2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Viceci

VCS 10-Year Anniversary

nkjellman

I never quite understood why Rockstar released GTA SA Mobile on the Windows Store since we already have GTA SA on PC. What baffles me is that they would do this, AND not release LCS Mobile for the Windows Store.

So, for the VCS 10th Anniversary, I hope that they release VCS Mobile on iOS, Android, and Windows Store. In addition, it would be nice if they would release LCS Mobile on the Windows Store too.

Now, it is possible that they may do more for VCS 10th Anniversary. The reason why I think that they will do a little extra for VC's 10th Anniversary is because VCS was the last 3D era GTA that Rockstar ever made. It will be the 10th Anniversary of the completion of the III era. So they may not just have stuff relating to VCS, but they may also honor III, VC, SA, and LCS too.

They could even put up III Mobile and VC Mobile on the Windows Store too (not that I would care about that as we already have those on PC). They will probably do something in GTA Online as well, like an I heart VC t-shirt like they did for LCS. Even though they may make mention to the 10th Anniversary of the III era's completion, I think they will mainly focus on VCS. It is possible that they may do a complete bundle of some sort of all five games.

Ivan1997GTA

I never quite understood why Rockstar released GTA SA Mobile on the Windows Store since we already have GTA SA on PC. What baffles me is that they would do this, AND not release LCS Mobile for the Windows Store.

So, for the VCS 10th Anniversary, I hope that they release VCS Mobile on iOS, Android, and Windows Store. In addition, it would be nice if they would release LCS Mobile on the Windows Store too.

Now, it is possible that they may do more for VCS 10th Anniversary. The reason why I think that they will do a little extra for VC's 10th Anniversary is because VCS was the last 3D era GTA that Rockstar ever made. It will be the 10th Anniversary of the completion of the III era. So they may not just have stuff relating to VCS, but they may also honor III, VC, SA, and LCS too.

They could even put up III Mobile and VC Mobile on the Windows Store too (not that I would care about that as we already have those on PC). They will probably do something in GTA Online as well, like an I heart VC t-shirt like they did for LCS. Even though they may make mention to the 10th Anniversary of the III era's completion, I think they will mainly focus on VCS. It is possible that they may do a complete bundle of some sort of all five games.

Ditto. It would be cool if all five games were released in a collection on the PS Vita and the Nintendo 3DS (the latter of which seems unlikely), something like "Grand Theft Auto: The Complete 3D Collection", not that it's going to happen.

Platybus

San Andreas is in the Windows Store in PC not because they pretend to sell the product twice, but because every modern Windows device operates with the same store. San Andreas is popular enough as to get a Windows Store release. That's not the case with Liberty City Stories, though.

Big_Smiley

San Andreas is in the Windows Store in PC not because they pretend to sell the product twice, but because every modern Windows device operates with the same store. San Andreas is popular enough as to get a Windows Store release. That's not the case with Liberty City Stories, though. Right because LCS wasn't always popular as SA. Nowhere near infact. But LCS is still a decent gta.

Vanzant

In 2016, what would you like to see Rockstar give us on VCS 10-year anniversary?

I would personally love to see a PC release. I seriously doubt it will happen, but I would love for it to. Many people have wanted LCS and VCS on PC for a long time.

Well too bad the OP is already banned

That doesn't have anything to do with the topic. Just because a member is banned doesn't mean we should lock or ignore decent discussions said member created.

On topic, I don't honestly feel this game needs a anniversary reward, it's nothing groundbreaking as GTAIII.

I won't tell anyone this will never come out for mobile, however I don't think it will ever see a PC release.

Thegrandtheftmaster

In 2016, what would you like to see Rockstar give us on VCS 10-year anniversary?[/size]I would personally love to see a PC release. I seriously doubt it will happen, but I would love for it to. Many people have wanted LCS and VCS on PC for a long time.[/size]

That doesn't have anything to do with the topic. Just because a member is banned doesn't mean we should lock or ignore decent discussions said member created.

On topic, I don't honestly feel this game needs a anniversary reward, it's nothing groundbreaking as GTAIII.

I won't tell anyone this will never come out for mobile, however I don't think it will ever see a PC release.

Actually no one really cares this game isn't coming to PC. Keep in mind Gta Liberty city stories and Gta vice city stories aren't as known as other Gta's. That's because it was PlayStation exclusive, but to be honest with you I'm not really getting my hopes up for this game. I've heard this game is glitchy and you can't go to the clubs that were in the original vice city. These games aren't well known like Gta San Andreas so no one really knows about these games. Does it really matter if it doesn't come to PC ? This game is just suppose to explain victor Vance's life before he died. Gta Liberty city stories is even worse you can barely enter any interiors and can't fly a helicopter and if you get one its hard to control. Gta vice city stories has this stupid ass height limit when your flying aircrafts. You can't regain your health besides the stupid health pickups. Gta vice city stories is a disappointing game tbh with you. Look at the features you can do in Gta vice city and not Gta vice city stories. The game sucks anyways I get it this game isn't suppose to be better then Gta San Andreas. But they could at least add the features from Gta vice city.

