3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

heist punishments (just read)

Stargazer2600

Stargazer2600

So heists have been something i been enjoying when i can but that's rare to do since people join in and then either imediatly leave or they leave during the mission which (unlike a contact mission) cancels out everything. I have literally had a heist member leave just as we were about to complete the damn thing. literally the last checkpoint was right there.

There needs to start being heavy penalties for just leaving during a heist or make it so its like a contact mission and doesn't screw everyone else over (some missions can be done with only two or three people like the setup prison break: plane)

One idea i suggested to a friend is make it so when you go into a setup/heist you have to pay a "buy in" If you complete the setup/heist without leaving then you get that money back and your reward. If you leave however, you lose that money and maybe it could go to the crew that didn't leave since you basically wasted there time.

the whole thing is really frustrating when you add that you have to put up with some really stupid players who make you wonder how they even completed the damn game but that i can handle. Players leaving for no reason and just being trolls online while doing it is BS

KashKashMania

I do feel bad for you that people have just up and left near the end of everything but if you're playing with randoms this is what you're going to get. I do think players leaving a heist early for things other than say connection problems should get like bad sport points or a penalty of sorts like with PV insurance, I don't think a buy in option would be doable. Simply because you already have the host putting up the startup cost and then people would ask "Why can't our buy-in cash go to the startup cost for the entire heist?" and it would make sense but then you have to wonder, okay who becomes heist leader because we all put up the cash and if two players don't get along mid heist neither one would want to leave because they put up some serious cash and i could just see one or both of them trying to sabotage the other and just end up pissing everyone else off and it could get really ugly, really fast.

Plus, heists were never meant to be with randoms. Look at how intricate they are and how easy it is to fail one. All it takes is one person leaving, plus all the communication that needs to be done as well as the cooperation that's required is staggering. Can you do it with randoms? Yeah. Is it going to go nearly as well as if you did it with friends? No, of course not.

• Like 2

GamesBoy316

What if the player didn't actually leave and got disconnected instead?

i hate people leaving but think if you need to pay a joining fee then you wouldn't be able to leave until heist leader quits or you win, and the whole idea of heists is to make money if you have none so many people will be unable to pay it. Another problem is that you could be disconnected and receive equal punishment, I played a game a while ago and hated it (why I don't play anymore) were if you leave a match you are not allowed to do anything in game (except star at the screen) for 25 minutes to a hour. I think people should not be aloud to leave or if they do you should just be able to continue the mission as long as you are not in a portion of the mission that NEEDS 4, also I would like you to be able to invite some one new when someone leaves rather than getting kicked and needing to restart and re-invite everyone.

I recommend doing it with 3 other friends or finding crews or people on the forums to do them with otherwise it will take 2 to 3 times longer as the players may not be very good (which is just as frustrating as them leaving). In my opinion there is no way to solve this and make EVERYONE happy the money idea will make people with bad wi-fi lose there money if you understand I think there will be a problem with almost every idea.

Edited by ce102088

What if the player didn't actually leave and got disconnected instead?

This ^^

Everyone has reasons for leaving, whether it be loosing connection, crashing, having to go do something else, or just being an as*hole.

I have no mic. Thus, I would be a liability on stealth missions. I'll help you out through Series A, and then drop out before Bikers or HUmane Labs and drop out before Deliver EMP. Why? Because I cannot do a countdown with you to shoot simultanously, and I have no way of communicating that to you. And it's not like I can stay out of the way, sneak behind you, and let the people with mics synchronize their shots, because then I'm "not doing my part" and I get kicked.

Of course, I could join heists after the stealth mission, and then even if I do my damnedest on the rest, I'm a heist jumper and get ripped off and disrespected.

I have no mic. Thus, I would be a liability on stealth missions. I'll help you out through Series A, and then drop out before Bikers or HUmane Labs and drop out before Deliver EMP. Why? Because I cannot do a countdown with you to shoot simultanously, and I have no way of communicating that to you. And it's not like I can stay out of the way, sneak behind you, and let the people with mics synchronize their shots, because then I'm "not doing my part" and I get kicked.

Of course, I could join heists after the stealth mission, and then even if I do my damnedest on the rest, I'm a heist jumper and get ripped off and disrespected.

