Horizon series | Zero Dawn, Forbidden West

ClaudeSpeed1911

Sure, but Thief and pretty much every stealth based game in my library would disagree. The AI and detection system is what bothers me.

Edited by Lazerface

Most of my experiences with stealth have been good, although there is times when whatever I am whistling to will look, but then go on ignoring me.

I guess some obstacle or landscape is in it's way, it's annoying but has only happened around 2 or 3 times and I mostly stealth, on machines I know I can get away with it on.

Edited by Laker23

This game is f*cking awesome. Only played >4 hours and already got addicted. Had I owned a PS4 it'd be my most played game.

But, owell. PS4s are just as expensive as High End PCs here, if not more expensive (you can buy tens maybe even hundreds of PC games with the price of a SINGLE PS4 game, what the actual f*ckery?!).

The stealth system is alright once you understand its mechanics. Some aspects of stealth-play can be rather dependent on gear & skill unlocks. It's not necessarily best approached in the same "sneaky sneak" way as actual stealth games.

image.jpg

Buddy of mine took this screenshot. Our Discord server quickly pointed out that the smoke cloud looked like Conan O'Brien

UReEUFW.jpg

Edited by Matrelith

Leftist Bastard

is that screenshot seriously in game? good gracious lord this game is pretty.

I really need to pick this up but there are so many things I need to catch up on.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still on Frozen Wilds?

I've done Cauldrom Epsilon but it still syas that Fireclaws, Frostclaws and Scorchers are locked.

Man I'm dying for this game. My father's friend got this game, tried it out a bit. Addiction returned immediately. Bethesda, this is how your Elder Scrolls series should be like. What a f*cking masterpiece. Had PS4s weren't this abnormally expensive, I would've bought one JUST for this game.

This isn't an RPG, not even close to one.

Neither is Skyrim, if you're gonna compare it to other "true" RPGs like Morrowind. And never said that Horizon is an RPG either, I simply said that Beth should at least borrow some stuff from this game. Like the Hunting and Combat mechanics, for a start.

• 1 year later...

Almost two years since the last post, wow...

Anyway, let me bump with some good news. Amongst a week full of delays, sources close to Sony claim that Horizon: Zero Dawn may be coming to PC this year. No surprise that people are trying to spin this the other way saying stuff like "oH nOw No OnE wIlL nEeD tO bUy a PlAyStAtIoN" and "RiP eXcLuSiVeS" when in fact, with Sony doing this, everybody wins.

Also, can I mention how fecking amazing this game is? I haven't even finished it yet, and it's already becoming one of my favourite games.

• Like 2

Wow - oddest of coincidences.  I never finished this game so I downloaded it again and started from the beginning yesterday.

I'd forgotten how much I loved it and I'm only a couple of hours in.  I've got a lot of fun ahead :)

It doesn't do much that's new for the RPG genre but it's a really, really fun game, one of my favourites of the gen/decade for sure. The DLC is also worth a purchase especially as it's pretty cheap now if you get it on sale, or buy the complete edition. It has some cool fights and the DLC's map is incredible to look at and fight in.

I imagine PC players are going to have a lot of fun with it especially the modding community, lot of potential there.

• 1 month later...

I didn't get around to playing much of Horizon: Zero Dawn. So i'm pretty damn excited! So much gooood sh*t coming out this summer.

ten-a-penny

DOOM Eternal will be released 10 days later. That overrated sh*te that is Last of Us II is coming this year. Cyberpunk 2077 is released at the end of this year. Now, this.

If this isn't the best gaming year ever I don't know what it is.

Today March 11th 2020, mark the day of Elizabet Sobeck Birthday, thats pretty f*cking cool

• Like 2

ten-a-penny
8 hours ago, Corndawg93 said:

Today March 11th 2020, mark the day of Elizabet Sobeck Birthday, thats pretty f*cking cool

I'm insulted by the fact that I forgot about it. I know that Sobeck was born in March 2020 but I forgot which day.

And Aloy would be born the next month, 4th of April 30xx (not sure the year exactly, 3031?).

DarksunDaFirst
On 3/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, ten-a-penny said:

DOOM Eternal will be released 10 days later. That overrated sh*te that is Last of Us II is coming this year. Cyberpunk 2077 is released at the end of this year. Now, this.

5 more days.  I can hardly wait.  Doom (2016) was a f*cking masterpiece that harkened back to it’s roots.  Add in the little extra story they put into it and it truly set the new watermark for what Doom should be.

The only downside was their multiplayer, which had it’s good points and it’s bad points.  It was a game though where I had alpha and beta tested it, but didn’t buy it because I was involved with other games at the time.  When I finally did get it, I was disappointed....in myself for not getting it on release.  

Not missing it this time.  

• Like 1

ten-a-penny
1 hour ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

5 more days.  I can hardly wait.  Doom (2016) was a f*cking masterpiece that harkened back to it’s roots.  Add in the little extra story they put into it and it truly set the new watermark for what Doom should be.

The only downside was their multiplayer, which had it’s good points and it’s bad points.  It was a game though where I had alpha and beta tested it, but didn’t buy it because I was involved with other games at the time.  When I finally did get it, I was disappointed....in myself for not getting it on release.  

Not missing it this time.  

I'm counting the days by the minute. And chances are, I could be doing the same with this game. My All-Time favorite game; beating DooM 2016, beating GTA:SA(!!!), beating Ace Combat 5 (a game that I didn't stop parroting about sometime ago here on the forums), beating everything. DooM Eternal is the only game capable of knocking it "off the Throne".... only for it to become the right hand / "Vice President" of the Favorite Games kingdom. Can't wait for both the release of DooM Eternal and Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC. Imagine the mods!!!

Candy_Licker
On 3/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, ten-a-penny said:

And that in a year when the world is in complete lockdown. Sweet.

I hope Taleworlds finally gets their sh*t together and release M&B 2 in full

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Goddamn!

• Like 3

They need to give HZD a date for PC already.

• Like 1

LittleJesus

The only game that I have seen that really looks next gen.

• Like 3

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.