2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Are Modded Controllers illegal on PSN?

ce102088

I was looking up custom controllers on the internet and saw one that looked somewhat interesting.The controller I came across said in its description it had things like rapid fire and stuff like that and that its not detectable on playstation network, I DID LOOK THIS UP I already know this topic will be locked but when I looked it up I didn't find the answer I was looking for. The answers I saw online were comments from people saying you shouldn't use it its unfair to your enemy's, basically saying its unfair kinda like glitching or camping. What I would really like to know is if I were to buy this plug it in and play online will I get banned, I imagine if there illegal they have some amount of security to be undetectable but even if they are suppose to be undetectable how reliable is that? I noticed if you look around there are LOTS of modded controllers on the internet for sale so even if I decide I don't like this controller there will still be another somewhere I may want.

TheJasonGallant

From what I've seen, people seem to be saying no. I never used one so I don't know.

Misanthrope Z

i don't think R* (or even Microsoft and Sony) have methods of banning people solely for using a modified controller.

how exactly can they tell unless you're making it painfully obvious? like, i HIGHLY doubt they have information sent to their HQ/database/whatever, telling them what kind of controller you're using.

Edited by Pegassi Autobot

Retired Mafia

so how exactly can a controller give rapid fire to the game?

LightningLord

By registering the button press an insane amount of times, so just holding down the button registers it as a ton of button presses. But from my experience, it doesn't work with GTA V.

IcOqQpq.gif

Misanthrope Z

it'd be extremely pointless since all of the weapons in this game are pretty much automatic

even the pistols have a set firing rate :\

In response to Retired Mafias question rapid fire from what I know makes semi auto weapons be fully automatic, I believe although I may not be right that it turns every gun into a machine gun

Misanthrope Z

In response to Retired Mafias question rapid fire from what I know makes semi auto weapons be fully automatic, I believe although I may not be right that it turns every gun into a machine gun

if that's your reason for getting one, you'd be wasting your money. that wouldn't work.

Im not getting one because of the mods I just noticed a large percentage of custom controllers have mods, I would be buying one because I like the way they look but I made this because I don't wana be banned for owning one.

Misanthrope Z

Im not getting one because of the mods I just noticed a large percentage of custom controllers have mods, I would be buying one because I like the way they look but I made this because I don't wana be banned for owning one.

in that case, go for it

still, i've never heard of anyone getting banned from XBL or PSN for using modified controllers.

if that were the case, i'm pretty sure i would've been banned for it long ago, as i used to play games using a Gran Turismo modded controller (i pretty much had to, my dualshock was f*cked up at the time)

Edited by Pegassi Autobot

Rapid Fire / Turbo is basically automates multiple press into single press.

So let's say, Jakobs gun in Borderlands requires single button press for every single shot. By having this Turbo on, you won't need to keep pressing the button to keep shooting.

Now whether the gun will be machine gun or not, it depends in the game coding. If there's no interval set between button presses, then yes, you can expect this Jakobs gun (to follow my example) to be gatling gun.

Edited by luisniko

it appears a lot of the people who replied to this have used modded controllers so I can assume there good for gta 5 online, call of duty (if I ever decide to buy another one) and battlefield 4 and hardline and there is no way to ban you I would imagine unless someone sends an email or letter to sony complaining about it but then they also need to prove you have one.

EDIT: I would most likely get confused if I tried a modded controller, I knew someone trying to sell one for xbox 360 he showed me how the mods work and it was somewhat confusing unless they work for example I press once it will shoot until I press the button again to stop it or something like that.

Edited by ce102088

Yup. RF controllers are useless in GTA. They come quite handy for games like BF Hardline (for the G17 which has no fire rate cap).

I just use my magic trigger finger y' know.

it'd be extremely pointless since all of the weapons in this game are pretty much automatic

That's not true. The only pistol that does have a set rate is the .50 and the AP pistol. If you rapidly tap with the other pistols, it drastically increases the fire rate.

Ai®a©ob®a

it appears a lot of the people who replied to this have used modded controllers so I can assume there good for gta 5 online, call of duty (if I ever decide to buy another one) and battlefield 4 and hardline and there is no way to ban you I would imagine unless someone sends an email or letter to sony complaining about it but then they also need to prove you have one.

EDIT: I would most likely get confused if I tried a modded controller, I knew someone trying to sell one for xbox 360 he showed me how the mods work and it was somewhat confusing unless they work for example I press once it will shoot until I press the button again to stop it or something like that.

Just be warned if other people seeing you rapid firing a gun that isn't suppose to they will report you and you will be banned from the game especally in COD

Edited by Troubadour

Misanthrope Z

That's not true. The only pistol that does have a set rate is the .50 and the AP pistol. If you rapidly tap with the other pistols, it drastically increases the fire rate.

i never noticed that

but to my defense, the only pistols i ever see being used are the .50 and the AP