2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The summer of crates part 1 the aftermath

Quinn_flower

Quinn_flower

so another crate event has come and go. who got successful in capturing all of the shirts? got any crate selfies post them for or all to see. do you have any funny stories or interesting ones during this event share away!

my crate selfie

5KU6vvRQ5EONHCsvGcqCpg_0_0.jpg

I liked how this event got the crate system right no more dupes is the right way to go.

I got all 4 shirts now just waiting for the 4th of july weekend crates.

Edited by Quinn_flower

Cutter De Blanc

I did not play online at all this weekend. I just want the beer hat, is that even a thing anymore?

Im kinda bumbed 'cause i didnt get the 4th shirt. All in all, good weekend, first crate i lagged out, and for the second and third one i acctually had to fight people off.

Giantsgiants

My crate selfies:

7rKce9T.jpg

HekooD9.jpg

3CbmAoc.jpg

I like the new crate system too. Sure it still ends quickly for experienced crate hunters, but it's better than hunting crate after crate only to get the same stuff over and over again.

I didn't really care for the T-shirts, they are too similar to the non-special ones (which is the point, I get it), but during the week-end, I found myself in the position to grab four special crates in public lobbies. It's surprising how people don't understand that the best method to get a special crate is to hop in an armed chopper/jet and go to the middle of the map, waiting for the crate to drop, as I was the only one in four different public lobbies to do so.

• Like 3

Nah, got the fake LC and the fake santo capra one then gave up as I didn't like the looks of them (the other two I'd seen on other players

Furry_Monkey

I got 3 of them and then lost interest. I think Rockstar need to look up the definition of the word 'special'.

Only got the one but only because just as the crate dropped the connection dropped and everyone else was kicked out the lobby leaving me to pick up the crate with ease..

• Like 3

Every server I joined either had no crate to be found (I'm talking an hour plus of waiting) or the 10,5, and 3 hour message was all that appeared. Well f*ck those shirts anyway, I want some new beer hats.

Zoots Remuvah

Plss easy tbh.. I got mine in six attempts.. One I screwed up because I landed right in the middle of Lester's yard and got slaughtered by the mercs.. (really should've done it in passive tbh..) and the other spawned right next to me near the observatory as I landed in a session but I was just too late to get it as someone was already there so really it was more a half attempt.. though I did sniper them a couple of times after to make it less gratifying for them..

Then after that I just went and picked them up for the hell of it, even if I didn't need them..

Best one had to be one I dive down to in my Hydra, forgot I hadn't put the landing gear down and landed without the gear... so when I went to leave the jet, I instead ejected myself and killed myself.. >.<

Still got the crate though..

Then this morning got one in the cememtry and two tards went mental because I bet them to it.. sent mercs and a robber and everything after me... they got one kill and I got four, so they ran away with their tails between their legs after that...

but srsly, you've got issues if you can't get crates..

My simple plan is:

jump sessions till you get a crate drop message

Check the map - if there's very few people in the northern half of the map - stay, if there's people there - jump session again till you get the message

Then just wait at the observatory, in passive, call a chopper (or go there with a chopper if you've got time..)

Get out the chopper to change your symbol..

Wait for crate drop - if it's south of the map, forget, otherwise jump in chopper, go off radar and go get it..

9/10 times no-one really bothers going beyond the vinewood hills, so you've got a great head start and even if there's jets, you can go off radar, hit passive and then land right on the crate before they've had time to parachute down... (and just remember if you're doing it passive to have your armour refresh option open and ready..)

Edited by Doktor Gott

I only helped my friends get them, I didn't want them. Barely any difference from the ones in store.

Shot down quite a lot of hydras and savages though. :^:

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

CrysisAverted

got all 4 shirts, don't care for them. I hope we get something as cool as beer hats this july

Wasn't really trying for them to much, took my time with it but still managed to get all 4.

Plss easy tbh.. I got mine in six attempts.. One I screwed up because I landed right in the middle of Lester's yard and got slaughtered by the mercs.. (really should've done it in passive tbh..) and the other spawned right next to me near the observatory as I landed in a session but I was just too late to get it as someone was already there so really it was more a half attempt.. though I did sniper them a couple of times after to make it less gratifying for them..

Then after that I just went and picked them up for the hell of it, even if I didn't need them..

Best one had to be one I dive down to in my Hydra, forgot I hadn't put the landing gear down and landed without the gear... so when I went to leave the jet, I instead ejected myself and killed myself.. >.<

Still got the crate though..

Then this morning got one in the cememtry and two tards went mental because I bet them to it.. sent mercs and a robber and everything after me... they got one kill and I got four, so they ran away with their tails between their legs after that...

but srsly, you've got issues if you can't get crates..

My simple plan is:

jump sessions till you get a crate drop message

Check the map - if there's very few people in the northern half of the map - stay, if there's people there - jump session again till you get the message

Then just wait at the observatory, in passive, call a chopper (or go there with a chopper if you've got time..)

Get out the chopper to change your symbol..

Wait for crate drop - if it's south of the map, forget, otherwise jump in chopper, go off radar and go get it..

9/10 times no-one really bothers going beyond the vinewood hills, so you've got a great head start and even if there's jets, you can go off radar, hit passive and then land right on the crate before they've had time to parachute down... (and just remember if you're doing it passive to have your armour refresh option open and ready..)

