3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands

luisniko

All this talk of graphical downgrades and no one mentions gta v.

I was actually surprised when people said "downgrade" on Ubisoft game, they actually meant "graphical downgrade".

I thought they were talking about gameplay aspect, which is also apparently always my number 1 concern and also one aspect Ubisoft tend to bullcrap on.

Mokrie Dela

I had this discussion before about gta 360/PS3 compared to top-end crysis on PC, and how it pales by comparison when I say gta v was good looking

I call it 'dynamic graphic quality' and 'static graphic quality'

I'll elabourate:

There are some games that are stunning. Usually level based shooters with a breathtaking backdrop. This backdrop is nothing other than an image. It's pretty but just stands there

Gta doesn't look as good but I say it's better because it's an entire exploitable open world. That mountain in the distance looks great static but you can drive up it. Dust clouds from tires, birds Sunrays etc. It's not a static image; it's a dynamic world

If Wildlands feels like that, then I can take a little downgrade. It's still competing with other good looking games though, but if te world is immersive and alive, fine

If its empty and shallow... No

Make sense?

Edited by Mokrie Dela

feckyerlife

luisniko

How many months this Division 2.0 is going to last?

Place a bet now.

Raavi

Some new gameplay. Looking pretty good.

Osho

Here's your first look at the map for Ghost Recon Wildlands. Also, Ghost Recon: The Ghosts of Bolivia -- We explore the setting for Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ubisoft's largest ever open-world game.

Looks like a bigger and better version of Far Cry 2 mixed with Ghost Recon playstyle.

LiangHuBBB

game looks pretty decent, will buy it on day one though because I actually liked the division

luisniko

I hope this game...

... (Edit) can be fun for both serious and crapping around.

Lol.

Edited by luisniko

Mister Pinkerton

I hope this game

Very insightful, me too. :p

Yeah, game looks exciting. The map/world looks beautiful. That goes a long way with me as looking at a beautiful vista in a game with me doesn't get tired quickly. It's like going on a virtual holiday for me. The only thing keeping me rather skeptical is the fact that it's an Ubisoft game. I do hope they make the effort to develop their gameplay a bit better and diversify their collectibles in to something more meaningful.

Also there's this thing with Ubisoft games that always bugs the sh*t out of me. Their hints at objects or objectives, they use this glistening shine thing that just wrecks my head. I'm not sure if it's in this game or not but there has to be a better way or at least an option to turn it off.

Map is looking pretty diverse with greenlands, forrestlands, snow, desert etc.

I'm actually pretty excited for this but I'll try reserve my hype.

EDIT: I can see they're using the same flickering light. Why can't they use like a green light or a red light or something to that effect to indicate it's an interactive object? Something that looks real rather than a flickering colour. :(

Edited by Mister Pink

Audi

Really looking forward to this game. Might have to delete something to make it fit my ps4 though :/

Norther Deer

So I pre-ordered it. I'm keeping my hopes strictly in the neutral zone, so I don't get my hopes up and I'm not disappointed

Audi

Good strategy with Ubisoft games lol

luisniko

Signed up for beta some time around last week.

Switch

I actually enjoy the division now, this looks better though. Does not seem like you have to shoot guys 500 times to kill them, like a mmorpg lol.

Edited by Switch__

FullMetal

I try not to hype but when I cave in and see some footage of this game I kind of get pretty excited. But still, I keep in my mind it's Ubisoft and that most of their games end up being totally different what they actually promised and/or huge downgrades.

Apart from that: this does look to be what I expected and what they 'tried' to do with The Division. And it looks great actually. I hope it can be a lot of fun.

luisniko

I actually enjoy the division now, this looks better though. Does not seem like you have to shoot guys 500 times to kill them, like a mmorpg lol.

If I'm not wrong, this game uses level system too. So either it's going to be Division or be GTA Online's Terminator AI.

Switch

If I'm not wrong, this game uses level system too. So either it's going to be Division or be GTA Online's Terminator AI.

I'm fine with a level system and other rpg elements, i just don't want it to be a game where you have to shoot enemies many times before they die.

ShadowPerson

The Division still alive? I should try it again.

luisniko

Solo gameplay preview

Oldsport

The Division still alive? I should try it again.

Thats exactly why i stopped playing the division, if you were playing solo you would get your sh*t wrecked. I had the best weapons but the enemy would flank you and sh*t and the guns still did didly squat. I started playing again recently, it seems like they fixed it cause it take less shots to kill enemies. But wildands look good, i read its gonna be wayyyyy different from the division

luisniko

From the presentation, they said Wildlands won't feature bulletsponge. You won't find guns and throw it away once it becomes underleveled too. And the harder difficulty setting will make give one hit kill.

So I think it sounds great. But since it's Ubi, I still won't be hyped. Pretty sure there'll be downgrade - and I mean gameplay downgrade, not graphic wise. I won't give a sh*t if the final product has less bushes and lower shadow density.

Osho

It looks good but I rely on the opinions by veterans who can actually scrutinize every moment of the gameplay, and evokes mixed reactions so far.

I'm really looking forward for the reactions after playing the beta version which will help to reflect upon the gameplay to understand how the experience feels like.

Setzaroth

If this truly is a seamless massive open world like they show in the trailer I'll be picking it up for sure. World looks absolutely beautiful, gameplay looks great as well. I'm a sucker for these kind of wide open nature heavy settings for open world games, infinitely more interesting than city based open world games to me.

Please don't cock it up, Ubisoft.

I'm getting heavy Division vibes from this, mixed with the repetitive nature of contact missions from GTAV

Edited by Setzaroth

.Bach

Nah, this games looks incredibly generic. Another open world game with no soul made by Ubisoft.

Edited by BACHBreaker

Mr. Scratch

Have you ever played a Ghost Recon game before?

luisniko

I'm just hoping this game doesn't need to be connected to internet to play.

luisniko