2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Surviving Lester's Distraction

markyhitch

I'm talking about when the purple area appears on the map and if you go there, you're thrown straight into a difficult battle with the police which will probably end in you dying several times and, upon surviving, you get money but also have to shake off five stars, which you probably can't and end up losing your beloved car too.

My favourite way of surviving this is to do it in a hydra. Hover high over the city and you need worry only about helicopters which can be easily shot down. And when the timer runs out, simply fly away till the stars vanish!

I mostly just used the kuruma. I hate that event. Its so boring, we deal with enough cops in free roam already. No need for an event lol

• Like 2

I mostly just used the kuruma. I hate that event. Its so boring, we deal with enough cops in free roam already. No need for an event lol

This.

The more creative ways of completing this I've found:

1) On some of the locations there are rooftops where to hide and only fight police helicopters and some random policemen who climb up the stairs. At least in south downtown near the hospital area there is a good rooftop, also near the beach. Other purple circle locations might not be suitable for this.

2) Flying in a circle with Hydra/Lazer. This might get your head dizzy. The police helicopters won't damage you that much. Just fly near the circle borders, don't shoot. Maybe lower your landing gear for more precision.

3) Armored Kuruma, as StangOne50 mentioned. This is quite fun in the docks area purple circle, where you can survive the 5min without even being hit by a police car, if you just can drive good enough around the containers and loose the cops. All in all the most easiest and safe way to complete the Distract Cops.

4) Find a dead end and play survival. This can be done at least near the Beach and on that northeast building site suburban area, where there are lots of alleys. Find a one where the cops only can see you from one direction and it becomes a real survival. Can be completed, but requires armor+snacks and some skill of course.

5) Maze bank top level hideout. When the circle is in the Maze bank area, fly on top of that building. Then go down stairs and hide in the small "cave". You don't need to do anything, just wait for 5mins, and boom it's complete and you get the $10k and a mark for the award.

Butterfly57

I like the armoured Kuruma.gets a bit boring driving around for 5 mins but it's still an easy 10k.

If it is in the Alta St area though, doesn't matter what vehicle as I just pop into the tunnel opposite the apartment and wait it out.

Tails Prower

I elected not to go for the Kuruma when doing these random events.

Dependant on the location I use the tank having planned my get away before triggering the event as there

is usually an alleyway or safe zone where the police can't crash into the tank and cause damage then after

the five minutes is up drive carefully to the escape zone.

Usually I hide in the underground tunnels or the railway tunnel near mirror park, this looses the five stars

and have not died yet using the tank.

The other good thing this award has is for completing The Police Mocker, had very little progress on that

platinum but now thanks to this random event you get a point for every five stars you evade at the end

of Distract Cops.

I just park in the middle of the area in a tank, occasionally firing rockets at unsuspecting police officers.

Mattoropael

Park there in a tank and take a break.

Kuruma would be a good substitute if you can find a spot where the A-pillar weakpoint can't be used by the cops to shoot you.

1) On some of the locations there are rooftops where to hide and only fight police helicopters and some random policemen who climb up the stairs. At least in south downtown near the hospital area there is a good rooftop, also near the beach. Other purple circle locations might not be suitable for this.

I found that if you park a vehicle at the base of the ladder, climb on top of it and then climb up the ladder the police can't climb up as the vehicle blocks the ladder. So you only have to worry about helicopters. Best use a machine gun and aim for the pilot for those wanting that $10K and not have to worry about spending a good portion of it on rockets.

It's completely optional to do, no one is pressuring you to do it. I think it's a great way to make money - $10K just to kill cops for 5 minutes? We already do that, now there's just a paycheck that comes with it.

• Like 1