2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

zebrajr

Manual Transmission (Continued)

zebrajr

Hello Everyone :D

::Index::

Current Version: 1.3
1a) WTF is "Manual Transmission (Continued)" a.k.a. Why, where, what?
1b) Manual Transmission (Continued) Main Features / Details
1c) Future Features / To Do List
2a) Requirements
2b) Installation
2c) Files Included
3a) Changelog
4a) Credits / Copyright

::::: Content :::::
1a) WTF is "Manual Transmission (Continued)"
So... I was drifting in GTA V and though "If I could just lock on 2-3rd gear it would make it a lot easier and a lot more realistic." Then I've searched for a Manual Transmission mod and found this:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/manual-transmission

Sadly, the Mod was discontinued (as said in the description), last update on 5th May 2015, and it was Gear Based instead of Sequential (I'm playing on a Keyboard/Mouse or GamePad. No 5-6 Gears Wheel Controller) .
Therefore I wanted to make a mod to suit my needs (First Mod I ever made, ever, even though I know my programming shiz). Since I've already enjoyed (and I'm currently enjoying) great mods from the community, I thought it would be only fair enough for me to share it as well.

#####

1b) Manual Transmission (Continued) Main Features / Details
- Sequential Drive OR Manual Drive (Both With and Without Clutch)
4 Versions to choose from: Manual No Clutch, Manual With Clutch, Sequential No Clutch, Sequential With Clutch

- 6 Gears (Currently on all cars, mind you, if you're in a truck, maximum gear will be 6, if you are in a car with a Top Speed Mod, it will be 6 as well)

- Gears Adjusted for Vanilla Game
(Even though I play with a TopSpeed Mod, I don't want my car to get to 200 in the 3rd Gear)

- 1-5 Gear Locked, 6th Gear -> Full Speed
What these means is, either you are playing Vanilla or with a Top Speed Mod, your care will lock the maximum speed between the 1st and the 5th gear. 6th Gear will let you drive to the maximum speed of the car, so if you have a Top Speed Mod, your care will reach 400km/h + as well.

- Current Gear Engaged Indicator

- Activated Automatic Mode
Press the Hotkey (Default: Z) and go Automatic Mode (a.k.a. disable Mod). Press again to activate

#####

1c) Future Features / To Do List
- Add different number of Gears for Trucks, Cars and Bikes
Ex.: Trucks with 12 Gears, Sports Cars with 6, Super with 7, etc, etc.

- Important timing for shifting
Ex.: If you shift up to early it will slow the car acceleration

- Dynamic Gear Range for every vehicle
Ex.: If a car would reach 70km on First Gear (Red Line) then it will be the Max Speed for the first gear, etc.
Once this is done, animations / sound will match when you Shift Up or Down

- Ability to hold Clutch to Rev the engine
Mainly for Drifts, Slides, etc.Plus More realistic

- Gamepad / Xbox Controller Support

- Reverse Gear

- Your Suggestion?

- Bugs Known
-- Changing cars will keep the gear of the previous car in the new car
-- Animations / Sound not matching the gear change (Read Above)

#####

2a) Requirements
Script Hook V
http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

LUA Plugin for GTA V
http://gtaforums.com/topic/789139-vrelhook-lua-plugin-for-script-hook-v/

#####

2b) Installation
Just copy your desired Setup to your GTA V/scripts/addins
(Use "READ ME" for info on each version)

#####

2c) Files Included
- ManualTransmission.lua
- READ ME.txt

#####

3a) Changelog

1.3)
- Realistic Slow Down when Shifting Down if the gear engaged doesn't support the current velocity
- Engine will stall if you are stopped and try to go with another gear other then 1st (Small Detail, car will tilt a bit forward just like reality)
- Bug Fixes

1.2)
- Added Two New Versions (Manual With Clutch, Manual Without Clutch)
- Current Gear Indicator on Top Left of the Screen
- Hotkey to Activate the Mod or go full Automatic (like Vanilla)
- Control support (Currently only Sequential, NO Clutch - Read Features)

1.1)
- Added a Clutch version. On these one, you have to press Clutch (Default X) while pressing the Shift change
- Downshifting should now decrease the Maximum speed of the vehicle to correspond to the current gear maximum

1.0) Release
- Edited the Mod (as it was discontinued and source code is available) from
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/manual-transmission to:
- Sequential Gear Instead of 5 Keys, one for each gear
- Removed "Reverse" gear
- 6 Gear Instead of 4
- Changed default Keys from original Mod
- Rewrote the code for better performance

#####

4a) Credits / Copyright
Credits
- Original Code from https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/manual-transmission by https://www.gta5-mods.com/users/nazhul

Copyright
You may use and edit the mod at your free will.
If you, however, want to edit and re-release it, include it on one of your Mods / ModPack or in any other way re-upload it I just ask to give me a shout out and link it back to me / this mod.

