2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

So, How about that auto-lock?

§†range

No one discussing the auto lock on armed aircraft? I was surprised to get in my buzzard and find that I was auto locking on to PVs. Blew up at least 5 cars in a minute or so. What's the deal? Was this in the patch notes? I can't help but think bad sport is around the corner.

The game is getting way to easy at this point. Low levels with homing launchers,now armed aircraft seemingly to combat it.

Auto-lock, the elephant in the forum?

Not A Nice Person

It'll be funny if someone saw this thread, blew up a bunch of pv's and get bad sport, come back to the forums to bitch about bad sport and how it shouldn't be in the game.

• Like 14

I had a great time with it this afternoon, but yes, it's just asking for a stretch in bad sport, so I shall have to restrain myself.

• Like 1

f*cking stupid addition

/thread

I seriously hope they take that sh*t out next patch.

• Like 3

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

Here is a case where although it is logical it is not conducive to better gameplay.

Listen to the people, Rockstar.

• Like 3

shadowoperative

I have been setting $1000 bounties so I do not have to pay for the cars I blow up.

nWo_Y2J_2015

It'll be funny if someone saw this thread, blew up a bunch of pv's and get bad sport, come back to the forums to bitch about bad sport and how it shouldn't be in the game.

Hold on, gotta go make a thread...lol

• Like 1

The game is teasing to blow up pvs, with a punishment waiting at hand. Restraint you say? f*ck yo Osiris bitch....

Fuck-Yo-Couch-Nigga.gif

Edited by 2+2=5

I have a feeling R* is trying to further occupy the bad sport servers with this move. While it's easy to set bounties, sometimes you'll forget and those bad sport points and insurance payments will add up. The auto lock is good against ground players who might be trying to lock onto you. But as far as chasing cars manual aim is still the best for me anyway, especially against a super where your best bet is to lead your shot so he drives right into it.

The Lone Wanderer

this is bullsh*t

bad sport is in the game and they let you lock on to pvs

meh, cannons were better anyway.

CarimboHanky

if this is not promoting bad sport i dont know what it is!!!

i was like WTFFFFF when i got in my lazer and the thing locked onto my bro's car

R* put a stupid bad sport system that punish players for destroying other players PVs in the same game that allow one to carry over a 100 explosives and allow players to own tank, jets and attack helicopters with missiles that lock onto other player PVs!

this addition is nothing but bullsh*t hypocrite move by R*

with such addition the least i expect is the removal of bad sport for destroying PVs

Should be a poll to this incase R* does see it. I'd make 1000's of accounts to vote no. >.>

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

This will finally balance that fuc-in homing launcher bulls-it.

On the other hand, it's another example that insurances and bad sport like they're right now don't make any sense.

• Like 1

On the other hand, it's another example that insurances and bad sport like they're right now don't make any sense.

This is the thing idgaf about the insurance, yet if they are giving all the tools to destroy each other the bad sport is just asinine.

• Like 1

Mattoropael

It's useless against players who are moving faster than traffic.

Unless they're in a tank (but who even uses a tank these days?) or they're being dumb as brick, you won't be able to hit them.

Of course, Bad Sport remains the biggest problem (and deterrent) with killing players in their PVs from the sky. Unless they're provoking me or otherwise annoyed me beyond the breaking point, I wouldn't bother at all.

No it doesn't. It only locks to players in ground vehicles, and you can't shoot the homing launcher from a ground vehicle.

Against homing launcher it's exactly the same as before - Fighter jets can laugh them off and make 50 passes on the same spot without problems, while helicopters are 120% ****ed if not flying in NG passive mode.

Edited by Mattoropael
  • Like 2

It's useless against players who are moving faster than traffic.

Unless they're in a tank (but who even uses a tank these days?) or they're being dumb as brick, you won't be able to hit them.

Not in the savage man. That thing has infinite rounds with zero reload time. it's been pure destruction. Insurgents mostly.

• Like 1

I'm loving this feature. The people that run away usually aren't driving a PV in my experience.