Do you have ears? Are you willing to listen? I did Humane labs start to finish with a player with no mic and we did fine because he listened to my instructions. He even flew the helicopter, had no idea what he was doing and I talked him through it and no one died and we didn't fail. When I deliver te EMP with players who LISTEN and follow directions, it takes about 2 minutes from the time we arrive. There is no need for it to take longer. And if you're on PS4, there is no reason not to have a mic because it comes with one!

hornedturtle

Do you have ears? Are you willing to listen? I did Humane labs start to finish with a player with no mic and we did fine because he listened to my instructions. He even flew the helicopter, had no idea what he was doing and I talked him through it and no one died and we didn't fail. When I deliver te EMP with players who LISTEN and follow directions, it takes about 2 minutes from the time we arrive. There is no need for it to take longer. And if you're on PS4, there is no reason not to have a mic because it comes with one!

Who needs to listen when you can solo delivering the emp....just need to use a silened auto weapon and know that you need to kill the 2 scientists before the 2 guards near the cars.

Stealth quests aren't really as hard as you thought or require perfect synchro between players. You just need a fast gun and nobody of the teams are noob enough to miss few shots on a target.

In fact you can actually solo the whole Deliver EMP enemies all by yourself if you know what you are doing. For Bikers, I hadn't tried, but shouldn't differ much.

As for the finale of Humane Lab, at the card keys part, just decide one guy initiate and another observed and follow immediately, can pass still even not perfect synchro.

Who needs to listen when you can solo delivering the emp....just need to use a silened auto weapon and know that you need to kill the 2 scientists before the 2 guards near the cars.

This is why no one wants you in their heist. If you tried to go rouge or Rambo in our heists we would vote to kick you and start over with a respectful player who knows how to work as part of a team!

• Like 1

hornedturtle

This is why no one wants you in their heist. If you tried to go rouge or Rambo in our heists we would vote to kick you and start over with a respectful player who knows how to work as part of a team!

Sorry for knowing how to play the game.

• Like 3

If I get disrespected, I leave the heist immediately.

LOL

This guy....

Edited by Setzaroth
  • Like 3

Claptrap NL

So heists have been something i been enjoying when i can but that's rare to do since people join in and then either imediatly leave or they leave during the mission which (unlike a contact mission) cancels out everything. I have literally had a heist member leave just as we were about to complete the damn thing. literally the last checkpoint was right there.

There needs to start being heavy penalties for just leaving during a heist or make it so its like a contact mission and doesn't screw everyone else over (some missions can be done with only two or three people like the setup prison break: plane)

One idea i suggested to a friend is make it so when you go into a setup/heist you have to pay a "buy in" If you complete the setup/heist without leaving then you get that money back and your reward. If you leave however, you lose that money and maybe it could go to the crew that didn't leave since you basically wasted there time.

the whole thing is really frustrating when you add that you have to put up with some really stupid players who make you wonder how they even completed the damn game but that i can handle. Players leaving for no reason and just being trolls online while doing it is BS

They only should punish people if they do it often. I've lost connection with XBL when I was in a heist a few weeks ago, why should I be punished for that?

Revenge of the Donut

It'd be nice if the players who don't f*** up during the heist got compensated a few ten g's after so many failures to relive the feeling of wasted time heist gives off just because one guy can't stop dying, I think the compensation should apply to crews who are ditched in the middle of Heist missions too.

Edited by Revenge of the Donut

It'd be nice if the players who don't f*** up during the heist got compensated a few ten g's after so many failures to relive the feeling of wasted time heist gives off just because one guy can't stop dying, I think the compensation should apply to crews who are ditched in the middle of Heist missions too.

wtf??

as nobody forces you to play heists with the risk of failing, how in the world would such a compensation be justified??

have you ever seen or heard of a bank which pays the failing robbers a compensation?

for the "leaving issue" i just want to make it claer again that most of the "leaving" players during heists don't leave on purpose!

the game says they leave but they don't.

in most cases they loose connection because of the unstable server system of rockstar or own connection issues.

Edited by size_m

If I get disrespected, I leave the heist immediately.

LOL

This guy....

You just made my f*cking day rofl

Actlikeyouknow

personally i think if someone leaves the session would pause, invite some people, get someone to replace the guy who left, than pick up where you left off. also, rockstar, if your listening, drop in joining during missions (not heist's) would be awesome. i hate having to finish or quit a deathmatch just because my friend lagged out and can't join the game mid-session.

I play alot with friends and they leave all the time but its not on purpose, its the sh*t servers.

How about instead of punishment, you get an extra X% if it's completed the first attempt? Say, 10 - 20% or so.

People who do this I hope they get cancer of the eyeball.

I'm still working my way through as leader, and I've started doing them on easy just to complete them. It's simply too painful otherwise.

Stargazer2600

People who do this I hope they get cancer of the eyeball.

I'm still working my way through as leader, and I've started doing them on easy just to complete them. It's simply too painful otherwise.

Thats what i did. all setups were on easy so i could just get them done and heists were on normal