Thank You for reading and using this mod,
Your suggestions, feedback and bug report is greatly appreciated.
I will considerate any suggestions to the mod and I will do my best to keep it updated and meet your needs.

Sincerely,
Nihu

Download:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/manual-transmission-continued

Edited by zebrajr

Drewgamer

:O

You sir, are a legend (yes I realize you're continuing someone else's mod but still...)

I was supposed to be going to bed, but I have to try this right now :D

EDIT: Well I WAS going to try it, but the mod is still pending approval, RIP :'(
Tomorrow then.

Edited by Drewgamer

LeonEma

interesting...

but when shift gear down should let decrease also speed (engine brake) like in real... ;)

zebrajr

You sir, are a legend (yes I realize you're continuing someone else's mod but still...)

EDIT: Well I WAS going to try it, but the mod is still pending approval, RIP :'(

Tomorrow then.

It was 4am here, I've added the post while I was waiting for the Mod Approval :p

Sorry for the inconvenience, Mod is up and running now :p

Thank you :)

interesting...

but when shift gear down should let decrease also speed (engine brake) like in real... ;)

Adding it on the next version, should update the mod today still, check when 1.1 is released :)

LeonEma

just tried the version 1.1

and yes, now when down shift there is also engine brake :)

but however have to click several times for shift up and/or shift down...

very annoying :/

Drewgamer

Tomorrow then.

It was 4am here, I've added the post while I was waiting for the Mod Approval :p

Sorry for the inconvenience, Mod is up and running now :p

Thank you :)

Haha, no problems! I always like to check the forums before I go to bed and happened to see this. I will definitely be trying it out today.

Is it better to post here or on the GTA 5 mods page with bugs/issues/suggestions?

zebrajr

Uhm, weird. I had to implement a small "timer" because else once you pressed a shift change it will go all the way up to 6 or all the way down to 1. It might be that my timer is longer then your actions, therefore only allowing 1 gear change every few ticks. Please check the Mod, and you will see a few lines that say something like "GearClutch < 66" (working ATM, so do not have acess to my code). 66 "Ticks" should be about 1 second before it allows any other gear change. Try to set the value to around 20, and that lag/delay on pressing should go away.

Tell me if that helped, so I can better change the timer for future releases :)

Ps.: Do not try with 0 or delete the lines, else once you press Gear Up / Gear Down it will change from 1 to 6 and from 6 to 1, accordingly.

Haha, no problems! I always like to check the forums before I go to bed and happened to see this. I will definitely be trying it out today.

Is it better to post here or on the GTA 5 mods page with bugs/issues/suggestions?

Either way it's fine :) I check both here and the GTA 5 Mods page every few hours :) As long as I deserve that LikyLiky button, I'm fine with it :p

alteredbeast

Thanks for continuing that mod. Can you add the reverse gear again please ?

zebrajr

Thanks for continuing that mod. Can you add the reverse gear again please ?

My pleasure. Sure thing, will add it on v1.2 (next version).

Should be up tomorrow or Thursday morning, depending on how fast I can get it done + approval.

LeonEma

Uhm, weird. I had to implement a small "timer" because else once you pressed a shift change it will go all the way up to 6 or all the way down to 1. It might be that my timer is longer then your actions, therefore only allowing 1 gear change every few ticks. Please check the Mod, and you will see a few lines that say something like "GearClutch < 66" (working ATM, so do not have acess to my code). 66 "Ticks" should be about 1 second before it allows any other gear change. Try to set the value to around 20, and that lag/delay on pressing should go away.

Ps.: Do not try with 0 or delete the lines, else once you press Gear Up / Gear Down it will change from 1 to 6 and from 6 to 1, accordingly.

tried, but, if change that number then got stuck at 1 gear :(

tried also to set all next 66 values to the "GearClutch < x" one but nothing also...

zebrajr

tried also to set all next 66 values to the "GearClutch < x" one but nothing also...