I have issues because I couldn't get crates? How does one get what never spawned into the session? No crate ever dropped for me, I have terrible luck I guess :/

happygrowls

They don't interest me in the slightest, the last crate drops I cared about were the San Andreas Radio ones.

• Like 2

Got all 4.

Here is a story for all 6 I managed to get first too.

#1: Completly alone in trying to get it, EZPZ.

#2: Friend + Karuma + We both have skillz. Noone else stood a chance, Not even the one with a minigun. Karuma OP, Plz Nerf. (Later when when we took it again but for my friend a Buzzard tried to race ous. We still won.)

#3: Really? It bugged in the air and never dropped?

5OcuGUE.jpg

It actually landed on ground later but was still not pickable and so we just shot at it until it stopped beeping and went away.

#4: We are 3 people go for it, It spawns on the Horse/Dirt/Stadium track/Arena. I have Hydra, Player 2 has Hydra, Player 3 Has a bike. #3 got rekt by #2 and decided he had no chance. I swoop in from behind and shoot down #2 Hydra but #2 survives the crash by exiting just in time. #2 then shoots down my plane and I bail and start to parachute against the target, #2 shoots down my parachute and I fall towards ground expecting to die from the impact, Survives with 10% health, Expects to die from him, Turns out I'm in a blind spot, Rushes to the crate, #2 misses 2 shots, I pick up the crate and 3rd shots hits and kills me. Sniper war until I managed to escape on my bike I called there.

#5: Alone in Hydra at the mountains on the west side near the coast. Clear the area, Pick the crate, Leave.

#6: 2 people doing 1vs1 near the area, Too busy to care for crate drop. I race there, Get's there and well....

Modder completly invisible with explosive weapons or some kind of Airstrike nuke button.

I didn't bother. Not fighting over a tacky t shirts that I'll probably never wear again.

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't understand the obsession with clothes in this game.

OCD plus having 4 characters is not a good combo.

Honestly 16/16 on crates that actually spawned in my lobbies though. Just took a minute.

Swooped up that last one about 15 min before the unknown deadline.

I got two this weekend. Yes, I admit, I used Passive Mode... but to be honest, it was kinda satisfying to give a big f*ck you to the players in Lazers and Buzzards who usually dominate the crate drop events.

As all the aircraft were landing/crashing around me, I ran across Vespucci beach, grabbed the crate and swam away to victory without skipping a beat. Thank you and goodnight :D

I'm not really that bothered about fake versions of t-shirts that didn't look great in the first place though. Having knock-offs of designer brands is a nice idea, but not really worth putting in the effort for a few t-shirts i'm never going to wear. I'm way past the 'gotta catch em all' mentality in GTAO now and I enjoy it a lot more than when I was bogged down with a need to have all the things.

On the other hand, lobbies were full of people and activities - I think I earned $75,000 in a single short play session without making too much effort, plus the variety of things to do in Freeroam was a welcome change! Now, if GTAO was like that all the time...

I got 2 of the shirts. I was working over the weekend so didn't have much time to get online. I wonder how it would be if R* did a crate drop event with a crate only vehicle? :lol:

Tails Prower

Well I made my comments in the Crate Drops thread over the weekend but I did manage to get all four

t-shirts on both my PSN profiles for the PS4 but never got any on the PS3.

I didn't manage to grab any selfies as stated most of mine were got under very tricky battle circumstances

(kamikaze Hydra pilots et all).

As I said yesterday I am not sure I will partake in the next one but what I will say is if they do ever offer up

the beer hats again now we know they have changed the delivery system to give you each item and then

stop given Independence Day might have an event weekend where they put the hats in crates again it

may be a better chance to get them for those who missed out esp the rare two.

If I do partake next time I will probably use the passive mode technique, it does seem so much easier!

Edited by tails_prower_2040

I got the Poppins one but wasn't impressed, I want t-shirts that are blatantly show off items not ones that are hardly discernible from standard ones... I spent my time this weekend in invite only lobbies trying to get my platinum awards for Distract Cops (21/25), Take Down Smugglers (18/25) and Destroy Vehicles for Lester/Gerald (16/25). Except for 2 occasions where I got $21,000 & $27,000 I was getting $30,000 for each smuggler plane/chopper! compared to a friend that was getting totally random low amounts(!). I played for a total of roughly 5 hours on Sunday (2 hrs in the morning and 3hrs in the evening) and managed to accumulate $330,000 just from doing lobby events!

Zoots Remuvah

I have issues because I couldn't get crates? How does one get what never spawned into the session? No crate ever dropped for me, I have terrible luck I guess :/

Just got to keep changing session tbh.. They were a bit slow at times.. took me about six hours of half-trying.. had three hours with virtually nothing, then suddenly they were appearing in every session I went into...

got 2 or 3. they're pretty useless considering the designer shirt variants are practically the same.

Here's my story about crate-drops:

I stopped giving a f*ck two "events" ago.

I'd maybe have gone for them if there was actually something SPECIAL about them, and if it weren't so random/glitchy. Seriously, server-hopping is not how I'm gonna spend my weekend.

Shadowfennekin

I got all four just to collect them.

i love the new system. Hopefully the beerhats return in July so I can grab the ones I missed

Ha, in all the times when I have been in a competition to get crates, if I had stopped to take a selfie, I would be Swiss cheese. :p

• Like 2