in GTA IV.

They're neither challenging or funny IMO. Easily the most irritating cops in the series which completely suck the fun out of well everything.

It's been a while since I played SA last, but I remember they always had a good balance between a challenge without being overly annoying. Even on 6 stars you could still have a pretty epic chase or a shootout with them.

I hope GTA VI completey revamps the whole system. Boring robocops are not fun.

• Like 3

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I think GTA SA cops seem to hit the sweet spot between fun mayhem and enjoy challenging yourself against the heat at each wanted level.

The only thing that ruined the whole balance of the system was the annoying spawning rate of the cops on foot ( they spawn like every second or so when you hit four stars ) and to an extent, excessive rubber banding ( on highest wanted stars, of course ). Otherwise they are nearly perfect in my eyes for random, challenging, free roam fun!

Totally agreed.

I remember I always had good fun when those cops were chasing me, especially those from Los Santos (they're the ones with the most hilarious quotes IMO, SFPD are quite funny too).

Of course, the AI of the police in GTA SA isn't exactly very realistic, they're actually quite dumb in some situations but... those quotes would just made me laugh every time i heard them.

This is one of the things that makes GTA SA such a funny game to play.

Best enjoyed when being chased with a one-star wanted level only, maybe two at the most... because at higher levels you should just concentrate on killing them/escaping if you don't want to get busted...

Edited by _GTAFREAK_

PhillBellic

I love the dialogue from the cops in the Police Maverick.

Police Helicopter Pilot 1: Stop! Police!

Police Helicopter Pilot 2: I think he knows that by now!

Police Helicopter Pilot 1: This is aerial support...

Police Helicopter Pilot 2: Yeah, I think he knows that by now!

Police Helicopter Pilot 1: Hey, I can see my house from here!

Police Helicopter Pilot 2: Will you shut the f*ck up?

Lol the SF gay cops were epic. "come here honeybun"

"we can hold hands and share our pain".

Or the cranky LS cops

"come here skinny ass!"

"don`t let me die in my moms basement"

LV cop;

"yeah yeah yeah i know, you`re innocent right?"

Also the countryside sheriff deputies were amazing.

After they bust CJ;

"We`ve got different laws for you boy"

CJ- "f*ck you popo!"

Ah good times, good times

• Like 1

Son of Zeus

"we can hold hands and share our pain".

Or the cranky LS cops

"come here skinny ass!"

"don`t let me die in my moms basement"

LV cop;

"yeah yeah yeah i know, you`re innocent right?"

After they bust CJ;

CJ- "f*ck you popo!"

Ah good times, good times

Exactly. SA probably has the best Voice Acting of all GTAs. The attention given to dialogues is amazing.

Now, ten years later we have V. It's shocking how the V NPCs and cops pale in comparison to SA's. Even the IV cops were hilarious.

Lethal Vaccine

Reminds me of the Hookers in III - You Ain't Getting No Fuzzy Bunny, Honey.

In VC, they have a line like that, too, but it's slightly altered.

All the Peds were better in all previous GTA's other than V. It's a no brainer. I am sick of Rockstar's filth humor with dicks and saying f*ck every other sentence. It's not funny.

• Like 2

gangster2332

no money, no funny bunny, honey

Lethal Vaccine

Yup, that's the one, lol...

gangster2332

ot: yeah the vops in vice city and san andreas were the best lol.

especially: mount chilliad heli cop: i can see my house from here!

or in los santos: stop, i just wanna talk

• Like 1

All the Peds were better in all previous GTA's other than V. It's a no brainer. I am sick of Rockstar's filth humor with dicks and saying f*ck every other sentence. It's not funny.

Yeah all you hear in V is "f*ck". I`s so retarded and unoriginal.

LOL at anyone who says that V is a detailed game. Detailed where? At having more dense grass and swaying trees? LOL. The game is lazy in almost every aspect. Not to mention the voice acting by NPCs. Boring, one-liners that repeat like a same old broken record.