I will edit the file today to reflect those changes and PM with a script with the changes, so you can test it.

Will decrease the timer to half a second for future releases, but you can test it before to see if that solves the issue for you :)

LeonEma

I will edit the file today to reflect those changes and PM with a script with the changes, so you can test it.

Will decrease the timer to half a second for future releases, but you can test it before to see if that solves the issue for you :)

ok :) thank you very much

have to say that i modified the handling also

don't know if this could matter in some way...

could PM you the handling lines tht i used to use

zebrajr

No problem :)

No, doubt the handling changes would break the mod. Plus if it worked on the original version, just broke after the changes, then I'm certain the handling isn't breaking it.

Will get home in about ~2 hours, so, 23:00 GMT+1 you should already have my PM :)

Edited by zebrajr

LeonEma

No problem :)

No, doubt the handling changes would break the mod. Plus if it worked on the original version, just broke after the changes, then I'm certain the handling isn't breaking it.

Will get home in about ~2 hours, so, 23:00 GMT+1 you should already have my PM :)

thank you very much :)

Drewgamer

You also need to make sure you set EVERY "66" value to "33" (or whatever value you preferred)

There is one near the top of the file, as well as 10 near the bottom.

@zebrajr, Everything seems to work as advertised (well within the limits of the commands you have at your disposal). Nice work on porting this mod to work with the current version of the game.

Just a few "issues" I noticed while playing.

1) I noticed that you aren't actually changing gears, but rather just limiting speed. (can't be helped until someone figures out how to call/set gear number unfortunately).

2) RPMs can't be maxed out in each gear, some gears will reach 6k or 7k, while others will be stuck at 5k. (related to number 1 unfortunately)

3) Shifting to a gear higher than the one you're "supposed" to be at causes the car to enter "automatic" mode. It starts to shift like it does in the stock game. (ALSO related to number 1).
Now, whether or not there is any work around for these I couldn't say; I haven't had enough time with GTA V scripting.
I will say though, that with "issue" #3, perhaps you could turn that into an option for an "automatic mode"? Code wise I'd say when the player presses a certain key the script changes strait to gear 6 (auto mode activated). If they press the key again the script changes to whatever gear is appropriate for the speed they are currently driving. Of course it's your script so you do whatever pleases yourself :p (an "automatic mode" might not even be a requested feature for all I know xD).

LeonEma

You also need to make sure you set EVERY "66" value to "33" (or whatever value you preferred)

@zebrajr, Everything seems to work as advertised (well within the limits of the commands you have at your disposal). Nice work on porting this mod to work with the current version of the game.

1) I noticed that you aren't actually changing gears, but rather just limiting speed. (can't be helped until someone figures out how to call/set gear number unfortunately).

2) RPMs can't be maxed out in each gear, some gears will reach 6k or 7k, while others will be stuck at 5k. (related to number 1 unfortunately)

3) Shifting to a gear higher than the one you're "supposed" to be at causes the car to enter "automatic" mode. It starts to shift like it does in the stock game. (ALSO related to number 1).
Now, whether or not there is any work around for these I couldn't say; I haven't had enough time with GTA V scripting.
I will say though, that with "issue" #3, perhaps you could turn that into an option for an "automatic mode"? Code wise I'd say when the player presses a certain key the script changes strait to gear 6 (auto mode activated). If they press the key again the script changes to whatever gear is appropriate for the speed they are currently driving. Of course it's your script so you do whatever pleases yourself :p (an "automatic mode" might not even be a requested feature for all I know xD).

yes, tried to change them all before, but actually only with the value 18...

then tried only first value with 23 - 33 -43 - 53 - 63 but stuck on first...

now tried all 21 and at works :D but still little bit slow for my acceleration :D

anyway,

@Drewgamer, for get the automatic mode is enough that you leave with in 6th gear

when i'm lazy i do so :D and everything is like usual, like if no mod :D

zebrajr

1,2,3 you are right on those. Some I will try to fix, making the top speed values for each gear to be dynamic and not static. That should fix all 3 issues, but unless that works, we will have to wait / find a way to use the NativeDB to interact with the gears directly, which sadly, isn't one at the time of writing.

