2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Are cool things being removed or just random bugs?

Above

I've been free roaming Story Mode on the PS4 version since the recent update, and there are several things that don't seem right. Sharks and mountain cougars (red dots) don't appear anymore, dolphins don't make that high-pitched whiny sound anymore, the LSPD Buffalo never spawns anymore, etc. It's also worth mentioning that I can't remember the last time I've seen a thunderstorm with lightning...

So what's going on? Random bugs introduced by title updates or are things being removed to make room in system memory for new content such as Online Heists and Ill Gotten Gains? Story Mode feels more and more like a beautiful empty shell.

I have reached the point where I consider initializing my PS4 and do a fresh GTAV install to see if that helps, but first I'd like to hear if anyone else is having these annoying issues right now and whatever it is that may cause them.

Edited by Above
  • Like 1

GamesBoy316

Whenever Rockstar releases a new update, there's always going to be new issues, so I think the best way is to wait for a patch. Also, Rockstar does remove cool, harmless, things. For example, you can no longer enter the police station in GTA Online.

• Like 1

I've actually had more Police Buffalos spawn since the update....but there is always a few new bugs. Thankfully this time it's nothing like after the Heists update, but all we can do is wait for a patch.

That's weird. I've observed graphical improvements in the ps4 version with the last update, more thunderstorms and LSPD buffalos...

Edited by Frito-Man

fluffydude51

I noticed the same things OP and my characters never ever do carjacking animations with guns anymore, and helicopters don't spawn on the hospital and police station roofs anymore

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

that's not how system memory works... it may remove those things from a current sample of spawnable objects but not the spawn pool. so, unless Heist vehicles or missions are spawning in SP then there would be no need to clear up memory samples.

further, GTA V has a problem adding things to general memory sample...

you ever notice how new DLC cars that are added to the game aren't added to the regular spawn samples? and you gotta buy them to access them from the special car list?

that's cuz the sample pools are static in a way that you cannot just add or remove data, you gotta reformat the entire data pool.

that's why on the PS3, DLC cars were never ever added to random spawn samples until the PS4 version when they finally had a chance to edit the entire data pool.

so.... in the same way they usually cannot add new cars to random spawn samples, they cannot just add or remove the content you described.

there of course can be bugs that conflict with triggers of the sample pool but i can't speak to that because i haven't noticed any changes. it wouldn't be unheard of though as the game has had that issue to a small extent a few times.

• Like 3

oCrapaCreeper

Thunderstorms have always very rarely ever happened outside the times they are scripted to play like in missions. When they do happen naturally, they are only set to last for a few seconds. Also it's not like they broke the lighting sprite again, it still appears if you use the weather cheat.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

my characters never ever do carjacking animations with guns anymore

My do, at least Michael does.

I also found a cougar in the Raton Canyon when I played a few hours ago.

oCrapaCreeper

Also sharks still appear when you swim to the border of the ocean.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

fluffydude51

Also sharks still appear when you swim to the border of the ocean.Maybe it's just differences in our games? Because I've noticed videos of people with over 70% completion that still have spawning random events (such as purse snatchers, armored trucks) yet I haven't gotten any of them in many months

^ yup, I have read at support that many things in game are connected ( scripted ) with the % completion and/or story progression, incl. certain bugs, too.

For the topic, clearly seems another f*ck up with SP from the Online update.

- Report @ support by creating a topic there too, and more people will eventually find out to share their similar experiences of the game being bugged or not.

Maybe it's just differences in our games? Because I've noticed videos of people with over 70% completion that still have spawning random events (such as purse snatchers, armored trucks) yet I haven't gotten any of them in many months

Yeah, the ATM robberies and security van random events will continue to spawn even after completing them. Maybe you just have been unlucky finding them, they only spawn at certain times as far as I know.

BrettTheRenegade

The latest update actually made the killer whales appear for the first time. I've been searching for ages but since that update I've seen them every time I'm on my jetski or boat.

My game on PS4 after the last update;

-cougars and sharks still spawn like they did before and the red dot comes on the radar everytime. There are 3 scripted shark spawn points. One just west of fort zancudo beach (the sand beach west of FZ airfield) and the second just NE of Mt Gordo, where the sunken crop duster is. And the 3.rd is right above the sunken dead body (Michael`s murder mystery) and tug boat SW of Fort zancudo. Or they spawn when you reach the map boundaries.

