2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Viceci

VCS 10-Year Anniversary

GTAKid667

Happy Anniversary to Vice City Stories! I can't believe that it has been 10 years already since this game was released which of course also means 10 years since Rockstar was finished with the 3D Era of GTA. I personally think that both of the Stories games are fantastic games, even though they may not generate as much discussion and may not have been played by as many people as the other games. Rockstar have created some great games over time and the Stories games should never be forgotten, I've had some great memories over the years with these games and were the first games I ever bought on a PSP. I'll never stop playing and enjoying them as with all of the GTA Games.

It's a shame that there has not been a mention about the anniversary of Vice City Stories by Rockstar but I think that it was to be expected - their focus seems fixated on GTA Online right now and sure, while a mention would have been nice, I doubt that we're not going to hear anything about VCS, we're just going to have to wait a while. After all, Liberty City Stories got released on iOS months after it's 10th Anniversary and even later on Android and now that we know the Sony Exclusivity is no longer a thing, I can't see why Rocktsar wouldn't do the same with VCS.

Let's just hope that whoever ports this one makes sure there's no issues. ;)
lol like thats going to happen :P

‫

Just one simple thing i may suggest.

Stop with this fake ugly shiny character effect

or just make it option to toggle ON/OFF.

I just cant stand the look of it its just ugly to me

(Im taking about SA & LCS(?) port where character have this ugly shiny effect)

-Quantum-

Sooo no vcs for smartphones? Great...just so f****** great....

zmudziak32

It will be at December.

Ivan1997GTA

It will be at December.

As soon as Lucid Games patches Liberty City Stories to run on more Android devices, just so I could finally play the game on my tablet without crashing after starting a new one on the main menu or not running at all, but I digress.

Ingramsl19

Yesterday R* will release the GTA VCS to Phone or not.

HeySlickThatsMe

"Yesterday R* will release"

i didn't know that time machines exist

‫

This guy really ask for Bust.

Big_Smiley

It will be at December.

As soon as Lucid Games patches Liberty City Stories to run on more Android devices, just so I could finally play the game on my tablet without crashing after starting a new one on the main menu or not running at all, but I digress. I didn't really want Lucid games to port VCS after what they did to LCS. But if that's the case well then, better than no port at all :/

gts.

Yesterday R* will release the GTA VCS to Phone or not.

Oh my god haha, this guy again... "Yesterday R* will release..."

mbTy5xF.jpg

Gravarty

Yeah i think they'll announce it in december, like they did with GTA III/VC/SA/LCS.

It will be at December.

As soon as Lucid Games patches Liberty City Stories to run on more Android devices, just so I could finally play the game on my tablet without crashing after starting a new one on the main menu or not running at all, but I digress.
I didn't really want Lucid games to port VCS after what they did to LCS. But if that's the case well then, better than no port at all :/

War Drums actually did a pretty good job with GTA III and Vice City.. But the "remastered" GTA SA graphics are just awful..

They're only good at remastering HUD/UI. Lucid Games.. well, they actually managed to remaster the whole game but afaik they even stole textures from other HD textures mods.

Edited by countergame

Big_Smiley

Yeah i think they'll announce it in december, like they did with GTA III/VC/SA/LCS.

It will be at December.

I didn't really want Lucid games to port VCS after what they did to LCS. But if that's the case well then, better than no port at all :/

War Drums actually did a pretty good job with GTA III and Vice City.. But the "remastered" GTA SA graphics are just awful..

They're only good at remastering HUD/UI. Lucid Games.. well, they actually managed to remaster the whole game but afaik they even stole textures from other HD textures mods.

What bothered me the most is that they reused weapon icons from III and VC. Don't know why they ever did that. It's like they just wanted to release the game right away instead of putting time into every original weapon icon. Sounds kinda silly but it's really like the only thing that bothered me most. Lucid did a good job on remastering the game though as you mentioned. If Wardrum did this port of VCS they would do a grate job. But if they go with the glossy shinny sh*t we had in SA then that will ruin the game pretty much :dozing: Edited by GTA_The_Series

Andy900

:yawn: I hope that R * can do gta Stories for PC, it would be really very good and the best gift for most users on its tenth anniversary, but I see it almost impossible meantime guess meantime I'll settle with the emulator, quality the graphics are not as good as it is psp, but is playable :lol:

dsdsdsd_zpslfgvetnk.png

Ash_735

Maybe we'll get something on the 10th Anniversary of the PS2 version which is in March.

PhillBellic

Maybe we'll get something on the 10th Anniversary of the PS2 version which is in March.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Would be interesting.

simstosh

Would be interesting.

Actually, the 10th anniversary edition, even if she will be based on PS2 version (released on March 2007), the release date to be considered should be the initial release (PSP version), which was on October 31st 2006.

