2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Your savedata cant be loaded..

swebarb

so sick of this game tryied joined a random heist and ofc it didnt connect for some reason now i cant even connect private session.. and i doubt there anything wrong with my internet been like this since release almost :(

I've been playing for awhile and never had any connection issues, that and I've never seen the Rockstar or Social Club servers down. It might not be your internet but I can assure you it's nothing to do with the game or Rockstar because me and about 6 other friends don't ever have issues playing.

Check your NAT settings(not sure if this is a console only thing), or try a different network card/wireless adapter?

There isn't much we can do about it here unfortunately. Try contact Rockstar and provide them with a DirectX Diagnostic report of your system. Start>Run>dxdiag

Edited by Crystal3lf

Mr. Someguy

Actually it is related to the game, something Rockstar mucked up in the last update. I get this error very frequently on my male character, but not once on my female character. I've also seen others reporting this error, also starting with the latest patch. I don't know any work around, usually I just spam the various Online options (Solo, Invite, Friend, Public) until one goes through. Seems to work more effectively than spamming one type. Hope that helps a little, but there's not much you can do!

Edited by Mr. Someguy

I've been playing for awhile and never had any connection issues, that and I've never seen the Rockstar or Social Club servers down. It might not be your internet but I can assure you it's nothing to do with the game or Rockstar because me and about 6 other friends don't ever have issues playing.

Check your NAT settings(not sure if this is a console only thing), or try a different network card/wireless adapter?

There isn't much we can do about it here unfortunately. Try contact Rockstar and provide them with a DirectX Diagnostic report of your system. Start>Run>dxdiag

wow u must be lucky almost all my friends that i talked with get this more or less.. and i still think there is nothing wrong on my end because no online game acts up while i play and while it happens it seems as if the game just looses connection and gets stuck in a loop or something because when u cant join a private session online its not my fault its their crappy system that acts up and then wont let u in even tho my internet is working fine... and i live in sweden we have good internet here would my fiber line 100mbit not be enough for this silly game? i kinda doubt that as i can count on my fingers how often my internet has been down the past years...

Edited by swebarb

100mbit not be enough for this silly game? i kinda doubt that as i can count on my fingers how often my internet has been down the past years...

I only have 30mb/s and the closest server to me is over 5,000km away. Like I said, it's not the game.

MajorVienna

Do you have a second character? Some say it's not related but I only started getting this very recently after switching. Deleting it didn't fix it.

It's definately something Rockstar did with the IGG update.

A temporary solution I have found is to be in story mode, use the character select wheel to choose your online character, then at the blackscreen prompt to leave GTA V and go online, cancel, then pause and join online from the pause menu. It doesn't always work though, but has been pretty reliable method for me.

Edited by MajorVienna

I've submitted a ticket with Rockstar about this. See below.

"Your save data could not be loaded from the Rockstar cloud servers at this time. Returning to Grand Theft Auto V".

I can sometimes play for hours without issue, take a break and upon my return, the above error will appear. No matter which method I select to get back Online, (Joining via Friends, Solo Session, Choose Character) the Online session will simply not load.

The single and only definite, but temporary fix is to delete the "pc_settings.bin" file from the following location:
C:\Users\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\507F133A

By deleting this file it will allow me back on to GTA Online for that session, but if I was to restart the game, the issue comes straight back. Strangely I seem to come across this problem mainly in the late evenings around 20:00 onwards.

Edited by ceaton88

The single and only definite, but temporary fix is to delete the "pc_settings.bin" file from the following location:
C:\Users\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles\507F133A

This worked for me, but had to re-adjust some settings (Voice Chat, etc.).

MajorVienna

To anyone who has deleted that file and was a returning player/can buy the Dukes- let me know if that capability came back after a while cause I lost it (Dukes becomes invisible in garage etc). Had to paste my original .bin back in to restore it.

It also asked me if I wanted to port my character in (which I had already done on PC release), didn't want to risk screwing up my online data with the possibility of causing the same character from 20 levels ago with less cash to overwrite the current version. Anyone do this?

These 2 things are linked but not the kind if thing you want to gamble with.