3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Where's the SP DLC?

Che Guevara_187

Che Guevara_187

Where is this big SP DLC R* talked about last year? anybody have information on the subject?

• Like 3

No news as of yet. And this dosen't need a thread. We've already got an official SP DLC discussion thread which has been temporarily locked because of the lack of info.

• Like 1

Good quesition! I will give it until late summer when the Rockstar editor drops on NG consoles and Ill Gotten Gains 2. If we still hear nothing after that point then I think we all can safely assume that there will indeed be no SP DLC!

Edited by A.O.D.88
  • Like 4

Don't hope for any SP DLC. If it comes out we will anyways have the info but its important to not trust and depend on Rockstar expecting them to release a DLC that would change the game drastically!

Don't hope for any SP DLC. If it comes out we will anyways have the info but its important to not trust and depend on Rockstar expecting them to release a DLC that would change the game drastically!

Good point! Yeah if Rockstar was gonna release this "big" expansion DLC for Story Mode wouldn't E3 at Sony's conference have been the ideal time and place to announce it! That right there makes me put the odds of release now at less than 50%

• Like 3

IF the SP DLC ever comes out, IF, and that`s a big f*ckin` IF, then i really hate to think what`s the lenght of it`s story mode gonna be. If the main title only has 69 missions, out of which 5 are Lester`s assasinations and 5 the useless stuff like "buy a mask",..well then the DLC will probably have 10-15 main missions at best.

This time i have the lowest possible expectations so i wont be dissapointed. It wont happen again like it did with V.

I even lost my hope about RDR 2. Even if it`ll ever come out it will probably be the Online/MP 80% of it. Just like with V. Sorry guys, but i think that R* called an end to the SP gaming.

So, better hope for little to nothing and you wont be dissapointed.

• Like 4

HoleInTheSky

Well, that fossil of an implicaiton by Shawn Fonteno is the only shred of evidence that supports a work in progress, but before I get my hopes up, it's not the first time Rockstar has changed their minds about something later down the line. I'd prefer it if Houser and his buddies would admit where their priorities lie, so us SP gamers can go to elsewhere for our fix rather than having us waste time crying over theories that go nowhere.

IF the SP DLC ever comes out, IF, and that`s a big f*ckin` IF, then i really hate to think what`s the lenght of it`s story mode gonna be. If the main title only has 69 missions, out of which 5 are Lester`s assasinations and 5 the useless stuff like "buy a mask",..well then the DLC will probably have 10-15 main missions at best.

This time i have the lowest possible expectations so i wont be dissapointed. It wont happen again like it did with V.

I even lost my hope about RDR 2. Even if it`ll ever come out it will probably be the Online/MP 80% of it. Just like with V. Sorry guys, but i think that R* called an end to the SP gaming.

You hit the nail squarely on the head here. They really should change their name to Onlinestar Games!

• Like 4

Che Guevara_187

It's been 18 months since they said anything about it :sui::cry:

• Like 3

I've said it before and I will say it again there is no SP DLC they said "story mode updates" That stuff probably came on the XB1/PS4/PC release I think it was probably the peyote plants,Franklin taking pictures of animals, the murder mystery for Michael and so on... You people really need to learn how to read

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51955/GTA-Online-Update-Free-Deathmatch-Race-Creators-this

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1

Yep, and after that it's like the DLC just fell off the face of the earth. They won't talk about nor even aknowledge Story mode anymore. It looks very much like Rockstar might have scrapped it and now they just hope everyone forgets about it so that the issue can die quietly on its own. That's the way it looks now going by Rockstar's behavior since then.

• Like 5

Cutter De Blanc

Yep, and after that it's like the DLC just fell off the face of the earth. They won't talk about nor even aknowledge Story mode anymore. It looks very much like Rockstar might have scrapped it and now they just hope everyone forgets about it so that the issue can die quietly on its own. That's the way it looks now going by Rockstar's behavior since then.

That is not a very professional way to handle things.
  • Like 4

In short: in the works, until it is ready.

Lol, at this rate Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 will have already had their DLC's released before V even gets the official announcement!

• Like 3

Cutter De Blanc

If Fallout 4 comes out first, GTAV will be getting very little playtime from me. If R* can't get their sh*t together by November 10th the DLC will move from "Day one download" to "whenever I feel like scraping the money together after I get bored of Fallout."

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
  • Like 6

If Fallout 4 comes out first, GTAV will be getting very little playtime from me. If R* can't get their sh*t together by November 10th it the DLC will move from "Day one download" to "whenever I feel like scraping the money together after I get bored of Fallout."

See that's thing I don't understand here Cutter, the longer Rockstar waits and withholds this thing, the less an impact it's gonna have!

Rapidly approaching the 2 year mark V is fading into the sunset while big new highly anticipated titles like Fallout are fresh on the horizon. Rockstar already missed their prime window of opportunity to make an impact with V's Story DLC!

I've said it before and I will say it again there is no SP DLC they said "story mode updates" That stuff probably came on the XB1/PS4/PC release I think it was probably the peyote plants,Franklin taking pictures of animals, the murder mystery for Michael and so on... You people really need to learn how to read

And later this year, look for even more additions to both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, including more holiday-themed updates, some very exciting Story Mode DLC and much more.

• Like 2

Nah nah nah Gta 6

Wow, you guys are either impatient or expect too much, mostly both, This isn't GTA IV where the story DLC was made along side the game.

Edited by Stoney0503

And later this year, look for even more additions to both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, including more holiday-themed updates, some very exciting Story Mode DLC and much more.

Zello you just got wrecked straight up!

Let's see the Rockstar defense squad and all those who said "they never promised Story DLC!" try and spin that one!!

Edited by A.O.D.88
  • Like 2

chilleverest

It will be announced in a few years time, followed by two even three major delays, probably by the end of this console cycle with a new GTA release for cross gen, both CG (cutting content) and NG (adding them again to show value) with a slight gap ............cha-f*ckin-ching !!

Edited by chilleverest
  • Like 4

I personally am neutral on the subject, and this thread is effectively pointless and will undoubtedly be locked for the same reason as the other SP DLC thread.

Edited by lolznc
  • Like 1

Cutter De Blanc

You made me promises, promises

You knew you'd never keep

Promises, promises

Why do I believe?

Nah nah nah Gta 6

Oh yeah guys, just because R* says Story DLC is coming without any proper conformation, it doesn't make it 100% true, it's only offically confirmed when they announced it properly, such as what the DLC is called or when the release date is.

Oh yeah guys, just because R* says Story DLC is coming without any proper conformation, it doesn't make it 100% true, it's only offically confirmed when they announced it properly, such as what the DLC is called or when the release date is.

Wow man, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one!

Nah nah nah Gta 6

Sorry I told the truth.

Sorry I told the truth.

Nothing is 100% true until it's actually released. They said we'd be getting story mode DLC over 14 months ago and haven't said anything since. That's unprofessional and disrespectful and there's no good reason to defend it.

• Like 3

I will like to sit in my little bubble of denial, ROCKSTAR WOULD NEVER DO THIS TO US!

The f*ck am I kidding, im losing hope too.

It's Rockstar's style with GTA to make you wait years for the next game (and now DLC). Wouldn't surprise me if there was a seven year wait for the next GTA.

Edited by NDH92