3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

No chrome rims in single player?

RayB_ThrowaStack

RayB_ThrowaStack

Why not? Certain rims just look better in chrome and Im tired of most of then being grey ish.

And your actually suprised the portion of the game that lets you buy safehouses, smoke cigerettes, buy all sorts of clothes, gets new missions (and never ending ones at that) gets the shiny new stuff?

As far as I'm concerned there doesn't need to be chrome paint job at all.. but to each their own.

Did you try looking up mods, I'd be surprised if there aren't some that unlock most multiplayer only stuff for use in singleplayer, though for some reason modding seems to be developping much slower this time.

RayB_ThrowaStack

I mean chrome rims not the whole car chrome. Chrome is ok for a secondary color but I like my rims chrome not a dull grey color or the sane color as my car

RayB_ThrowaStack

Gt chrome. But a lot of the muscle wheels and suv wheels are just blah but in chrome it really sets them off

Gnocchi Flip Flops

No chrome wheels at all. I was changing up my Windsor and going for an elegant look. Put Cognoscenti (IV) style rims on it and instantly searched for the chrome finish option. Nowhere to be found. How completely and utterly retarded.

sjaak327, thanks for making this tool. I did have two small questions/requests. And sry if they were already mentioned, I wasn't able to read all the pages

-I've been using the custom rgb option a lot and was wondering if it was possible, we could paste the rgb values (with control+v) directly into the trainer? I tried and it didn't work, it's just a minor which can help when testing different colour combos.

-Regarding the wheels, maybe I just overlooked this but are the chrome versions of the rims included in the trainer somewhere? I see the option to change rim category and type but how to make it the 'chrome' version, of say the sports rims?

Chrome wheels come after the main set of wheels, if you press num pad 4 to go back, you will see chrome wheels, each wheel set has about 20 normal wheels and 20 chrome wheels, so they all have around 40 wheels each.

Above is quoted from [V|REL] Simple Trainer for GTAV by sjaak327 mod and development thread

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

RayB_ThrowaStack

I would really like the ability to have any rim style in chrome and not just certain ones. Also, some cars come with larger diameter wheels on the back and smaller on the front. Would be a great feature if you could change the rim and tire size on ALL vehicles, and actually lower them, more than a stupid inch or raise them higher.

• Like 1

killahmatic

Why not? Certain rims just look better in chrome and Im tired of most of then being grey ish.

Not really sure. I wondered where chrome was from day 1. I always thought it was odd. All those colors and not one of the most commonly used things in real life. At the same time you can paint the entire car ugly chrome, yet the one part of the car that it would look good on, the wheels, can't be..

Edited by killahmatic
  • Like 2

RayB_ThrowaStack

There is no logic in it, just like no ability to change rim and tire size. Would be nice to see more variety online with different rim sizes and ride height. Lowrider trucks would be cool along with a tricked out Emperor lifted on big chrome wheels. Some more variety would be welcome.

Shadowfennekin

Chrome rims really shouldn't have been left out from SP at all. They had NOTHING to do with Heists

• Like 2

Vendetta ™

I wonder what made the decide to make Chrome rims an online exclusive item.

As ShadowIavitar said, they aren't related to Heists and can easily transition to SP without changing the entire game.

I don't mean to sound like a "Kesh Kerd Conspirator" but I feel it's just incentive to play GTAO.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I tried to put chrome wheels on my car via save editor but all it did was make them black, meaning the textures not available or something?

RayB_ThrowaStack

Overpriced online anyways, 60,000 and more but you can get gt chrome under stock high end wheels for $12,000 and change the background color.

Overpriced online anyways, 60,000 and more but you can get gt chrome under stock high end wheels for $12,000 and change the background color.

Wow i'd hate to see the amount of time a player not using shark cards to try to get it.