Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands

AiraCobra

Helicopter Update is Live
Patch Notes

GAMEPLAY

- Added a new default helicopter controls, that can be deactivated in order to revert to the previous controls:

• Now the triggers control the vertical speed (LT = Vertical descending speed, RT = Vertical ascending speed)
  • The left stick controls the horizontal speed (Up/Down = Forward/Backward, Left/Right = Left/Right)
  • Left/Right on the right stick controls the rotation speed of the chopper
  • Up/Down on the right stick controls the rotation speed of the camera (doesn’t impact the helicon pitch; this gives a feeling of the player controlling the camera, and the helicopter follows the camera)

- Every helicopter now has a different behavior

• Small helicopters are very fast, very mobile, and have a high pitch
  • Gunships are fast, mobile, and have a very military feeling to them
  • Blackhawks are slower and more steady when handling

- Helicopters take off physics are now more realistic. Once the helicopter reaches the correct RPM, it will take off automatically

- The helicopters no longer slide while taking off

- Helicopter engine torque reacts to the player’s actions (The player will be able to hear and see the engine rotors accelerating or slowing down)

- Improved destruction of helicopters on impact

*Disclaimer: The new Helicopter control scheme is not yet optimized for the Steam Controller. This may cause moving the helicopter left and right with the trackpad to be very slow.*

HUD

- While using a gatling chopper, the HUD now displays a crosshair while aiming

- While using a rocket chopper, the HUD now locks onto targets

- While using a small chopper with rockets, instead of locking, the player shoots rocket salvos

- Added a HUD display that shows the current helicopter speed and altitude

MISSIONS/NARRATION

- In "La Gringa" : -Fixed a bug where the objective marker could disappear

- In "El Chido’s Agent" : -Fixed a bug preventing missions completion if the agent gets alerted

USER INTERFACE

- Fixed a bug where the “Down” symbol wouldn’t always appear

AUDIO

- Player will hear helicopter engines speeding up and slowing down upon accelerating/decelerating

WORLD

- Fixed some zones where player could not climb

FALLEN GHOSTS

- Fixed a bug where some rebel skills wouldn’t be displayed on the HUD

- Fixed a bug where some elements in the TacMap and the Los Extranjeros tab would be stretched on the ultra-wide aspect ratio displays

PC

- Fixed a bug causing the Tier 1 “Activation” button to not be clickable when using a mouse

- Fixed a bug causing some menu elements to be stretched when using an ultra-wide resolution (2560x1080, 3440x1440) in the Fallen Ghost DLC

- Fixed an issue that cause scrolling through a list while having a tile selected and moving the cursor away would reset the list to the selected tile

Does the helicopter not feel as bulky as it did before?

Has anybody played much with Co-Op?

I've been bored and though what the hell i'll join some games and play with some people and stop being anti-social but golly i always get teamed up with the stupidest players either that or they're all trolls.

The type of people i've ran into so far...

-Rambo

- Scaredity Cats

- EarlyShooters (when trying to do stealth)

- Loud Shooters (while trying to do a stealth/quiet approach)

- Won't even attempt to help you with revival shots but expect you to revive them every single time even when your in the heat of battle

I could keep going but then i'd be here all night i've equated these morons with those in GTA:O so i've retreated back into my hidey hole to play alone with my A.I Team at least they haven't left me for dead

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

HaRdSTyLe_83

the helicopter movement is worse imo the way it moves from left to righ is so fast it got nothing to do with the smooth fly showned it that trailer, it now fits more of the "narco road" type of thing made to please the kids

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

El Dildo

to be honest I had no problems with controlling the helicopter to begin with... I can fly just fine.

took a little practice but I've got it.

the real problem with helicopters isn't their controls.

it's the Unidad helicopter patrols.

there's way too many Unidad helicopters.

there's no patrol patterns or regular guarded areas. there's just CLEARLY a helicopter that is SPAWNED by the game to fly DIRECTLY OVER the top of the player basically every 10-15 minutes or more. completely random. but directly focused on the player. it comes out of nowhere. it's not a reinforcement. it's just breaks all sense of immersion. you have no choice but to hide and go prone somewhere and basically count off 120 seconds or more of wasted time while waiting for it to leave. sometimes they circle back around and make 2 or 3 passes. it's absurd. it's not a fun gameplay feature. it's not an interesting challenge. it's just really f/cking lame and illogical.

either put the helicopters in distinct patrol patterns in specific areas that make sense or stop with this crap. it's enough. you can't walk around for 10 minutes without a Unidad flyover. it's insanity. this is really my only problem with the entire game.

