1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Your save data could not be loaded from the rockstar cloud servers at

aiBreeze

I've started to get this error message about a week before the latest update hit and have always been able to work around it by loading into creator mode however no matter what I do today, I can't get online. Has anyone discovered another way to work around it or just any advice on how to stop my save file from somehow getting stuck? Been playing GTA:O since launch and have played on four different platforms and never had this problem before, don't know what Rockstar changed but it's incredibly frustrating.

This has been happenning to me a lot since the update. To fix it I usually just either quit the game and come back or changing game saves also works for me

Reset your router and modem if that doesn't work, clear your system cacche.

Yeah I've been told this a thousand times and it just doesn't work. It Rockstar's problem, not ours.

Reset your router and modem if that doesn't work, clear your system cacche.

Yeah I've been told this a thousand times and it just doesn't work. It Rockstar's problem, not ours.

I rarely have this issue and when I do it's usually fixed by doing that, it's usually on my end. I have no problem admitting that while others claim to have gubermental level networks,I am low budget. While this is also a rockstar issue, it's not always their fault, and any tech worth their salt knows to check the dumb stuff first before tearing down the isp to pinpoint a minor issue....check the connections first.

This solution isn't going to work for everyone. It may however work for the Op, so you are premature in your pitchfork grabbing, at least give him an opportunity to get assistance and helpful advice before souring his hopes of a speedy, harmless solution.

I have been getting this error for a few days now and I really thought it was just me. I submitted a ticket to rockstar and it magically disappeared when you click the link to follow up on it :/ I haven't been able to fix it but when I get the error message and loads back into story mode if I choose one of my older single player saves it allows me to load into gta online. The other problem I'm having is that I was half way through the pacific standard setups and since I stared getting that error message my heist board is totally empty and I can't replay any of the heists or setups.

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

I've started to get this error message about a week before the latest update hit and have always been able to work around it by loading into creator mode however no matter what I do today, I can't get online. Has anyone discovered another way to work around it or just any advice on how to stop my save file from somehow getting stuck? Been playing GTA:O since launch and have played on four different platforms and never had this problem before, don't know what Rockstar changed but it's incredibly frustrating.

If you want help to fix this problem, it would help to know what platform you're on.

This is for those that have this problem on the PS4. Only delete the auto save. After following the vid, reboot your console and hold down L1 and R1 as it boots.

Xbox 360 here. Cool I'll try calling uncle Lester. Thnx for help.

Edited by em1b16a2

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay

Clear game data (not save data). Then while loading gta hold L1 + R1 or RB + LB

Edited by xAxWilliams

Well sh*t, my save data from my main character couldn't be loaded and the game forced me to load my secondary character, turns out all the Pegasus vehicles transferred over to the secondary. Wtf. Have I inadvertently screwed up my main?

clear your save game data (on console) reboot with whatever clear cache method is for yoru console. Its re-download your online data again and will resynch. Works for me on xbox one

Failing that its bad luck and you just have to wait it out (up to 4 hours)

Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R

If your on PS3/ps4 when you start up Gta from the hold R1 + L1 ( not sure what they are called on an Xbox remote ) until the game brightness screen pops up then set that to whatever and it will load up story mode , than go to online and that's it 👌🏼 you just gotta change your camera height setting and sniper aim while moving setting again when you go online as it changes them back to default 👍🏼

Guys, on PS4, if you go through character selection (I swap between the 2 characters 2 times just to "call up the data" but that may be totally unnecessary), it bypasses that error. Worked EVERYTIME for me.

FYI: the L1/R1 trick never worked for me, and I have no idea how to clear the game data, so I tried this and it works.

Edited by Ido

Guys, on PS4, if you go through character selection (I swap between the 2 characters 2 times just to "call up the data" but that may be totally unnecessary), it bypasses that error. Worked EVERYTIME for me.

FYI: the L1/R1 trick never worked for me, and I have no idea how to clear the game data, so I tried this and it works.

The character selection thing worked for me once and never again. Noe I only get in intermittently... -.-

Clearing game data, reseting cache does nothing. Rockstar insists that my ports are not open no matter how many times I tell them.

Clearing game data, reseting cache does nothing. Rockstar insists that my ports are not open no matter how many times I tell them.

Same, it's even gotten worse now.

Have same issue, went through steps, and still a no go...created tkt with R*

Prior to this hapannings i was in a session with some muppet who wad blowing up the entire lobby to no end. Instead of hard shutting down PS3 i pulled the network cable to get outta death loop then only getting this message.

Cheaters just suck donkey nutz.

:) i Chang

Update: tried steps again and this time it worked. Before i was holding L1 & R1 when ps3 was booting up. Did this during gta boot up went through default shading prompt. Also prompted user agreement checkbox and now online works just had to reset some settings.

:) i Chang

Edited by Chang

how do u delete game data???

ps4

There is no "Delete Game Data" on PS4 you have to delete the game itself and reinstall.

Don't do it as it won't do anything.

thank u for telling me

do u know any thing to make it work?

Other than trying what the folks above have said no...

I mean you could try opening your ports and NAT setting Check Out This Thread to tell you how to do so, Even though it says Suspened & Resume it still tells you how to do it.

thank u for telling me

do u know any thing to make it work?

Other than trying what the folks above have said no...

I mean you could try opening your ports and NAT setting Check Out This Thread to tell you how to do so, Even though it says Suspened & Resume it still tells you how to do it.

k i'll try that

thank u

• Like 1

I sincerly hope that the next update is going to fix this issue. The game is barely playable in this state at times.

Thanks for the suggested actions, I might try them out the next time I have trouble connecting to R*'s servers with my first character.

Sadly, Rockstar being an Indie studio means they have a lot less resources and money to buy functional servers. With the very low price of the game and absence of microtransactions, they can't possibly afford competent staff to fix bugs or afford reliable servers.

If I exit online to story and try to get online again I get this saved data message. It doesn't seem to relate to any particular platform as there are reports on their support forum from PS and Xbox users with this problem.

So far, Rockstar support have had me clear my cache countless times (pointless as this is not the issue) and remove my xbox profile and uninstall GTA, then put it all back (also pointless as this is not the issue but I thought I'd humour them). Once I reported back my lack of success with reinstalling everything, they suggested I reinstall everything (seriously, wtf?). I advised them I would not be doing that for a 2nd time today so I was pointed towards the old clear your cache waste of time article.

The problem is at their end, not ours. The last update screwed (for some people) the interaction between single player and online. If you are leaving online for a short period (I would say less than 4 hours as I believe this is how often their servers resync') of time, I suggest you leave by dashboarding the game instead of returning to story as this seems to work.

Hopefully a patch or an update is released soon which address this problem.

I get this dang error every single day. I had found a work around, " removing your My Documents Rockstar folder to another location and start the game, then leave and replace your Original Rockstar folder to My Documents... witch seem like it should be very unnessisary for a game of this "caliber" No now the "quick" (because lord know it takes forever to load online twice) does not work. Any solutions or is Rocksatr just saying they can literally f*ck PC user's up there ass because they don't care and can do no better.

Anyone remember the days when games were released 99% bug free? sh*t Rockstar, Bethesda, and a handful of other could never do that, ever. What a shame. Guess I'll wait for my 60 dollar investment or a solution from on of you fine people who have also been f*cked by Rockstar.