2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Secondary Character Roles

REXX

I am pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find the thread. I'll get straight to it. We should have an option to allow our secondary character tag along with our primary character during contact missions or vice versa (maybe even in freeroam?) This gives us the opportunity to help rank up our secondary/primary characters without playing as them. The way they perform could be based on their stats. The player gets to choose which weapon (that the secondary/primary character owns) during the lobby screen before the mission. The secondary/primary character will be AI controlled and depending on his/her stats, the accuracy could be either low, medium or high (similar to actors in the Capture creator). Maybe we could even select which outfits we want them to wear from their saved outfits.

I mean it is possible, look at some of the contact missions. AI characters help you in some occasions (Stanley in No Hay Bronca and Caught Napping). I don't think it would be hard to create this. Either way I am going to send a detailed idea to Rockstar, so fingers crossed (we are never that lucky anyway).

Perhaps there could be new awards for playing along side your other character or new missions specifically made for just you and your other character. Maybe even during special heists just for you and your second character.

D-Pad Commands

Attack: If I can remember rightly, whilst on foot (not aiming), the left and right D-Pad buttons do nothing. In this case, the left D-Pad button could command your AI character to start attacking enemies. Pressing the left D-Pad button again will stop your AI character from attacking.

Drive: Pushing the right D-Pad button (when not aiming) could command your AI character to get into the nearest car/ vehicle as the driver, allowing you to enter as a passenger and focus on shooting oncoming enemies. This would be similar to how the Taxi works. If a yellow blip is present on the map, the AI character will automatically start driving to the destination once you have entered the vehicle. If not, you can select the destination via the interaction menu or pause menu map. Pushing right on the D-Pad will make your AI character get out of the vehicle either whilst the car is in motion (in case the vehicle is about to explode, for example) or idle.

Thought I'd share this with you all, feel free to add on any of your ideas :)

• Like 3

It's a nice idea, might appeal to some. I don't personally see having to maintain a not-too-intelligent NPC all that particularly fun, even if there are benefits like leveling two characters at once, or additional money.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

It's a nice idea, might appeal to some. I don't personally see having to maintain a not-too-intelligent NPC all that particularly fun, even if there are benefits like leveling two characters at once, or additional money.

This!

Not a bad idea at all. I could need a chauffeur, so that I could concentrate on getting drunk in the back of the Swift Deluxe. :p

Should be deactivated when doing stuff with human partners, though. Nobody wants to fail a mission because another guy's NPC did a stupid.

Not a bad idea at all. I could need a chauffeur, so that I could concentrate on getting drunk in the back of the Swift Deluxe. :p

Should be deactivated when doing stuff with human partners, though. Nobody wants to fail a mission because another guy's NPC did a stupid.

Yeah didn't think it would work well with other players during missions. This is why I mentioned about specific missions just for you and your character. Then again, in some cases you'd probably get an idiot of a player and your AI character does better than him, haha!

Skullkicker227

Sounds interesting, I don't know how well this would work but it would be a cool feature to have!

TheRealJohnnyBravo

I've said for a while we should be able to use our two characters at the same time. It would be a really cool experience and break up some of the monotony of the game IMO

Oh damn, people hit rock bottom....

Yes!!! (PSx & Xbox rules lol) It's true, after to have to push only ONE button to do 10 simultaneous actions, Rockstar have to implement a AI for our characters... it's f*cking annoying to play......

Edited by Thalyn

XxJazzy42xX

I would love that, It would keep missions from getting dry and what not. Plus it would get a chance to show your 2 characters together besides in a line up at the police station. Even though I dont trust the AI a whole lot. I trust it more than player controlled characters...........unless the AI has a betrayal code that can happen at anytime at random......otherwise I would like to see this used. Now somebody said this once and another said that would take away from the online community and the interaction with players on players. I don't think so and besides even if it did some people hate the gta online community, but thats just me.

Could work but for R* to do it it would have to be a lot simpler.

So they just follow u where u go. If you aim and shoot then they start to shoot. If u jump in a car then they jump in a car. If u hold triangle then they will drive. If u jump out the car they jump out too. Hold triangle again and they will stop the car and u both get out.

If u taunt then they taunt too.

This way they pretty much just shadow you, that sounds easy enuff for R* to make happen. And it would add something more to the game.

Edited by Grimase

It'd be a waste of programming effort. Can you imagine failing because your second character died, destroyed the target or go stuck (gotta remember the ai is crap in gta).

Quinn_flower

my alt is only useful for car bonds.

It would be cool to have a backup secondary character controled by AI in missions,hopefully that would mean we can play missions for more than one person without other players.

Maybe we could switch characters like we can switch singleplayer protagonists (if one of your characters is in trouble,switch to that one to get him/her to cover and heal up while the other one covers you),maybe we could also give each of them their job (if the mission needs you to destroy multiple targets,make characters split up and send one after one target while you hunt another target),and maybe even each of them could call their mechanics to deliver them their vehicles that they would share so we could have access to all of their vehicles with both of them during missions.

I also like the idea that the two characters know each other,this way they could be presented as friends,siblings or maybe even as some Bonnie and Clyde style couple.

Edited by LeopardGecko

I agree, the lack of friendly AI is kinda frustrating some times. Yeah, I know you can get people to play as its the game intention but that's not the point. I mean, really friendly AI that you can customize at will. Would be nice.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

XxJazzy42xX

It would be cool to have a backup secondary character controled by AI in missions,hopefully that would mean we can play missions for more than one person without other players.

Maybe we could switch characters like we can switch singleplayer protagonists (if one of your characters is in trouble,switch to that one to get him/her to cover and heal up while the other one covers you),maybe we could also give each of them their job (if the mission needs you to destroy multiple targets,make characters split up and send one after one target while you hunt another target),and maybe even each of them could call their mechanics to deliver them their vehicles that they would share so we could have access to all of their vehicles with both of them during missions.

I also like the idea that the two characters know each other,this way they could be presented as friends,siblings or maybe even as some Bonnie and Clyde style couple.

I like this. If we had it from the start it would make customizing the second character to blend with the 1st anyway you want them to blend.

FrozenDanCicle

What would be cool is if they allowed it in freeroam.You call up your other character and 30sec later he pulls up in some sh*t box. He can ride with you and act as back up. Maybe his weapon upgrades with your level, 1-10 pistol, 10-20 uzi, 20-50 assault rifle, 50+ heavy machine gun.

You could make a tunable in the interaction menu for attack all, return fire or passive.

There is precedent given how in gta4 you could call the dude who was in prison for crack and he would send two homies to have your back. Assuming they didnt make the secondary character a terminator, I dont see why it would not work.

Only if our 2nd character gets the AI Headshot skills that other NPCs in the game have

• Like 3
Mainthreadrule.gif

Some good opinions on here. Just want to let you know that I sent the idea to Rockstar. Whether they'll read or not is another thing, haha!

Edited by REXX93