Considering that information, and the fact that every mobile version (except Chinatown Wars which was released a year after his initial release, and San Andreas which was released 9 months before complete 10 years) was released suddenly on December of each 10th anniversary, the VCS mobile version should be released any day in the next month. Here is some release dates for comparsion:

GTA 3
PlayStation 2 -> 22 October 2001
iOS, Android -> 15 December 2011
GTA VC
PlayStation 2 -> 27 October 2002
iOS -> 6 December 2012
Android -> 12 December 2012
GTA SA
PlayStation 2 -> 26 October 2004
iOS -> 12 December 2013
Android -> 19 December 2013
GTA LCS
PSP -> 25 October 2005
iOS -> 17 December 2015
Android -> 11 February 2016
GTA VCS
PSP -> 31 October 2006
iOS/Android -> XX December 2016 (???)
Of course, I really hope that my bet is right. :D
Edited by simstosh

SMACKED!

Would be interesting.

Actually, the 10th anniversary edition, even if she will be based on PS2 version (released on March 2007), the release date to be considered should be the initial release (PSP version), which was on October 31st 2006.

Considering that information, and the fact that every mobile version (except Chinatown Wars which was released a year after his initial release, and San Andreas which was released 9 months before complete 10 years) was released suddenly on December of each 10th anniversary, the VCS mobile version should be released any day in the next month. Here is some release dates for comparsion:

GTA 3
PlayStation 2 -> 22 October 2001
iOS, Android -> 15 December 2011
GTA VC
PlayStation 2 -> 27 October 2002
iOS -> 6 December 2012
Android -> 12 December 2012
GTA SA
PlayStation 2 -> 26 October 2004
iOS -> 12 December 2013
Android -> 19 December 2013
GTA LCS
PSP -> 25 October 2005
iOS -> 17 December 2015
Android -> 11 February 2016
GTA VCS
PSP -> 31 October 2006
iOS/Android -> XX December 2016 (???)
Of course, I really hope that my bet is right. :D

You can easily become a millionaire with a bet like that. I have no doubt it will be at December.

ClaudeSpeed1911

GTA3 is the best mobile version so far, Hopefully VCS is even better.

‫

inb4 they lost rights to Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" song and they have to cut Phil from game LOL.

Edited by Bender.ㅤ

George Costanza

inb4 they lost rights to Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" song and they have to cut Phil from game LOL.

they will replace him with Justin Bieber.

Big_Smiley

they will replace him with Justin Bieber. THEY better not :panic: F*king R* ruined SA with losing the rights to all those classic hits. Edited by GTA_The_Series

SMACKED!

LMAO

OT; Pay SSRenz attention, his information is leaked from very likely facts and I have no doubt that his information is 100% accurate.

Please, don't bust that kiddo, we may need him when the apocalypse comes.

Edited by Still Madd

KY Jello

Yeah I think what could be holding them back from releasing the 10th anniversary edition is that they lost all the rights to the songs lol

George Costanza

It's not even December yet and people already got scared.

Why?

Ivan1997GTA

Why?

I dunno. Probably something about removing songs from various radio stations. I'm sure Phil Collins' songs are gonna stay in. I'm not gonna be surprised about the other stations getting the axe. I was kind of surprised when 2Pac's "I Just Don't Give A F*ck" was removed in the mobile ports of GTA San Andreas, despite being featured in the game's trailers back in 2004.

George Costanza

Why?

I dunno. Probably something about removing songs from various radio stations. I'm sure Phil Collins' songs are gonna stay in. I'm not gonna be surprised about the other stations getting the axe. I was kind of surprised when 2Pac's "I Just Don't Give A F*ck" was removed in the mobile ports of GTA San Andreas, despite being featured in the game's trailers back in 2004.

i mean they got scared of delayed/cancelled mobile release. NOT ABOUT THE SONGS REMOVATION.

Jimmy

A VCS Mobile release would just the thing which would bring out the opportunity for non-PSP players to enjoy the game on Android or iOS. I loved GTA III on Android. Never got around playing LCS on Android but lets see if VCS changes that.

Ivan1997GTA

A VCS Mobile release would just the thing which would bring out the opportunity for non-PSP players to enjoy the game on Android or iOS. I loved GTA III on Android. Never got around playing LCS on Android but lets see if VCS changes that.

I played all of the GTA games on Android and beat them, except for LCS, which I couldn't get to work. Let's just hope VCS will have a better port for iOS & Android devices.

Ingramsl19

the VCS mobile will remake the remastered of GTA Game

:yawn: I hope that R * can do gta Stories for PC, it would be really very good and the best gift for most users on its tenth anniversary, but I see it almost impossible meantime guess meantime I'll settle with the emulator, quality the graphics are not as good as it is psp, but is playable :lol:

dsdsdsd_zpslfgvetnk.png

PPSSPP.

Andy900

the VCS mobile will remake the remastered of GTA Game

PPSSPP.

It seems that yeah, well it would have been good if * R had released for its 10 vcs anniversary both the version for mobil and PC since a game of such a good story and considered for me with the best script and classic songs, although there attempts of mods that They wanted the mod version for pc of vcs, but they never managed to finalize it to 100% ... :/ well to wait for the mobil version of vcs :colgate: !!!

Edited by Andy900