3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

NumaYay

Niko in place of Johnny?

NumaYay

My other thread was deleted for no reason, don't know why, didn't want to offend anyone. This is just a "what if" thread or a speculation thread. Since there are many threads like this I think it's ok. :)

In V Johnny was killed by Trevor. R* tried to create shock value with that. Personally I didn't care about Johnny, other people here do, though, and I'm fine with that since everybody has his own opinion. But some other people were just like "oh, ok, whatever".

In my opinion it would have been a gigantic shocker if a meth-addicted, rundown Niko Bellic was in Johnny's place since he was the main protagonist in GTA IV. That would have been a massive surprise and I'd f*cking hate Trevor for that, but it's emotions like that which R* wanted to cause at the players. Of course it would be very controverse, but such an action would be a milestone.

What do you think? Was the scene with Johnny a shocker?

What do you think about Niko being in Johnny's place? Would that work? What if that was the case?

PulpFiction I know you must hate me for this, please take it easy. ;) I just think thats an interesting subject.

Edited by NumaYay

Mintal

"So, you full of crap, or what?"

Edited by Mintal

lolznc

*sigh*. There is a reason beyond 'shock factor' that Trevor killed Johnny.....that little thing that we call 'story'. T hated the Lost, and that is a crucial point for most of his early missions.

Thelema93

f*ck No.

I wouldn't want to be you when pulp sees this thread.

Edited by Thelema93

SuperGTFan

*sigh*. There is a reason beyond 'shock factor' that Trevor killed Johnny.....that little thing that we call 'story'. T hated the Lost, and that is a crucial point for most of his early missions.

TLAD didn't make alot of money as TBOGT did, so Rockstar decided to get rid of them.

lolznc

It makes more sense for Johnny and The Lost (S.A Chapter) to appear in Blaine County then Niko.........

SuperGTFan

At least they lived and died like a true lost and damned members, especially Klebitz.

TheOneLibertonian

ARGGGHHHH! Not this sh*t again. I'll say it again, If Niko ever met Trevor, Trevor would be the one that will get stomped five times in the face, not Niko. ;)

Edit: Seriously, I think that Niko getting killed in the hands of Trevor would cause a huge outrage and it would be a big f*ck you to GTA IV. I think even non IV or Niko fans would be extremely angry if this would actually happen.

Edited by The_Ghost

Mintal

^

This. I assume that Niko would kick the hell out of Trevor.

Edited by Mintal

SuperGTFan

The-Ghost Rampage at it again.

Listening to DW8 "Strength Weakness" while reading The-Ghost's Anti-Trevor posts is freaking awesome as sh*t! 😂

Predator

Capture002316.jpg

SuperGTFan

Very funny, do you think you're so smart?

PhillBellic

NumaYay, you better run before Pulp sees this thread. ;)

Having said that, Niko would be very, very unlikely to get addicted to Drugs in the first place. He's already seen the consequences for him self.

Additionally, Trevor has won fights because of his use of intimidation, and I know for sure that Niko would not cave in, or give an inch.

Furthermore, Niko has extensive knowledge of Krav Maga.

junkpile

Of course it would be shocking. I'm glad they didn't do it. Niko turning up like Darko.

happygrowls

Uhh, no. Because it wouldn't make sense. Seeing as Niko is still in LC and will probably stay there. So no.

TheOneLibertonian

@NumaYay: Just get ready for Pulp together with his ban hammer. ;)

PhillBellic

Hopefully he has started running by now. ;)

SuperGTFan

Hopefully he has started running by now. ;)He striked The Ghost honest review thread!

NumaYay

Why should I?

Banning people/locking threads because you don't like their idea(s) would be a very weak move.

TheOneLibertonian

Hopefully he has started running by now. ;)
He striked The Ghost honest review thread!

I requested him to lock it.

PhillBellic

Why should I?

Banning people/locking threads because you don't like their idea(s) would be a very weak move.

We are just joking, mate. :)

TheOneLibertonian

Why should I?

CarlitoDorito

Depends on the circumstances, if it's Niko from IV then no, a different for some reason niko, flashbacks of the war made him go insane or something then maybe. Not doing the same thing as Johnny though, that would be weird.