-the dolphins never made high pitched voice, those were orcas that still do. They are practically all over the coast, everywhere. As for the dolphins they make some low pitched sounds similar to scratching with teeth.

There`s also alot more hammerhead sharks on the east coast, near the sunken boat.

And the amount of whales is also increased. They`re most common on the east coas or N from del perro pier. They are now killable but only if you ram them with the submarine. You could used to push them on the beach but not anymore.

-police buffalo is very hard to find but still spawns. I got myself 1 for every character just 2 days ago. It`s spawning point seems to only be in the textile city, pillbox hill (near the hospital) and the police station in textile city.

But you wont find it that easy.

The easiest way to get is like i did;

Take Trevor and let the cops arrest you on foot at 1 star near the police station in textile city. Once you respawn outside the police station commit something so you gain 1 or 2 stars. Check for the incoming police vehicles and see if there`s a buffalo anywhere. Enter the rage mode so the cops wont kill you.

Sooner or later you should see some police buffalo spawning but it will take you few tries. It took me 4 tries and i got it.

So it must be some sort of a bug in your game.

Hope this helps. Try to rebuild your database to see if that helps.

• Like 1

I've also noticed you can no longer change clothes during missions. Not a big deal but I remember you used to be able to do it.

Maybe it's just differences in our games? Because I've noticed videos of people with over 70% completion that still have spawning random events (such as purse snatchers, armored trucks) yet I haven't gotten any of them in many months

Yeah, the ATM robberies and security van random events will continue to spawn even after completing them. Maybe you just have been unlucky finding them, they only spawn at certain times as far as I know.

The best thing is to check on Rockstar social club map. It shows you the events you haven`t finished yet.

But even when you have all of them (60) the ATM robberies and security vans will still appear at certain locations.

But keep in mind that there are some of rare random events that alot of people don`t even know about. Such as Simeon Yetarian only available untill the jewel heist, san chianski mountain range security van, gay hillbilies in the wind far, altruis event or the dodo seaplane.

I`ve managed to get them 59 and i still don`t know how to get that last one. The social club map shows the white dot near Banham canyon but whenever i come there there`s nothing. I already picked that Tinke guy so i really don`t know how to get it to 60.

Edited by MrDeSanta
  • Like 2

Shadowfennekin

The best thing is to check on Rockstar social club map. It shows you the events you haven`t finished yet.

But even when you have all of them (60) the ATM robberies and security vans will still appear at certain locations.

But keep in mind that there are some of rare random events that alot of people don`t even know about. Such as Simeon Yetarian only available untill the jewel heist, san chianski mountain range security van, gay hillbilies in the wind far, altruis event or the dodo seaplane.

I`ve managed to get them 59 and i still don`t know how to get that last one. The social club map shows the white dot near Banham canyon but whenever i come there there`s nothing. I already picked that Tinke guy so i really don`t know how to get it to 60.

Only event I can think of near the Tinkle guy is the naked groom to-be with pink stuff on his chest tied to a tree. You did that?

Only event I can think of near the Tinkle guy is the naked groom to-be with pink stuff on his chest tied to a tree. You did that?

Yes i did that in the begining. The map shows the dot near where the main highway that runs through Chumash goes right (if you come from south) where some gas station is. Just north from Weston`s house.

Edited by MrDeSanta

But keep in mind that there are some of rare random events that alot of people don`t even know about. Such as Simeon Yetarian only available untill the jewel heist,

I had to restart my PS4 play through because I had forgot to do that random event. :/

That must be Hitch Lift 1 which I have done already. The dot is not located correctly, should normally be on the Great Ocean Highway, on the northern end of Ineseno Road. I think when I did it it was night, not sure though.

Edited by DaWiesel

But keep in mind that there are some of rare random events that alot of people don`t even know about. Such as Simeon Yetarian only available untill the jewel heist,

I had to restart my PS4 play through because I had forgot to do that random event. :/

That must be Hitch Lift 1 which I have done already. The dot is not located correctly, should normally be on the Great Ocean Highway, on the northern end of Ineseno Road. I think when I did it it was night, not sure though.

No i did that already.