I will add a Automatic feature :) Will set just as Automatic, because since I will be adding a "if you shift too soon you loose acceleration" instead of engine stall, it will be required to be Automatic and not a forced 6th Gear. But think with a few modifications, those bugs and your request will be fullfilled :) Thank you for your feedback :) Stay tuned :)

now tried all 21 and at works :D but still little bit slow for my acceleration :D

anyway,

@Drewgamer, for get the automatic mode is enough that you leave with in 6th gear

Nice to know you found a work around :p

I will try to decrease the timer even lower without making that bug pop up (1 -> 6th on 1 press).

I suppose I don't need to PM you anymore? (except for nudes, I mean :p)

LeonEma

I will say though, that with "issue" #3, perhaps you could turn that into an option for an "automatic mode"? Code wise I'd say when the player presses a certain key the script changes strait to gear 6 (auto mode activated). If they press the key again the script changes to whatever gear is appropriate for the speed they are currently driving. Of course it's your script so you do whatever pleases yourself (an "automatic mode" might not even be a requested feature for all I know xD).

1,2,3 you are right on those. Some I will try to fix, making the top speed values for each gear to be dynamic and not static. That should fix all 3 issues, but unless that works, we will have to wait / find a way to use the NativeDB to interact with the gears directly, which sadly, isn't one at the time of writing.

I will add a Automatic feature :) Will set just as Automatic, because since I will be adding a "if you shift too soon you loose acceleration" instead of engine stall, it will be required to be Automatic and not a forced 6th Gear. But think with a few modifications, those bugs and your request will be fullfilled :) Thank you for your feedback :) Stay tuned :)

Tell me if that helped, so I can better change the timer for future releases

I will say though, that with "issue" #3, perhaps you could turn that into an option for an "automatic mode"? Code wise I'd say when the player presses a certain key the script changes strait to gear 6 (auto mode activated). If they press the key again the script changes to whatever gear is appropriate for the speed they are currently driving. Of course it's your script so you do whatever pleases yourself (an "automatic mode" might not even be a requested feature for all I know xD).

anyway,

Nice to know you found a work around :p

I will try to decrease the timer even lower without making that bug pop up (1 -> 6th on 1 press).

I suppose I don't need to PM you anymore? (except for nudes, I mean :p)

yes, for now seems to be ok... :D

also if could be more fast would be awesome ;)

and you are right, don't need a PM for now :D

zebrajr

Nice to know :)

Yeah, will do those changes in the next version :)

Uploading new version tonight, but might take me a few hours + approval, so tomorrow for certain :)

First Mod ever and I'm already talking about sending Nudes. /sarcasm Good thing that things in internet don't stay forever /end_sarcasm :p

LeonEma

Nice to know :)

Yeah, will do those changes in the next version :)

Uploading new version tonight, but might take me a few hours + approval, so tomorrow for certain :)

First Mod ever and I'm already talking about sending Nudes. /sarcasm Good thing that things in internet don't stay forever /end_sarcasm :p

zebrajr

Version 1.2 Waiting for approval :)
Stay tunned :)

Changelog:

1.2)
- Added Two New Versions (Manual With Clutch, Manual Without Clutch)
- Current Gear Indicator on Top Left of the Screen
- Hotkey to Activate the Mod or go full Automatic (like Vanilla)
- Control support (Currently only Sequential, NO Clutch - Read Features)

zebrajr

@LeonEma Not on the Changelog, but changed how long it will take to read a new Gear Change. Set it to 20 down from 66. Should feel quite responsive without making it break :) Tell me if you like it like that :)

LeonEma

@LeonEma Not on the Changelog, but changed how long it will take to read a new Gear Change. Set it to 20 down from 66. Should feel quite responsive without making it break :) Tell me if you like it like that :)

setted yesterday late evening to 20 and yes it's more responsive but sometimes would like more fast but better than nothing :D

is useful the Current Gear Indicator on Top Left of the Screen

and the Hotkey to Activate the Mod or go full Automatic

thanks!! :)

Luiisjoseda

Thank you, I really wanted somebody to continue this for me! Great work man :)

zebrajr

@LeonEma you welcome :) I will try to set it even lower without breaking. Will keep you guys updated :)

@Luiisjoseda reading that from you just made my day :D hope I'm making it a good sucessor :)

PS: need to think of a mod to bring the online houses to single player with interiors and everything, and one to make the extra money go away whole at the same time bringing something useful to make people feel like that they aren't just "reducing money" :p suggestions are appreciated :)

Drewgamer

Sir, there is a slight problem in your code for "ManualTransmissions.lua" (not sure about the other versions contained in the mod, I've only tried this one).