It may cause a slight disturbance on the rockstar newswire too.

Edited by CarlitoDorito

PressXtoJump

"The only thing I owe you is a bullet to the temple; you will be paid in full, fear not."

Niko in gta4 reminds me of a Jason Statham movie, which is why I can't see that happening to Niko.

American Venom

Honestly if Niko was brought back and killed I wouldn't have an issue if it made sense. When I think about it despite how I feel about Johnny's death there are other factors how he got hooked on meth and whatnot so it makes some sense to why that was his fate.

But if we took Niko as we know him in GTA IV and literally put him in Johnny's place it would have no purpose than to obviously annoy hardcore Niko/GTA IV fans.

There's no explanation for Niko to randomly appear in Sandy Shores 5 years after he supposedly settled down. Even having him hooked on meth seems a bit odd as nothing alluded to him being into to drugs of any kind.

So I guess if Niko took Johnny's place I would begin to question the writing department's integrity more than I do now.

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

Niko would be a perfect heist member.

B Dawg

Honestly if Niko was brought back and killed I wouldn't have an issue if it made sense. When I think about it despite how I feel about Johnny's death there are other factors how he got hooked on meth and whatnot so it makes some sense to why that was his fate.

You don't turn an MC President and his whole gang into a bunch of pussies to someone like Trevor. Trevor is a nobody, and so are his friends that can't even hold a gun. Why the f*ck would The Lost have the balls to rip off the Italian Mob, go against The Angels Of Death (to make them extinct all over the US, wouldn't Johnny feel very proud and confident in the future rather than all sad and broken after such an achievement?) only to act like pussies to one man? Nobody would come looking for Trevor or seeking revenge if he died.

What they did to Johnny and The Lost makes no sense from any perspective.

Edited by B Dawg

GamesBoy316

We all know Niko would kill Trevor. Trevor's just an idiot.

PhillBellic

You don't turn an MC President and his whole gang into a bunch of pussies to someone like Trevor. Trevor is a nobody, and so are his friends that can't even hold a gun. Why the f*ck would The Lost have the balls to rip off the Italian Mob, go against The Angels Of Death (to make them extinct all over the US, wouldn't Johnny feel very proud and confident in the future rather than all sad and broken after such an achievement?) only to act like pussies to one man? Nobody would come looking for Trevor or seeking revenge if he died.

What they did to Johnny and The Lost makes no sense from any perspective.

I want to know what went through the heads of those who wrote V's story.

We all know Niko would kill Trevor. Trevor's just an idiot.

Trevor sure is an idiot. Niko's the man. :D

KashKashMania

you know what makes even less sense than Johnny being killed or having Niko in his place?

Trevor somehow deciding to move to San Andreas where Michael decided to move to.

Brad being moved to the prison in San Andreas if he had actually been arrested.

Dave Norton working in San Andreas instead of the much larger office in Liberty City.

Lester moving to Los Santos. Lester can barely walk how the hell did he make cross country?

Why would all these people converge from one state in the midwest to another state on the west coast?

I can see Trevor moving if he moved after Brad being moved but that still begs the question, why would they move Brad out of the Mid West?

Why did, presumably, Dave start writing to Travor with a return address of San Andreas?

How did Dave explain the move to Trevor?

The Lost moving out west makes some sense. Figure they're evading the police because they're still getting into drug deleting and what not and there's so few of them left they can pack everyone up and move to the desert.

Niko, however, doesn't seem like the person who would like the heat or want to move again after moving across the sea and assuming R* went with keeping Roman alive, Niko wouldn't move without his cousin probably. Not to mention, as an immigrant he most likely has a greater attraction to Liberty City, the American Icon.

It makes more sense for The Lost to be in San Andreas and Johnny to be killed by Meth Lord Trevor, than anything else i just mentioned. To this day, it's one of the few things in 5's story that R* did a very decent job of explaining as to why it happened. Johnny got addicted to Meth, the Lost move to SA, Trevor is meth lord, trevor hates the Lost, Trevor has you (online) steal a van so he can bang Johnny's girl in it, Trevor kills Johnny when he (johnny) gets mad and tries to confront him (Trevor) about it.