AiraCobra

Same never had any issue actually controlling the helicopters i got used to the clunkiness, I was hoping they would impove on that but it keeps they just tweaked the sensitivity up to 1000% to please those who suck.

to be honest I had no problems with controlling the helicopter to begin with... I can fly just fine.

the real problem with helicopters isn't their controls.

it's the Unidad helicopter patrols.

there's way too many Unidad helicopters.

there's no patrol patterns or regular guarded areas. there's just CLEARLY a helicopter that is SPAWNED by the game to fly DIRECTLY OVER the top of the player basically every 10-15 minutes or more. completely random. but directly focused on the player. it comes out of nowhere. it's not a reinforcement. it's just breaks all sense of immersion. you have no choice but to hide and go prone somewhere and basically count off 120 seconds or more of wasted time while waiting for it to leave. sometimes they circle back around and make 2 or 3 passes. it's absurd. it's not a fun gameplay feature. it's not an interesting challenge. it's just really f/cking lame and illogical.

either put the helicopters in distinct patrol patterns in specific areas that make sense or stop with this crap. it's enough. you can't walk around for 10 minutes without a Unidad flyover. it's insanity. this is really my only problem with the entire game.

Kind of reminds me of the Police in GTA V where you could be as far out into the ocean as the game would let you go and you blow up a boat and all the sudden they're there or when you find a hiding spot that would be impossible for a police car to get too yet they find you or spawn the car right behind you

luisniko

the helicopter movement is worse imo the way it moves from left to righ is so fast it got nothing to do with the smooth fly showned it that trailer, it now fits more of the "narco road" type of thing made to please the kids

Apparently they received a lot of complaint for the lack of target marker and the ability to strafe and spin. A lot of players in the forums ask them to just copy GTA helicopter control. So there you go.

I tried flying a regular one last night and it felt like... RC helicopter I think? Either way, they listened and also give option to switch between 2 control modes instead of dictating you with one. So I guess that's wise move.

Having an option never goes wrong. Except for some proud e-peen measuring contestants over Ubi forums who like to limit their own game and request the developer to apply their playstyle restrictions to everyone.

Not only that, apparently the (classic) control have always been improved from time to time and became more responsive. And I must say although the control isn't great, the classic control is still very simple to use.

----

The biggest point of the update is that they add target and lock-on (i read) for weaponed helicopters.

You can change to classic control in the options if you don't like the new control.

I've been bored and though what the hell i'll join some games and play with some people and stop being anti-social but golly i always get teamed up with the stupidest players either that or they're all trolls.

-Rambo

- Scaredity Cats

- Won't even attempt to help you with revival shots but expect you to revive them every single time even when your in the heat of battle

Remember back in Open Beta I said public matchmaking is not a viable option to play because of the dumbasses?

Apparently it's still like that until now and that's why I'm still playing single player. And single player in this game, unexpectedly, is very fun and do-able anyway. So yeah.

The fact that this game is playable offline and everything is doable in Single Player makes one of the reasons why I really like this game.

I despise games that force feed the players who are trying to play to other people for giggles.

Edited by luisniko

AiraCobra

-Rambo

- Scaredity Cats

Remember back in Open Beta I said public matchmaking is not a viable option to play because of the dumbasses?

Apparently it's still like that until now and that's why I'm still playing single player. And single player in this game, unexpectedly, is very fun and do-able anyway. So yeah.

The fact that this game is playable offline and everything is doable in Single Player makes one of the reasons why I really like this game.

I despise games that force feed the players who are trying to play to other people for giggles.

I know that was back during the Beta i was hoping that with the game being out this long now that these people would've learned the game enough by now to be able to play

luisniko

I know that was back during the Beta i was hoping that with the game being out this long now that these people would've learned the game enough by now to be able to play

Mmm, how to say.

From co-op shooter games I've played so far, like Borderlands (your last point about revive applies to this), GTAO, and this game. I get the impression that they aren't exactly "not understanding on how to play". They are more like either trying to prove how awesome they are or seeing teammates as cannon fodders or sabotaging you for their own laughs. No wonder these kind of players still exist.

AiraCobra

Yeah i know it's my own fault for giving people the benefit of a doubt in hopes of finding a playmate to play with to help break up the monotony of playing by yerself.

Maybe i'll teach my 7yr old how to play at least she won't leave her daddy behind.....Oh will she? with my luck as soon as she learns to play she'll surpass me in every way possible and leave me in the dust

luisniko

Maybe i'll teach my 7yr old how to play at least she won't leave her daddy behind.....Oh will she? with my luck as soon as she learns to play she'll surpass me in every way possible and leave me in the dust

Why would she?

I don't know, but I think you can teach her some morals that she can apply in her life through video game.

And if she happened to like video games as her hobby, I think she would appreciate the fact that her father likes it too and able to play together in the future. I mean, you know, I'm the only one who likes video games in both of my core and bigger family.. And others would openly antagonize video games while they don't exactly do anything better in their leisure times.

