2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Best sports car for turning corners?

KXClavejo

I need a car that can turn sharp corners at high speeds. I'm tired of crashing into poles when trying to turn

Probably learning to drive properly would be better advice

As trollish as this might sound, this is correct. 90% of sports cars handle just fine, just learn when to turn and brake.

• Like 7

KornbreadMaf1a

Turning corners fast requires the ability to brake going into the corner and accelerating out of the corner. The tighter the corner the more brake you need to apply.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Jester sport.

Further then that, if you crash into poles this much you might consider blaming youreself.

Break faster :)

• Like 1

Grand Theft Amanda

Learn what an apex is.

• Like 3

Cornering at high speed.

Brake or at least let off the throttle before you corner and don't hit the throttle again until you are sure you won't need to let off. You don't want to be tapping the throttle as you go around a corner or that will just make you spin out.

Edited by Fozzie_420
Mainthreadrule.gif

I need a car that can turn sharp corners at high speeds. I'm tired of crashing into poles when trying to turn

Just brake! (lol)

Yes "just learn to brake and when to turn" rather than "when to turn and brake"^^.

But it also depends of the car.

Some cars (the better in fact) have good brakes allowing to brake quickly, with a good handling and a good grip. The better cars for races (races with traffic, urban races, technical races, without straight lines only) are those with a good "harmony" between oversteer and understeer.

The best cars are those with we can brake "quickly" (without the need to brake like a dumb) before the corner, and with a good acceleration (with a good grip). In this kind of races, the top speed isn't the priority (but it can be important). Only brake, acceleration, grip/handling and transmissions are useful.

Turismo R in "super" category, or in the "sport category" the Carbonizzare, Surano, Albany Alpha, Dewbauchee Massacro (Racecar), Dewbauchee Rapid GT, and the last one (of the best) in this category, the Jester ("race car").

Edited by Thalyn

What is this "brake" of which you all speak? :p

Blame the controller, not the car. The console controllers give no sense of actually controlling a car. The whole concept is fatally flawed and I can't believe that a $50B industry is still based on these sh*tty non-intuitive controllers after all these years.

If this thread were not actually serious, it would be a total LOL troll thread because running into poles and every other immovable polygon in the game is the deepest and purest essence of GTA. :/

Giantsgiants

Brake early, hit the apex, accelerate. That's the quickest way of taking a corner.

You can't expect to go through a tight corner with the gas floored in any car.

MitchMaljers

Jester (sport) or Elegy RH8, maybe the Banshee if you like to have a little challenge in those corners.

Dr WGA Labriskagni

An Obey 9F. The car loses traction when you want it to...

• Like 1

roboticsuperman

Feltser or jester

Failing that, seriously learn to drive.

The futo is the only one that has real issues. It is not effective at being driven the same way as other cars, it's designed to go round corners sideways, for style, not speed.

STANCEDBOSS

Please, see this video made by the legendary Broughy1322. It will help you.

And remember, the Elegy is the quickest sport car in the game.

Edited by el_charco
  • Like 2

oleg_aka_djmeg

Please, see this video made by the legendary Broughy1322. It will help you.

3J5ZzYzDVA

And remember, the Elegy is the quickest sport car in the game.

while it's the quickest, it takes more to control it than race jester or feltzer.
  • Like 1

zentorno without spoiler + a lot of practice

even better when you hold a sticky bomb while cornering

Race car massacro hand brake early gas as you turn double tap hand brake hit gas

FrozenDanCicle

I say this as a lvl 517 with 550? Wins and 360? Losses. I always use my racing massacro. If you try it and cannot turn in it then you simply need more practice. Run 'cutting coroners' until you get better at it.

I'm fastest in my Massacro. Over 1300 wins here. if your on ps4 add me and I can probably help you race a little better.

Edited by DrRockso26

aManHasNoName

Coquette,Massacro, and Jester do well cornering. Other than that they all handle corners pretty well if you brake properly and adjust how you go into and come out of the turns depending on oversteer/understeer..The sports class is by far the best class to race.

Edited by ZiggZagg420

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

I'm fastest in my Massacro. Over 1300 wins here. if your on ps4 add me and I can probably help you race a little better.

I love my race Massacro. It's a little loud though, but cool sounding.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Sports/Supers are some of the easiest cars to drive in this game, not that the other classes aren't easy because they are. But simply put, if you can't drive a sports/super in this game without crashing then you need to take the time out to learn how to drive.

I bought a race version but i couldn't tell any performance differences so i just kept my original and sold the race version. its probably my favorite car in the game.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

I bought a race version but i couldn't tell any performance differences so i just kept my original and sold the race version. its probably my favorite car in the game.

So I've heard. I kept my race version because it's easy to pick out when choosing a car for that class. LOL!

Feltzer has very nice handling but like all cars its what you prefer, understeer or oversteer, light or heavy feeling and your skill level. Do not pick the rapid GT unless your skill level is insanely good.

In hairpin turns you want to brake and launch out of the corner.

But IMHO ignore people that say use the brakes and take the corner.My advice is that you ease off the throttle a bit early,you will be passed but when that other person breaks,they need to build up that speed again.When you ease of the throttle,the car is still moving and once the corner is over you can launch out of it.Try with the Jester RC with offroad tires,it is very user-friendly,allowing you to take smooth turns and accepts mistakes.The braking and acceleration is outstanding.Then move up to the Elegy w/o offroad tires,it has sh*t brakes for those hair pin turns but since you know how to take corners know,you will be on Par with other top-tier cars such as the Massacro RC and Jester RC.Once you mastered the Elegy,go back to the Jester RC w/o offroad tires,and improve upon it,learning when to take brakes,master your lines all that good stuff.The last step is those miniscule differences,those slight carbon parts where they shave off that extra .2 of a second.Broughy1322 and GUNIT123 are great collaborative Youtubers that do alot of stuff together that intrigues most racers.

Best of luck in your turning endeavors,its a short process :)

But if you want a cuthroat answer,Feltzer on the Jester RC if you know how to ease on the throttle.

Edited by VikDarkbomb
  • Like 2