1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Dislike button

Octane

I want to dislike comments I hate.

• Like 1

Algonquin Assassin

We've had this suggestion many times, but I just don't see the point. If you don't like someone's post just don't respond to it. A dislike button would cause unrest with people constantly abusing it.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

IIRC, the dislike button made a short appearance when the new forum update released. It's really not worth it. Everybody that disagrees with you in the Online section will dislike your posts because they just simply share a secondary opinion.

VWSTp.png

PhillBellic

I don't see the point really. Additionally, I feel that it would cause problems throughout the Forum.

hornedturtle

A like button is useful as "i agree" posts are useless, however if you disagree with something it is better to explain why you disagree.

WildBrick142

Dislike button? On GTAForums?

Are you trying to cause an apocalypse?

The Dedito Gae

like the comment.

and then dislike it.

or better yet, make an intelligent reply that refutes the post and bash some likes while you are at it,.

• Like 1

Be clever and just ignore them. Nobody is interested to see which things you dislike.
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs? Did you ever wonder...

CslLPae.png

...why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?

Igor Bogdanoff

Everybody that disagrees with you in the Online section will dislike your posts because they just simply share a secondary opinion.

cough report button cough

Moving Idiot

"You don't like the car that I like? OMG U NOOB DISLIKE!!1!!1!!"

Trust me, this will happen... A lot.

The last thing we probably need is people competing for the most amount of Dislikes.

fib_ufo_small.png

By not clicking 'like' you are implicitly stating you dislike it. I thought this was common knowledge? :p

PhillBellic

The last thing we probably need is people competing for the most amount of Dislikes.

Yeah, leave that for @Waddy. ;)

• Like 3

Shadowfennekin

I used to want one. But then I realized somebody who hates you could stalk you and dislike every post you make. It'll be abused.

PhillBellic

I used to want one. But then I realized somebody who hates you could stalk you and dislike every post you make. It'll be abused.

It would be Abused for sure. I'm happy that they wont introduce it in that case. :)

Algonquin Assassin

Really when you think about the star rating kind of serves as a "dislike" system since someone could just give you 1 or 2 stars or none at all if they don't like what you post.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Really when you think about the star rating kind of serves as a "dislike" system since someone could just give you 1 or 2 stars or none at all if they don't like what you post.

I can see some people smashing the lone star just by disagreeing with someone's opinion.
Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs? Did you ever wonder...

CslLPae.png

...why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?

hornedturtle

I can see some people smashing the lone star just by disagreeing with someone's opinion.Why does anyone give a sh*t about this?
  • Like 1

JOEsAGGRESSIVE

I've made an argument that the like button is just as useless but people say they use the like button for two reasons: 1. To save a comment you'd like to reply to at a later date or 2. Because you actually like what was posted or that it was funny.

My point is that both could be used for the 'dislike' button. Plus imo it would really(in theory) cut down on spam such as: Cool story bro or any other one word replies.

Just an fyi, I've actually used the like button to troll because getting into a back-and-forth discussion can easily be resolved just by liking said blowhards post.. Half the time all the member wants is a few likes from their peers and when they have that they will typically just drop it.(this technique has served me well on numerous occasions because I neither have the time nor the energy to argue as much as I used to)

Seriously if the major reason for this not to be implemented is because the notion that it will be abused than simply put more of a restriction on it... Maybe 5 per member per day. That should satisfy the nay sayers as well as those who'd like to see this, again.

Not having a dislike button encourages people to actually say why they don't like someone's post; if a reply does fall under spam, one word replies, flaming etc. then you use the super-dislike and report it. Having a like button just gives positive feedback, which is a good thing, whereas a dislike button gives negative feedback with no explanation, which isn't a good thing.

And if it seems bad enough to be restricted to 5 per day, surely that means it shouldn't be allowed at all if it's that bad...just reply to the post saying why you don't like it. If that seems pointless, so would disliking it.

• Like 1

gwZr6Zc.png

I can tell you from my experience on another forums: for the love of God, do NOT turn on the dislike button. This caused so much butthurt that we had to turn the reputation system off altogether for some time, because we were sick & tired of the constant complaints.

74cXSsx.png

I can tell you from my experience on another forums: for the love of God, do NOT turn on the dislike button. This caused so much butthurt that we had to turn the reputation system off altogether for some time, because we were sick & tired of the constant complaints.

Don't worry, it's not going to happen. ;)

• Like 2

Over on a forum called LCPDFR - There used to be a dislike button, but it was abused to that extent that it was removed.

I get a feeling if one is implemented, it's gonna get abused over here.

• Like 1

Via admin control panel the reputation (as well as post count) can be set to any value.

Edited by yojc

74cXSsx.png