As a hardcore GTA player i find it extremelly annoying that i need to hear "poke me in the ass" or "this iz a jokeee" 10x everytime i drive through LS.

I kinda get used to it untill i did another play in SA lately. Even then i realized how bad and unoriginal V`s NPC voice acting actually is.

I don`t care if there is 1000x higher density of peds on the streets in V. The LS still feels dead compared to LS in SA.

gangster2332

Yeah all you hear in V is "f*ck". I`s so retarded and unoriginal.

LOL at anyone who says that V is a detailed game. Detailed where? At having more dense grass and swaying trees? LOL. The game is lazy in almost every aspect. Not to mention the voice acting by NPCs. Boring, one-liners that repeat like a same old broken record.

As a hardcore GTA player i find it extremelly annoying that i need to hear "poke me in the ass" or "this iz a jokeee" 10x everytime i drive through LS.

I kinda get used to it untill i did another play in SA lately. Even then i realized how bad and unoriginal V`s NPC voice acting actually is.

I don`t care if there is 1000x higher density of peds on the streets in V. The LS still feels dead compared to LS in SA.

gta v sucks. you want good gameplay? play sa.

you want "good" scenery and "high quality" textures? film your own city with a 1950 camera. better than gta v

PhillBellic

I don't even know why people think GTA V's cops are a challenge. They're really super anal more than anything and they don't even arrest peds like the cops do in GTA IV.

They're neither challenging or funny IMO. Easily the most irritating cops in the series which completely suck the fun out of well everything.

It's been a while since I played SA last, but I remember they always had a good balance between a challenge without being overly annoying. Even on 6 stars you could still have a pretty epic chase or a shootout with them.

I hope GTA VI completey revamps the whole system. Boring robocops are not fun.

There's a Trope Called Nintendo Hard that describes the V Cops pretty well. It's probably not the only one that could describe them :)

After they bust CJ;

CJ- "f*ck you popo!"

"I ain't a racist boy!"

Also the motorcycle cops.

"Leave this asshole to me ladies".

Edited by D9fred95

Rockstar should re-release GTA SA for NG/PC without any significant changes on graphical aspects of the game -- original cartoonish looks have its own charm and quality of immersion -- except for including the high resolution texture upgrades, better looking models/assets, and new interiors and unique buildings/exteriors replacing as many copy/paste stuff, and lastly, fully patched and fixed core gameplay, and map issues.

For instance, making spawning rate of the cops more realistic, improving the driving mechanics, upgrade the AI, upgrade gang recruitment and territory acquisition, revamp all the missions with more random variety, and difficulty spike, plus many more extras as addressed by modders for the PC version.

This will easily become the ultimate GTA to experience.

Some of the most epic and funny cop quotes are:

(most of them are from LSPD cops)

"I know what I'm doing, get me a donut" and "I don't know what I'm doing!" <- both said by the same cop lol

"You think this is gonna help your child?"

"I'll blow your head off, if you don't stop!"

"I'm gonna kick your ass for the good of the community!"

"You think you're tough sh*t, huh?"

"Eat sh*t!"

"I've been sober for over a year!"

"Ya come with me or what?"

"If you were me, would you wanna live?"

"Trust me, I don't wanna live"

"I've been trained for this all morning"

"Show me what you got, little man!"

"Why do you all run?"

... and some from the SFPD cops:

"After kick your ass, I'm gonna f*ck it"

"C'mon, let's open a constructive dialogue!"

"Did your mummy love you?"

"We should sit down and share our concerns!"

"The police are your friends!"

"You wanna grab my pistol?"

"Careful pal, I know how to use a stick!"

"Go ahead, release that tension!"

Damn, I could go all night saying all of those funny quotes... I miss this kind of fun on current GTA titles.

Edited by _GTAFREAK_

I'm surprised no one mentioned this quote yet.

"I'll take care of this, take care of my fish."

They chase me even for stealing a bike, I love their dedication.

I remember one of them asking for a medal for killing CJ lol