-- Shift Up (Gamepad)key.dup = 2-- Shift Down (Gamepadkey.ddown = 3

"key" should be "Keys", the current version is throwing an error (at least with the LUA_SDK.asi).

zebrajr

Sir, there is a slight problem in your code for "ManualTransmissions.lua" (not sure about the other versions contained in the mod, I've only tried this one).

"key" should be "Keys", the current version is throwing an error (at least with the LUA_SDK.asi).

Thank you for noticing. Typo, was quite late and I've might have missed that, plus I don't have a gamepad to test, so Thank you once again :)

Just posted on GTA5-mods a pinned comment to let everyone know of the issue and a fix, while v1.3 isn't ready :)

Ps.: Other versions don't have the error because I did not yet implement the gamepad support for the other versions.

Don't know which keys are being used on the gamepads so don't know to which key I can actually assign the clutch on a gamepad. Need someone to clear me on that one :p

Edited by zebrajr

Drewgamer

Thank you for noticing. Typo, was quite late and I've might have missed that, plus I don't have a gamepad to test, so Thank you once again :)

Just posted on GTA5-mods a pinned comment to let everyone know of the issue and a fix, while v1.3 isn't ready :)

Ps.: Other versions don't have the error because I did not yet implement the gamepad support for the other versions.

Don't know which keys are being used on the gamepads so don't know to which key I can actually assign the clutch on a gamepad. Need someone to clear me on that one :p

Not a problem! Let me know if you want help testing anything else specific (I do have some limited coding knowledge), otherwise I will continue to report any bugs as I come across them :p

zebrajr

@Drewgamer Reporting bugs, giving feedback and suggestions is of what I most require :p

For example, I want to have an idea of a mod that would be used as "make extra money go away" but at the same time, making it feel like it actually have an impact and a reason to use it, not just "please reduce my SP total money". For Example I though in adding a GF system, where she would require presents and stuff, (really expensive presents) but I can't see anything that this "GF" could give you that would actually make it feel like a mod and not a "reduce my money pl0x".

Ps.: If you have suggestions for mods that would make the game more realistic, or with more content, that aren't currently available please do tell, that's the main point of this mod. Making the game more realistic / with more futures and not being something non-realistic (like the Unstoppable Force, Shoot Vehicles out of weapons, etc).

Ps2.: Not that I disaprove those mods, but I want my GTA V to have more content, being more realistic while at the same time being fun, not like "lolololololol I'm shooting clowns out of my StunGun while I'm flying my tank".

Drewgamer

@Drewgamer Reporting bugs, giving feedback and suggestions is of what I most require :p

For example, I want to have an idea of a mod that would be used as "make extra money go away" but at the same time, making it feel like it actually have an impact and a reason to use it, not just "please reduce my SP total money". For Example I though in adding a GF system, where she would require presents and stuff, (really expensive presents) but I can't see anything that this "GF" could give you that would actually make it feel like a mod and not a "reduce my money pl0x".

Ps.: If you have suggestions for mods that would make the game more realistic, or with more content, that aren't currently available please do tell, that's the main point of this mod. Making the game more realistic / with more futures and not being something non-realistic (like the Unstoppable Force, Shoot Vehicles out of weapons, etc).

Ps2.: Not that I disaprove those mods, but I want my GTA V to have more content, being more realistic while at the same time being fun, not like "lolololololol I'm shooting clowns out of my StunGun while I'm flying my tank".

The only thing I can really think of off hand would be gambling of some sort. That tends to be quite a money sink :p

Not sure how feasible something like that would be though. I'll try and think of some more ideas while I'm at work.

I totally agree with you on the whole "realistic" thing, to a certain extent of course :p I mean, I don't think I would want GTA to be realistic to the point of tedium. Imagine if crashes were realistic; after 1 or 2 low-speed impacts and your car probably wouldn't be very drive-able. Any high speed impact and best case you're looking for a new vehicle, worst case you're dead on impact :p

But I definitely don't want Saints Row IV in (my) GTA V (though I do like my Saints Row IV in Saints Row IV :p)