2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why is Lamar so popular amongst V fans?

MrDeSanta

I noticed alot of people would want Lamar as a DLC protagonist. I mean the guy is dumb as f*ck. His IQ is probably lower than the one from Wade or maybe even at best.

He is too tall, too skinny and his ingame face model looks ugly as hell. The only good thing about him is his voice acting.

Sure Franklin is undeveloped and boring but i prefer him over this moron any day. Who the hell would want to have him as a DLC protagonist anyway? The guy that wears flipflops over white socks and who weights less than Lindsay Lohan at his 6.6 feet? No thanks.

Give me Franklin for DLC over this moron any day.

Edited by MrDeSanta

Son of Zeus

Lol true indeed. He's basically a cheap copy of Ryder from SA. R* seems to have lost creativity.

• Like 2

Lol true indeed. He's basically a cheap copy of Ryder from SA. R* seems to have lost creativity.

Yeah except that Ryder was made very well while Lamar is just a bad generic copy.

I would say that Officially there's a General consensus amongst some fans that Lamar is very likeable because he is 120% into the whole gang warfare and South LS hood-action scene.

However Lamar is known to sometimes get in over his head and may need to be rescued from time to time.

Edited by A.O.D.88

poochiewanacake84

Because he'd be more interesting than boring Franklin all that fool ever does is ironing everytime I switch there he is bloody ironing!, I think peops like lamar cuz he's a similar character to cj n a throwback to San andreas

• Like 4

happygrowls

Because there needs to be some light hearted comedy in this game, and Lamar provides.

Also, because he is quite funny? That's why I like him.

• Like 5

The Dedito Gae

i like him.

but i definetly would not want to play as him, he's ugly,he has horrible clothes and he's painfully stupid ,Franklin is smarter, handsome, has better clothing options and actually has a future ahead of him.

the only thing Lamar does better than Franklin is being taller and be interested in the ghetto lifestyle, but he's only good at being a inmature friend/funny sidekick.

he's definetly not DLC material.

Edited by Midnight Hitman

Because there needs to be some light hearted comedy in this game, and Lamar provides.

Also, because he is quite funny? That's why I like him.

I`m sorry but i fail to see how and why is Lamar funny? Firstly he speaks the things i don`t even understand, some lousy new age street, gangsta slang and secondly he is so f*cking stupid that it is almost insulting to the player`s ears.

I really can`t find 1 single moment where Lamar was funny. At least IMO.

Yes Franklin is a bit too bland and undeveloped but at least he looks more of a man.And i can imagine Frank being a gangsta 1000x more than Lamar. The only "badass" thing Lamar did in the whole game was shooting that Vagos guy in one of the Simeon`s mission. And that made him a big gangsta i suppose.

He was kidnapped and almost got killed. Not to mention he was like a scary little kitten when calling Frank in the last mission; "yo homie, homie they see me, please help quick...SOS nigga SOS, THEY SEE ME"...

That ungratefull little asshole. Franklin saved his ass many times and was he gratefull for that? Hell no! He even said "and you supposed to man". Like saving his sorry ass was an obligation to Frank or something.

BULLsh*t!

Edited by MrDeSanta

BlackSnow176

I like Lamar as a comedy relief, but I don't wanna play as him. That would be a complete joke...

I heard that Solo returns as Franklin in the DLC. Wonder if he'll be the protagonist or just a side-character. I wouldn't mind a DLC centered around Franklin, as long as the missions and the story are well-written, and not centered around the ghetto. I feel he didn't get enough screen time in GTA V, the game being focused on Michael and Trevor's relationship for the most part (and you siding with either one of them).

If anything, I'd like a DLC where Michael, Trevor and Franklin are not the main characters. Introduce a new protagonist and center the story around him solely. The GTA V trio could make cameos, but it wouldn't be a good idea if they're the main protagonists once again. Rockstar would probably not make that mistake anyway.

Since Franklin is returning for sure, I assume we'll take control of a character we already met in the original game. They could tie the stories like they did in GTA IV and EFLC. Just... not... Lamar... :catloaf:

Edited by BlackSnow176

I wouldn't want him as a protagonist.

I think he's a funny character though. Some of the things he says are just so ridiculous I can't help but laugh at them.

I think Niko Bellic is certainly on his way back to the series. I would not be surprised in the slightest. He probably would come to visit Brucie and Packie.