According to this i did everything but it still shows 1 missing.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Random_Events

Btw, i did notice that those men in black and scientists under the satelite dishes south of Bollinbroke penitentary are gone now. So i can`t get myself an FIB buffalo anymore.

fluffydude51

Even on PS3 the random events wouldn't spawn after story completion, I understand that they should, but they don't. Not for me. Someone said rebuild my database so I guess I could try that. They spawn just fine until I finish the story, then they spawn once or twice more then never again. The last time I completed the story was in February and I've not had a van spawn since then. There is one gruppe van that will spawn, but it yields no money, wanted level, and doesn't have the blue dot on the minimap

NikoBellicGTAIV

Even on PS3 the random events wouldn't spawn after story completion, I understand that they should, but they don't. Not for me. Someone said rebuild my database so I guess I could try that. They spawn just fine until I finish the story, then they spawn once or twice more then never again. The last time I completed the story was in February and I've not had a van spawn since then. There is one gruppe van that will spawn, but it yields no money, wanted level, and doesn't have the blue dot on the minimapSomething that worked for me (for whatever reason) is slowly aproaching the event's spawn point by car while using the cinematic camera, and keep switching the camer so that it always aims away from the spawn point. And I also sometimes activate the slow mo, not sure if that helps.

I don't know if its me but I notice (after starting my fourth play through) that I can no longer manipulate the Stockmarket to get money.

TOOMtheRaccoon

Since the Ill-Gotten Gains update I never seen a Gang Burrito random event on PS4, can someone prove this?

Feels that we lost more and more cars in next gen story mode: Gang Burrito, FIB Buffalo, Bati 801 RR ... :/

Since the Ill-Gotten Gains update I never seen a Gang Burrito random event on PS4, can someone prove this?

Feels that we lost more and more cars in next gen story mode: Gang Burrito, FIB Buffalo, Bati 801 RR ... :/

There`s the TLMC gang burrito if that`s what you meant. You can still got it on multiple occasions. Random events and The scrapyard missions.

There`s the TLMC gang burrito if that`s what you meant. You can still got it on multiple occasions. Random events and The scrapyard missions.Most common way is when Trevor throwing that guy from a top the bridge. Edited by SuperGTFan
  • Like 2

TOOMtheRaccoon

@MrDeSanta @SuperGTFan

Both, the Gang Burrito random event and the scrapyard missions doesn't appaer. Only the same pitchers, hookers, tequillala, hen house ... all these immobiles has Franklin.

There are two Gang Burritos; scrapyard and random events have mat black Burritos, by switching to Trevor this is a glossy black Burrito. Maybe I'am simply unlucky.

R* fix an issue and makes two new.

that's not how system memory works... it may remove those things from a current sample of spawnable objects but not the spawn pool. so, unless Heist vehicles or missions are spawning in SP then there would be no need to clear up memory samples.

further, GTA V has a problem adding things to general memory sample...

you ever notice how new DLC cars that are added to the game aren't added to the regular spawn samples? and you gotta buy them to access them from the special car list?

that's cuz the sample pools are static in a way that you cannot just add or remove data, you gotta reformat the entire data pool.

that's why on the PS3, DLC cars were never ever added to random spawn samples until the PS4 version when they finally had a chance to edit the entire data pool.

so.... in the same way they usually cannot add new cars to random spawn samples, they cannot just add or remove the content you described.

there of course can be bugs that conflict with triggers of the sample pool but i can't speak to that because i haven't noticed any changes. it wouldn't be unheard of though as the game has had that issue to a small extent a few times.

I have noticed a few cars that once spawned in traffic on PS4 no longer seem to do so. I remember how the Turismo R, Zentorno, Coquette Classic frequently spawned at specific spots a few updates back. They have either removed them, which isn't possible if I understand you correctly, or their rarity has been increased dramatically. It's the same with that moster truck I used to find parked in front of the Rebel Radio HQ, I never see it there anymore for a few months now. Now I can add the LSPD Buffalo to the list, it used to spawn a lot near the downtown police station and Pillbox Hill area, but I never see it now. It would kinda seem odd that so many "special" cars would simply disappear from the game because of bugs. I can only imagine they have been removed from the spawn pool in order to increase their exclusive value and people's incentives to purchase them. Please explain why that wouldn't be the case.

Edited by Above