2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Manual Transmission (Continued)

zebrajr

@Drewgamer Never though of that. I think the mod is quite possible, but will be REALLY. REALLY time consuming to make. Since GTA has no graphics / textures for gambling things, it would require to either: a) Use Lua/C#/C++ to draw every single game aspect or b) import textures into OpenIV, add them to the game, and find a place where you can actually project the textures. Both of which besides requiring a lot of time (we are talking about 100 hours, at least), both would look kinda bad. Just imagine having Graphics like Menus / Bars on Bottom Left, all over the screen or some weird textures in some point just to make it worse (which the latest would make everyone who wants the mod having to use OpenIV, edit files, and getting obsolete once a new update comes).

Have in mind, I find that idea great, It's one of those features I really miss from GTA:SA, but at the current state of the game, it's just "impossible" (read: really impractical and would look like a text based game) idea :( Which is just sad :(

Thank you, much appreciated :) I've just got home, so gonna grab a snack and start working on v1.3 :)

I think we totally agree on that point :p For example, I've used and loved the mod "Real Life Offenses" which I found really nice (police giving you a warning for excess speed, then a ticket, and if you refuse both getting the cops on you) but I had to stop using it because the mod would pop even if there was no cops around, and later because it was added that you would also get the warning by driving on the wrong side of the road, which basically means, you have to drive below speed limit, on your side of the road, ALL the time, which just broke the fun for me. Think those options are really great, let's say, Mafia 2 (Vanilla-implemented) but it makes GTA V just not fun.

Exacly :p Making GTA V while keeping it fun, not too much Mafia 2, not too much SR:IV :)

Ps.: I Fav SR: The Third better, but thats my 2 cents :p

Edit: Top of my head I could only think of a GF-mod, have to make a happy, give her presents, but at the same time I can't think of any worth reward (Giving cars? pff. Giving Weapons? pff. Giving Health? pff., etc)

I thought as well of a mod for buying houses, being able to go into the insides, etc, etc, but that is already being made + it will just drop your shizloads of money once.

Also though of business mods. Ex.: Invest money on a business, optional missions for it, but once again, the more you invest, the more it will return, making even a huger problem.

Bribing the cops. Pay shizloads of money for cops to leave you alone for X hours in game. Once again, the point of using that mod, would to do Heists, get inside Fort Zancudo, etc, which once again, would generate even more money. (I like the idea of the mod actually, but that is for another subject :p)

Personally I would like a mod to "waste" money without seeming to be wasted mainly because I've mods for Heists, Trucking Missions, etc, etc, and perfecting my gameplay to do those made me have (On Franklin alone) over 130 millions. Even buying cars with the Premium Stand Mod, upgrading to max on LSCustoms, making some stuns, getting from point A to B, destroying the car by accident, rise and repeat, I barely spent 1 Million :(

Edit 2: My gosh I wrote a wall of text...

Edited by zebrajr

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a very large selection of things that will eat up a large amount of your money, but at the same time will give you something beneficial in return.
I've been trying to think of things in my spare time (which hasn't been much due to back-to-back work shifts) but so far I've come up empty handed.

What about...starting your own gang/army/crew/ect? There is some potential there to put in money with zero return.

The idea would be that you have followers that require a salary. You can recruit as many as you want and you have to pay to outfit them (give them guns, armor, cars, ect). They will hang out at some headquarters/house (which you also have to buy) and perhaps there could be several locations that you can purchase (which would require regular "maintenance" and rent fees).

With all that said, perhaps you may want to just focus on getting Manual Transmission perfected first before beginning to tackle another mod. I mean, it is your time and your mods, but generally spreading yourself too thin tends end badly :p

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a very large selection of things that will eat up a large amount of your money, but at the same time will give you something beneficial in return.

I've been trying to think of things in my spare time (which hasn't been much due to back-to-back work shifts) but so far I've come up empty handed.

What about...starting your own gang/army/crew/ect? There is some potential there to put in money with zero return.

The idea would be that you have followers that require a salary. You can recruit as many as you want and you have to pay to outfit them (give them guns, armor, cars, ect). They will hang out at some headquarters/house (which you also have to buy) and perhaps there could be several locations that you can purchase (which would require regular "maintenance" and rent fees).

With all that said, perhaps you may want to just focus on getting Manual Transmission perfected first before beginning to tackle another mod. I mean, it is your time and your mods, but generally spreading yourself too thin tends end badly :p

That idea is PERFECT!

I will work my ass off to make Manual Transmission come to a final release and then start taking that mod on :D

I really loved that idea :D

On the Mod topic. Well It's slowly reaching it's final release. Already have Manual and Sequential, both with and without clutch, no more instant slow down on gear down, bugs, errors, etc.

