2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Forcing offline mode for modding purposes

Benie

I want my copy (got it from Green Man Gaming) of GTA V for PC to work in offline mode only. Aka, no logging into the Rockstar Social Club, and definitely no forced updater. Got several mods that I have edited the .rpf files.

Looked around, and there claims to be a way by doing a file called 'commandline.txt' and putting in '-scOfflineOnly'. Yet when I launch, the updater still attempts to validate and "fix" its files, undoing the mods.

I don't want my only option, unplugging my cable modem everytime I want to play the game. I fear it's going to eventually tear it up.

ClareXoBearrx3R9

If un-plugging your modem is solving the issue, you can have the same effect by creating a rule in your firewall. Start > Administrative Tools > Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, create a new rule, locate the applicable .exe, and block it in both public, private, and (if applicable) domain environments.

Nonetheless, sadly it is stated in the system requirements that a connection is required. Even if the "no internet" "fix" works, it's likely to be temporary since you'll be prompted at some point to verify activation. :/

I have already activated, so why would I need to have to do it again?

In my Inbound Rules, there are four GTAV.exe's listed already. Two are listed as Private profiles, and the other two are listed as Public.

EDIT: Didn't work. Still logging me into the Rockstar Social crap, and trying to replace my modded files. I tried to remove the other GTAV entries from the list, added one to block GTAV.exe. Also tried to block all three .exe files... it's not.

Need more suggestions please.

Edited by Benie

Crimson Flam3s

I had the same dilemma and simply used a crack on the game. Got tired of Rockstar's bullsh*t verification for sp and online requirements with the crappy social club.

Install the game again to keep a separate vanilla copy for online and use a crack on your mod only version. Note the isn't a crack for the latest update yet, but if you are fine using the previous version then you can use reloaded's v5 crack.

ClareXoBearrx3R9

I have already activated, so why would I need to have to do it again?

In my Inbound Rules, there are four GTAV.exe's listed already. Two are listed as Private profiles, and the other two are listed as Public.

EDIT: Didn't work. Still logging me into the Rockstar Social crap, and trying to replace my modded files. I tried to remove the other GTAV entries from the list, added one to block GTAV.exe. Also tried to block all three .exe files... it's not.

Need more suggestions please.

You'll need to create outbound rules as well.

As for activating again, that's just part of the game. Redundant, yes- but it tries to activate almost every time you start the game.

So your choices are either create outbound rules that block those EXE's or get a crack like the person above said. I personally don't use cracks or any third party files but to each their own. :)

• Like 1

Ok! Blocking output did it! It's no longer trying to log in, and I can select Offline Mode. No problems launching the game.

Thanks so much, ClareXoBearrx3!

Edited by Benie
  • Like 1

ClareXoBearrx3R9

Awesome, glad I was able to help and you got it working! :D

MarshallRawR

Does Reloaded v5 exe work on dvd version? Or steam? Or both?

No help with using cracks in here.

Though you guys should use a "mods" folder, it isn't complicated

Use the mods folder, there are instructions telling you how to set it up on the OpenIV website. I was having the same problem as you until I started using the mods folder.

This constant online-forcing to play is annoying ..

Edited by Spadge007

A Poopsicles!Got the same trouble now.The Firewall blocking thingy with inbound AND outbound rules worked perfectly fine for a few days.However since yesterday the Launcher is screaming now for an Activation again.Can it be that the Game has some sort of Inbuild Counter which monitors how often the Game was launched in Offline Mode?

I mean it can`t be te only solution to buy a Game for 60 Bucks,sit there for hours and suffer under the long running Installation / Update Process only to use a cracked Iso afterwards...i mean seriously?

Guess i will have to figure out how to mae it work with the mods folder thing....sigh!

This constant online-forcing to play is annoying ..

Indeed, but it's also not surprising. Rockstar wants to be like EA so badly. :devil:

just use mods for solo play all u want internet or not whats the problem? just dont go online with any mods and u will be fine.

just use mods for solo play all u want internet or not whats the problem? just dont go online with any mods and u will be fine.

You don't seem to see the problem. Let me lay out for you. If you have mods that the author tells you to use OpenIV to edit the .rpf files to install them, the updater will attempt to replace them with its default files. The only way to prevent this is play offline.

Understand now? I'm not trying to play GTA Online with mods. It's against the rules, and I'm well aware of this. It's only if you have modded .rpf files, that you have to specifically play offline. If you use any .asi and/or mods that require ScriptHookDotNet, you don't have to worry about it.

Edited by Benie

ClareXoBearrx3R9

You could just disable the rules temporarily, let it activate, and enable again before/as it tries to download original files.

It's a bit tedious but that's what I would do.

You don't seem to see the problem. Let me lay out for you. If you have mods that the author tells you to use OpenIV to edit the .rpf files to install them, the updater will attempt to replace them with its default files. The only way to prevent this is play offline.

Not the only way, here is another: http://gtaforums.com/topic/798272-how-to-use-openiv-mods-folder-and-keep-your-original-gta-v-files-safe/ Edited by GooD-NTS