I actually get my Osiris blown up by other players in tanks on purpose to make them pay the $25,000. I go kamikaze on tanks until they get out or leave XD. It's a dick move, but so is blowing players up with the tank.

I actually made a player pay nearly $200k for my car.

• Like 2

DevilDaRebel

Oh my f*cking God, people Bad Sport is so people don't get to carried away with bullsh*t griefing and destroying other people PV... They look at it as a way to be able to destroy and grief, but only for a certain amount of time. So when you do over do it, you get punish by been thrown into bad sport. THAT'S WHY BAD SPORT EXCIST. TO TEACH YOU A LESSON TO NOT OVER DO IT. It's the most logical thing I can think of as why bad sport exist and letting you own tanks, and military grade sh*t.

TLDR: You got to know when to stop, if you don't Bad Sport awaits you.

Edited by -Velox
  • Like 4

Shows how little I fly jets and buzzards. I thought they locked onto PVs already. The amount of times I've had mine blown up and all.

• Like 1

Buzzards can lock on to PVs now, huh? That really explains a lot. I thought this one guy was some legend at firing rockets or something lol...

• Like 3

Epsilon_Program

I have been setting $1000 bounties so I do not have to pay for the cars I blow up.

You genius.

• Like 1

Crunch McThornbody

REDDICEO919, you actually saw a tank in freeroam? Wow that's like seeing a panda in the wild!

• Like 5

CarimboHanky

REDDICEO919, you actually saw a tank in freeroam? Wow that's like seeing a panda in the wild!

you'd be surprised at the amount of tanks i still see everyday.

it such a joke of vehicle right now.

i see a tank in the map

call for my hydra

get in my hydra

gain altitude

head toward the tank

dive

*cannon*

BOOM

?

profit

carimbo gets happy!

Soran Is On

Fantastic addition. Homo launcher payback. Wasn't in patch notes, probably a mistake and will be removed.

Actually this was available during the early days of online, was one of the first things to get removed for good reason. I wonder if this is a bug or intentional. You really can't say it's to deter the homing launcher since people who fire those are on foot anyway.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

how this is promoting bad sport is realy beyond me.....unless the misiles still lock on when you set it to unguided rockets i dont see whats the isue ?

what else are you trying to hit with rockets when shooting at players ?

i mean, even without this function, you were never gonna shoot the player out of his car without damaging it anyhow right ?:p

• Like 1

CarimboHanky

Wasn't in patch notes, probably a mistake and will be removed.

car sales per day cap wasnt in patch notes either nor was the request vehicle cooldown they added.

some people at the support site claim the game is charging them to repair their cars when they drive them into their garages.

how this is promoting bad sport is realy beyond me.....unless the misiles still lock on when you set it to unguided rockets i dont see whats the isue ?

its facilitates the destruction of PVs thats the issue.

for example i can go around in my hydra, i see your gold adder going around i feel like blowing you up, instead of doing a cannon pass which requires a bit more "skills" as you have to dive, shoot and make sure you dont crash against a building, i can simply auto-lock onto your car and boom you go!

making targeting a vehicle so effortless is not a good thing in a game that punish you for doing so.

• Like 1

If you guys are that concerned about locking onto other players' PV's, don't use lock on missiles, simple as that.

• Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Wasn't in patch notes, probably a mistake and will be removed.

car sales per day cap wasnt in patch notes either nor was the request vehicle cooldown they added.

some people at the support site claim the game is charging them to repair their cars when they drive them into their garages.

its facilitates the destruction of PVs thats the issue.

for example i can go around in my hydra, i see your gold adder going around i feel like blowing you up, instead of doing a cannon pass which requires a bit more "skills" as you have to dive, shoot and make sure you dont crash against a building, i can simply auto-lock onto your car and boom you go!

making targeting a vehicle so effortless is not a good thing in a game that punish you for doing so.

not realy, unless you're a douchebag thats suposed to be in the bad sport anyhow.

Just kill the people trying to kill you and grief those or hunt bounty's, problem solved