As far as I gathered from the community, feedback, etc, right now the points missing on the mod are:

- Match animations / sounds with gear changes, which I think I found some script calls that might be used to archive that, will have to test them this weekend

- Gamepad / Xbox Controller Support (I've played a bit with it, but for some reason, when I press "W" on keyboard it recognizes as Gear Up From the Controller). Once again, will focus on this on the weekend

- Ability to accelerate while pressing Clutch, mainly to REV the engine. Got this feedback today only.

- Making the engine loose acceleration if you gear up too soon

Be ready for in a few days - weeks start testing the "GTA V Gang Simulator" :D

Ps.: Will still have to find a better name for the mod xDD

Edited by zebrajr

Awesome :D

I generally tend to be more strait forward with my thinking and less so creative, so coming up with ideas isn't always my best strength :p

I do, however, love coding and problem solving (which you get plenty of when coding) so if you want a bit of extra grey matter and a second pair of hands to help with that aspect feel free to PM me with your notes and what you want accomplished.

Otherwise I shall patiently be awaiting the future versions of this mod as well as any others you may work on ;)

I see you :p I'm like that as well. For so long I though "which mod should I make" and got 0 ideas, then when I saw a mod pop up "why didn't I thought of that?". I'm way more logical then creative :p

I would love to :)

I'm currently looking for someone to help me debug / test the XBox Controller support for Manual Transmission, so if you got one laying around I would love to add you on Skype / WhatsApp / whatever so we could talk more easily. If you want to check the code and try to figure ways to accomplish what the mod is missing I would love the contribution as well :)

But sure, we should pair up in making your idea for the mod come true :)

I would love a pair of hands, a mod of that immensity will require a lot of work :)
I would love to make more mods, but sadly I'm afraid, if no one give me the idea, my creativity won't give me the idea to start :( So if you have an idea for a mod or see someone asking for a mod that isn't made yet, tell me and we should hit the sea at high speed to make that mod happen :)

v1.3 waiting for Admin Approval :)

Changelog:
- Realistic Slow Down when Shifting Down if the gear engaged doesn't support the current velocity
- Engine will stall if you are stopped and try to go with another gear other then 1st (Small Detail, car will tilt a bit forward just like reality)
- Bug Fixes

hi Zebrajr, really happy youve managed to resurrect the mod, however been waiting for gamepad support before i'm able to use it. ive read your latest update changelog and it seems you've managed to add support for sequential transmission? but i'm not sure if its working or not what are the buttons for the shift up and down on gamepad? cant seem to get it working (though it may not be there cause ive read your changelog wrong lol)

cheers

Edited by redpill859

ok just read this post on GTA 5 mods.com...........

"I'm so happy to announce, that I'm currently making v1.3, which already contains current downshifting (no more instant brake, motor will slow down as reality) and XBox controller support :D
Currently, Left Stick Up -> Gear up, Left Stick Down -> Gear Down :)
Please tell me if you would prefer having the gears in another keys + which key you guys would like for Clutch :)"

............sorted :) will await version 1.3 great work BTW

@redpill859 sadly I've had to roll back the game pad support do to it making issues with players on the keyboard. There is a comment on the gta5-mods telling which 2 lines should be added for gamepad support but have in mind that will make the keyboard buggy.

Will release today the gamepad support without making the keyboard break.

Thank you :)

I see you :p I'm like that as well. For so long I though "which mod should I make" and got 0 ideas, then when I saw a mod pop up "why didn't I thought of that?". I'm way more logical then creative :p

I would love to :)

I'm currently looking for someone to help me debug / test the XBox Controller support for Manual Transmission, so if you got one laying around I would love to add you on Skype / WhatsApp / whatever so we could talk more easily. If you want to check the code and try to figure ways to accomplish what the mod is missing I would love the contribution as well :)

But sure, we should pair up in making your idea for the mod come true :)

I would love a pair of hands, a mod of that immensity will require a lot of work :)

I would love to make more mods, but sadly I'm afraid, if no one give me the idea, my creativity won't give me the idea to start :( So if you have an idea for a mod or see someone asking for a mod that isn't made yet, tell me and we should hit the sea at high speed to make that mod happen :)

Sadly I do not own a controller (unless you count my flight stick :p).

You had mentioned a possible way to control the actual gear shifting of the in-game vehicle, perhaps I could help with that?

Yes. I'm working right now. PM me with your Skype / WhatsApp or something and I will give you the details over there :)

• 1 month later...

One thing I would love for controller support would be an analog (realistic) clutch (I would say left trigger) and shifting patterns on the right analog (I'm from the states so the shifter is to my right in my case). This would be done simply by binding the analog as:

1st: Left > Up

2nd: Left > Down

3rd: Up

4th: Down

5th: Right > Up

6th: Right > Down

Reverse: Click + Right > Down

If necessary, 7th could be Click + Right > Up OR something like: IF gear=6 THEN [analog right > up]=7 ELSE gear=6

I would prefer the first method as gears 6 and 7 could be chosen independently.

• 3 weeks later...