Edited by Nick930930

Speaking of DLC content, personally i would like to be something like that;

-either playing as FRANKLIN ONLY but the missions should be all about the hood only and not about some boring, fancy Vinewood Hills crap. The hood, ballas, chamberlain hills etc. Lamar for a side character for sure but not for the main protag, hell no!!

- playing as TREVOR ONLY. Sure i dislike him as character but i admit his missions in SS are the best. And i like the chapter of his TPI and meth bussiness. So the story should only be about expanding his TPI bussines and destroying the competition. Chef, The O`neills, the Aztecas, Ron...But no TLMC, nothing about bikers.

As for Michael, despite him being my best protag, i wouldn`t like to have him as the main DLC protagonist just because i don`t like playing as an FIB bitch, a little federal lapdog, screw that. Unless the story wouldn`t be about being FIB bitch. But then again, i can`t imagine Michael`s story being anything other than being Steve Haines` bitch.

Nigga don't hate him cause he's beautiful nigga,maybe if you got rid of that old yee yee ass haircut you'd get some bitches on yo dick.

No,seriously,he reminds me of Playboy X,only dumber,and he's not that funny,i think Frank is funnier lol.

Nigga don't hate him cause he's beautiful nigga,maybe if you got rid of that old yee yee ass haircut you'd get some bitches on yo dick.

No,seriously,he reminds me of Playboy X,only dumber,and he's not that funny,i think Frank is funnier lol.

Yeah that`s the only thing i find somewhat funny from Lamar. Because he was so right. Frank`s default haircut was plain awfull. The first thing i do when i get control over Frank is taking him to the barber. :lol:

I couldn`t stand playing him with that haircut for a minute longer than i needed to. That yee yee ass haircut+ smart pants + that ugly ass yellow shirt= the worst default appearance of any GTA protagonist. Even worse than CJ at the begining...white tank top+ skinny ass :catspider::breadfish:

Thank god for customizations

Edited by MrDeSanta

As for Michael, despite him being my best protag, i wouldn`t like to have him as the main DLC protagonist just because i don`t like playing as an FIB bitch, a little federal lapdog, screw that. Unless the story wouldn`t be about being FIB bitch. But then again, i can`t imagine Michael`s story being anything other than being Steve Haines` bitch.

Michael could keep working for Solomon Richards, with similar missions like the ones Tommy got from Steve in VC or Vic got from Reni in VCS. If I remember correctly, Funmw2 found something in the game files mentioning a "Zombie DLC" for Michael which could be a reference to the movie studio and maybe involve Michael helping Solomon doing a movie. That would make sense IMO.

BlackSnow176

Michael could keep working for Solomon Richards, with similar missions like the ones Tommy got from Steve in VC or Vic got from Reni in VCS. If I remember correctly, Funmw2 found something in the game files mentioning a "Zombie DLC" for Michael which could be a reference to the movie studio and maybe involve Michael helping Solomon doing a movie. That would make sense IMO.

I hope there isn't any zombie stuff for GTA... Zombies are such a chiclé nowadays with their huge smartphones and tablets and stuff :/

• Like 2

Like mostly everyone is saying, it's always funny when someone plays it off like he's the hardest and the best, but always get's himself in trouble.

He's like the Episode 2 Anakin.

I hope there isn't any zombie stuff for GTA... Zombies are such a chiclé nowadays with their huge smartphones and tablets and stuff :/

I'm with you. undead nightmare might've pulled it off well, but only because that would fit in that series. Zombies stay the f*ck away from GTA.

• Like 2

The Ghost 206

Dont get me wrong he can be funny at TIMES not all the time but hell no i wouldn't wanna play as him and to be honest the only reason why people love him so much is because Franklin set the bar so low...

I would say that Officially there's a General consensus amongst some fans that Lamar is very likeable because he is 120% into the whole gang warfare and South LS hood-action scene.

However Lamar is known to sometimes get in over his head and may need to be rescued from time to time.

What you did there.

I see it.

Only people who still think this game should be called SA 2.0 like Lamar. Everyone who understands this isn't a gang themed game will maybe get one or two laughs at him, but will generally find him annoying as hell.

He is funny thats it,but dont wanna dlc with him coz that would mean gang themed gameplay and i dont like that

Lets face it,he is more memorable than bunch of other generic characters.

• Like 4

Because he´s one of the funnier characters in GTA 5 and because he´s more into gang stuff (GTA SA nostalgia).

• Like 2

Shadowfennekin

Because he's f*cking hilarious. Without him Franklin would be even more boring than he already is.