henriquedematos

We'll probably just get a mobile port with marginally improved graphics, like with LCS. Not that I mind it at all, VCS is one of my favorites :inlove:

Vanzant

In 2016, what would you like to see Rockstar give us on VCS 10-year anniversary?[/size]I would personally love to see a PC release. I seriously doubt it will happen, but I would love for it to. Many people have wanted LCS and VCS on PC for a long time.[/size]

Actually no one really cares this game isn't coming to PC. Keep in mind Gta Liberty city stories and Gta vice city stories aren't as known as other Gta's. That's because it was PlayStation exclusive, but to be honest with you I'm not really getting my hopes up for this game. I've heard this game is glitchy and you can't go to the clubs that were in the original vice city. These games aren't well known like Gta San Andreas so no one really knows about these games. Does it really matter if it doesn't come to PC ? This game is just suppose to explain victor Vance's life before he died. Gta Liberty city stories is even worse you can barely enter any interiors and can't fly a helicopter and if you get one its hard to control. Gta vice city stories has this stupid ass height limit when your flying aircrafts. You can't regain your health besides the stupid health pickups. Gta vice city stories is a disappointing game tbh with you. Look at the features you can do in Gta vice city and not Gta vice city stories. The game sucks anyways I get it this game isn't suppose to be better then Gta San Andreas. But they could at least add the features from Gta vice city.

Lot's of people want a PC port, whether it's unlikely.

GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories have together sold way more than 10 million copies and counting. Your argument that it was Playstation only not being well know is like somebody else telling me no one knows what the f*ck The Legend Of Zelda is because no one's played it on the Xbox One.

These games didn't have the features from the other games because they were standalone PSP versions. They got decent reviews despite the fact you can't walk into interiors.

Original Light

GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories have together sold way more than 10 million copies and counting. Your argument that it was Playstation only not being well know is like somebody else telling me no one knows what the f*ck The Legend Of Zelda is because no one's played it on the Xbox One.

These games didn't have the features from the other games because they were standalone PSP versions. They got decent reviews despite the fact you can't walk into interiors.

Vice City Stories most definitely did have interiors. Whether it was mini-marts, businesses, player owned empire sites, and so on.

Edited by Original Light

Thegrandtheftmaster

Look when I search Gta vice city stories all I see are Gta vice city stories walkthroughs. Did I also mention the videos aren't narrated either ? When I search Gta San Andreas I find narrated walkthroughs and more interesting things about the game. Also what are you talking about Gta Liberty city stories didn't have the features Gta 3 had ? Gta 3 really was so basic pretty much every feature from that game is in Gta Liberty city stories. I can complain Gta Liberty city stories doesn't have helicopters, because it runs on a modified Gta vice city engine. The Gta vice city engine had helicopter support in it you can't say it was psp limitations since Gta vice city stories had helicopters. Also your wrong when you say the psp couldn't handle if Gta vice city stories has all the Gta vice city features. Gta vice city stories feels like a rushed game and it was only developed for 1 year while Gta Liberty city stories was in development for 2 years. Look I think rockstar wanted to put Gta San Andreas features into Gta vice city stories since they couldn't make Gta San Andreas stories for the psp. Gta 4 was in development since 2004. Maybe that's why they couldn't make a Gta San Andreas prequel since they wanted to focus on Gta 4. Look if rockstar didn't focus on Gta 4 so much we could of had all the Gta vice city features in gta vice city stories. Hell we could even got a Gta San Andreas stories(in Gta San Andreas stories they could probably only do Los santos and no other cities so the psp can run it.) Look the only reason they got good reviews was, because people acknowledged the fact that it was on psp so they weren't expecting it to be better then Gta San Andreas. Gta vice city stories doesn't have a good YouTube community, because people in the community only post walkthroughs. If a game doesn't have a good YouTube community like other Gta's do then not as many people will know about the game. Also why isn't Gta Liberty city stories on the Windows 10 store yet ? Microsoft put Gta 3, Gta vice city and Gta San Andreas on the Windows 10 store, because Microsoft knew those games would sell well. Look at Gta Liberty city stories people actually posted on the mobile version when it released, but now no one really cares to post it and how to get it for free on iOS. With Gta San Andreas on the other hand people actually posted the mobile version for more then a year. Hell people even posted how to get it for free for over a year now. People don't really post Gta Liberty city stories mobile anymore, becuse they don't care about it. Gta San Andreas mobile on the other hand people actually posted videos of it a lot before Gta Liberty city stories released. We can assume that Gta vice city stories on mobile will be treated the same by the YouTube community as how they treated Gta Liberty city stories. Edited by Thegrandtheftmaster

DoctorMike

I hope that War Drum makes this game, because, not only they improved some textures, but they also remastered some models like Character models. Enhanced hands etc...

LCS on mobile was a complete garbage, no model remasters whatsoever... They just stole textures like Tomasak said. And the stutter lag makes it worse. The lighting was sh*t too in my opinion.