Azazel

The new helicopter controls/physics are certainly anything but realistic, but they actually succeeded in making helicopters viable for the first time. Now you can actually properly utilize the weaponized ones as well. :^:

Oh, and Villa Verde is real pretty:

az_wildlands_06.png

az_wildlands_07.png

az_wildlands_08.png

HaRdSTyLe_83

I HAVE SOME BAD NEWS :)

Got it to lvl 30 damage, this thing is a beast

sEd1rrz.jpg

GMqCyJM.jpg

Shame we cant paint it, ingame it looks more greenish :/

i still dig the M4 with the khaki/black paint

LYCPAqV.jpg

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

El Dildo

guess I'll just toot my own horn for a moment.

I don't know why everyone was so bad at flying the helicopter. I must've spent less than 10 minutes practicing the mechanics and I always felt like the helicopter was a perfectly "viable" way to get around. I'm capable of landing on and inserting my team into some extremely difficult terrain with a touch of patience. I've scored numerous kills with the miniguns and destroyed a few vehicles with rockets. the ability to 'aim' could've used improvement but I had no problems getting around.

was it really that difficult?

and I'm playing on keyboard / mouse. never bothered with a controller for Wildlands.

Azazel

I don't know why everyone was so bad at flying the helicopter. I must've spent less than 10 minutes practicing the mechanics and I always felt like the helicopter was a perfectly "viable" way to get around. I'm capable of landing on and inserting my team into some extremely difficult terrain with a touch of patience. I've scored numerous kills with the miniguns and destroyed a few vehicles with rockets. the ability to 'aim' could've used improvement but I had no problems getting around.

and I'm playing on keyboard / mouse. never bothered with a controller for Wildlands.

It's not that I found them difficult as such, just unsatisfactory. Poor feedback, and very imprecise when wanting to hover at a certain height close to the ground, a slight dab of the "decelerate" key dropping the chopper 20 feet instantly, instead of gradually. In GTA V we get full control of the helicopters rotation and pitch, but in Wildlands it was sort of an in-between thing, the user's input fighting against algorithms wanting to do things differently, resulting in a bumpy ride, and less smooth maneuvering. The new system isn't prefect, but it certainly feels more fun.

I often see people complain about the airplanes more often than the helicopters, but I actually love flying the planes, and always opted for these over helicopters when possible. They're really maneuverable, and it feels nice when you stick a landing in a tight spot.

HaRdSTyLe_83

no one spoke about being difficult, its the other way around, its so easy... but i can live with that, what bugs me is what Azazel already said, once you get close to the ground the helicopter moves from one way to another so fast it seems it doesnt weight anything.

El Dildo

fair enough.

I agree the controls were not that great out of the box and some of the physics are questionable, but I've also seen worse handling and worse physics in games that relied on air travel a lot more than this.

just seems like the whole helicopter-based update is kind of unnecessary versus some of the other more serious issues they could be addressing. for instance? improve my AI teammates.

1) let me choose their loadout.
it's kind of annoying when I'm decked out in specific camouflage and gear that is adapted to the environment or adapted to the mission but I turn around and see my teammates still wearing all-black and standing out like a sore thumb. I want to be the scout sniper sometimes and loadout my teammates like they're the support fire team but I can't choose their weapons or outfit.

2) make them USEFUL.
your squad is useless unless you give them very specific commands. they can be great if you're willing to micromanage their movements, but they're utterly worthless if you're not baby-sitting them. they don't have your back. they allow enemies to just walk around or sneak up behind you. they can barely be arsed to return fire in an open firefight unless you GIVE THEM the order to FIRE. you can literally watch them stand there - doing nothing with their dicks in their hands - while bullets fly around and you get shot at but they fail to even react.

they need more common sense than this.

it's like they don't even understand self preservation.

luisniko

Yea, hopefully we will get Airplane Update and Teammate Update in the future.

I mean, seriously, that update focused completely on the helicopters was really unexpected.

AI team customization is also one of the most highly requested feature since beta. So it might be coming later.

-------------------

By the way, I tried using helicopters last night and goddamn the target literally allowed me to free aim and missiles have auto lock on. That's fun and useful.

On the other side, I reached Tier 35 two days ago and Tier 35 forced me to use Expert. I'm going to compile my actions in each Tier from now on and upload it to my YT because I thought it would be funny to watch how I play and adapt to Tier One's Expert difficulty where everybody is a combo of Neo and Terminator.

Engaged regular Unidad became bullet sponge even to my SVD Dragunov. Called Rebel Gunmen to distract their attention fixed the problem.

AiraCobra

Why would she?

I don't know, but I think you can teach her some morals that she can apply in her life through video game.

And if she happened to like video games as her hobby, I think she would appreciate the fact that her father likes it too and able to play together in the future. I mean, you know, I'm the only one who likes video games in both of my core and bigger family.. And others would openly antagonize video games while they don't exactly do anything better in their leisure times.

I was only joking, We play games togeather often and she's quite good and beats me quite often

einjzmolf

Fired this game up again for the first time in atleast a month

Oh my god I wish they cared more about it

It's so damn good

Quietly infiltrating a little base to steal a kingslayer file with no UI and crap

oh man so good if you let yourself get immersed

if only they had done real microtransactions and not clown shoes

ubi pls i want to throw money at my screen that will make me play this game more

CaptianBackwoods

I do enjoy just exploring since I've finished the story, this game is absolutely beautiful.

n594Io.jpg

n59nMC.jpg

n5912S.jpg

luisniko

They've done a real good job in optimizing the game's graphic. High end spec PC can benefit extra details and heavy feature like Ansel. But the game also still looks great on Medium end specs and consoles.

This is the only (open world) game I have on PS4 that has the farthest draw distance and fastest rendering so far. Although, I do notice that several detailed objects like rocky cliff and small objects in a base may only be fully rendered when you're closer to it.

Still though this game never made my gen-1 PS4 going on airplane jet mode despite of the outstanding quality processed. The only moment that ever happened is when you're using Character Customisation and Gun Smith menu where there are a lot of glitter particles flying around. Other than that, it's all clear. The difference is jarring when compared to Mafia 3, for example. Mafia 3 would often turn my PS4 into jet engine any time during the game while it doesn't exactly have anything comparable in graphical wise such as the density, draw distance, texture sharpness, anti aliasing, and detail rendering distance like grasses, farmland over Sinclair Parish (which the size itself isn't even larger than those in Barvechos and Itacua). I'm not looking for Mafia 3 bashing party here; just stating what I've experienced after spending a good amount of time in that game.

This is such an underrated game for the graphical aspect alone. Not perfect, but definitely deserve more attention. I guess that's the stigma for being an Ubisoft game.

AiraCobra

Did anybody else get invite to the Closed Ghost Wars beta?

It's for PC only they sent it via email

I might be able to extend the invite by forwarding the email to you & you just click the link in the email.

If you wanna try send me a PM with your email

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

El Dildo

This is such an underrated game for the graphical aspect alone. Not perfect, but definitely deserve more attention. I guess that's the stigma for being an Ubisoft game.

I concur :^:

Ng9pUY8.jpg

T1sk962.jpg

Z50FrYn.jpg

u1sbx4j.jpg

csLWsfk.jpg

kcuUojQ.jpg

FK45WCi.jpg

T3dJN7L.jpg

Bw8VvxT.jpg

5RvjJ7O.jpg

Edited by El Diablo

luisniko

Did anybody else get invite to the Closed Ghost Wars beta?

It's for PC only they sent it via email

I might be able to extend the invite by forwarding the email to you & you just click the link in the email.

If you wanna try send me a PM with your email

Go go go play it.

luisniko

Btw this is my death count as shown in GRNetwork statistic.

HiYMHJS.png?1

Real GG

AiraCobra

eeb7f7008e07b09828a3c2c25c8428c3.png

26GB Download

The offer still stands for anybody with PC version if they want me to forward the e-mail for you to try and get into the Closed Beta, There is no special code or anything all i had to do was click the link in the e-mail and sign into UPlay.

If you want to try and see if you can get into the Beta send me a PM with your e-mail and i will forward it to you

This link might also work - https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-us/beta/index.aspx

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

luisniko

26GB Download

Holy...

Does this Beta come as some sort of separate game?

AiraCobra

26GB Download

Holy...

26GB Download

Holy...

26GB Download

Holy...

Yeah it was a completely separate download/game

luisniko

Yeah it was a completely separate download/game

No wonder it's not on console. Especially on PS4. lel.

Sony would be pissing in their pants for security check.

AiraCobra

Contains spoilers don't peak if you don't wanna know some details about Ghost Wars

I really suck at PvP so i didn't play alot i just played enough to get acquainted with the game so i could answer questions ya'll might have

They are treating it kind of like Rainbow Six Seige they have 7 difference classes each with their own guns but they all pretty much have the same skills

• Safety First
  • Athletic Sprinter
  • Quick Hands
  • Sever Wounded

In the Beta you're not able to upgrade your weapons or anything so i can't comment on any upgrades.

My favorite thur far is the Artillery class, You have an artillery drone which you can send up and fly over to your enemy to call in an artillery strike.

Here is a preview although it got shot down before i could pull the trigger but you get the idea

Sorry for the slowness

w8QMpj.gif

Kl2v0qE.jpgdkYJbZR.jpgi8URXgv.jpg1Awbmgt.jpgp76bx1t.jpgstUKV0q.jpgXVWDKwP.jpg

Did anybody try the link i posted to try and get into the closed beta? If so did it work?

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

CaptianBackwoods

My main question: Are the maps big enough to actually allow sniping gameplay?