Keano

I think there will be an IOS/Android release but I would like Rockstar to create a challenge in GTA Online to see who can shoot the most red balloons and some clothing but considering nothing was done for San Andreas and Liberty City Stories, I doubt that.

George Costanza

I hope that War Drum makes this game, because, not only they improved some textures, but they also remastered some models like Character models. Enhanced hands etc...

LCS on mobile was a complete garbage, no model remasters whatsoever... They just stole textures like Tomasak said. And the stutter lag makes it worse. The lighting was sh*t too in my opinion.

War Drum only redid cutscene peds for SA release (and maybe they got them from R*). The better car models and skinned peds in III and hands in VC were done by R* Vienna for xbox release.

DoctorMike

War Drum only redid cutscene peds for SA release (and maybe they got them from R*). The better car models and skinned peds in III and hands in VC were done by R* Vienna for xbox release. but the hands of the characters weren't remastered in LCS, But in gta sa, it was enhanced both in the gameplay and cutscene, the lighting was a lot better in my opinion, but Lucid Sucks

Grumpy Cat

War Drum only redid cutscene peds for SA release (and maybe they got them from R*). The better car models and skinned peds in III and hands in VC were done by R* Vienna for xbox release.
but the hands of the characters weren't remastered in LCS, But in gta sa, it was enhanced both in the gameplay and cutscene, the lighting was a lot better in my opinion, but Lucid Sucks

War Drum didn't not made hands, they just took it from the xbox version. besides War Drum and Lucid they both put an oil effect, so i don't see a big deal between them.

DoctorMike

but the hands of the characters weren't remastered in LCS, But in gta sa, it was enhanced both in the gameplay and cutscene, the lighting was a lot better in my opinion, but Lucid Sucks

War Drum didn't not made hands, they just took it from the xbox version. besides War Drum and Lucid they both put an oil effect, so i don't see a big deal between them. yeah but I personally liked the reflection and the visuals better than LCS :)

Thegrandtheftmaster

War Drum didn't not made hands, they just took it from the xbox version. besides War Drum and Lucid they both put an oil effect, so i don't see a big deal between them. yeah but I personally liked the reflection and the visuals better than LCS :)Actually know that I think about it Gta Liberty city stories didn't even have shadows on pedestrians and Gta San Andreas had that feature.

Big_Smiley

War Drum didn't not made hands, they just took it from the xbox version. besides War Drum and Lucid they both put an oil effect, so i don't see a big deal between them. yeah but I personally liked the reflection and the visuals better than LCS :)Actually know that I think about it Gta Liberty city stories didn't even have shadows on pedestrians and Gta San Andreas had that feature. If the Xbox original had it then of course the moble ports would too. R* just enhanced the shadow effects of the mobile version of SA.

lil weasel

BREAK IT UP. Quote only what is necessary EDIT it down. Stop the Quote Trains.

MOST replies don't need a quoting at all.

Edited by lil weasel

Sunrise Driver

Since we have 4 III era games on mobile, I think it's obligatory to have 5th as well.

Murray Bunyan

Currently playing LCS for the first time and wow, I honestly didn't think the handheld GTAs would be this good, I'm having a blast with the missions and it's great to see all the GTA 3 characters make a comeback in this one. Can't wait to finish this and I really hope they release VCS soon, revisiting VC would be a dream.

It's a bit weird as the LCS one isn't an Anniversary Edition like the other ones on mobile. They seem to have screwed up the release dates as VCS should've released in 2016, which seems very unlikely at this point.

George Costanza

Since we have 4 III era games on mobile, I think it's obligatory to have 5th as well.

Ye. We need *drum roll* Gta Advance on mobiles too.

PhillBellic

Why not. I''d enjoy giving it a go.

Sunrise Driver

Unoficially, there's an emulator for PSP and I'm sure for Android as well.

Though I'd love to have Advance somehow put in Chinatown Wars map.

Edited by Street Mix

Davve95

I don't know if this is a bad idea or not. So no hate.

But what about create a name list on who wants LCS and VCS PC edition?

And then mail it or something to R*

Because there would be epic with a PC version of those.

Ash_735

If only there was some kind of VCS PC Edition which has more love and care to the details compared to these mobile ports.

Finished that is.

George Costanza

Unoficially, there's an emulator for PSP and I'm sure for Android as well.

>not wanting native port with 4K sprites.

Come on.

Mega

Come on.

>not wanting a 3D remake running on VCS' engine with fully voiced cutscenes and such

Say what?

George Costanza

Come on.

>not wanting a 3D remake running on VCS' engine with fully voiced cutscenes and such

Say what?

Ruining silent topdown master piece with 3D world and probably poor voice acting, cuz R*, money and so.

I would like to have a PC release for the 10th anniversary of VCS. It's a shame that something like that couldn't have been completed by the people on this forum *Cough http://gtaforums.com/topic/439980-vice-city-stories-pc-edition/page-1 *Cough. Yep, Such a shame that is...

@Ash If R* does nothing for the 10th anniversary I really wish you guys would complete it.

Edited by 018361