2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

"Is there a modder in here?"

AboveAndBeyoncé

AboveAndBeyoncé

every lobby i go in after a mission or a heist setup etc. I'll do go and do random stuff but I almost every time I always here some kid on the mic saying "Is there a modder in this lobby?" Or "is there modder here? I need money." Why do they expect some modder to just say yes or give them money? Most modders grief people not help them. Have any of you GTAF memebers heard people saying this? What are your thoughts?

Ai®a©ob®a

every lobby i go in after a mission or a heist setup etc. I'll do go and do random stuff but I almost every time I always here some kid on the mic saying "Is there a modder in this lobby?" Or "is there modder here? I need money." Why do they expect some modder to just say yes or give them money? Most modders grief people not help them. Have any of you GTAF memebers heard people saying this? What are your thoughts?

Every session on PC but in most cases it's because something happened not because they want money

GamesBoy316

If I was a modder, I would take the money away from the kid just to f*ck with them. There was even this one time where I was doing a mission and someone asked if I can give them money, when I didn't even look like a modder. I don't blame them though, making money is a grind, but better than to just give in and buy a shark card.

Edited by GamesBoy316

StateofMind15

Tell them that you are a modder. Make them do something stupid like sell their Zentorno or buy an expensive vehicle and tell them if they do it, it will grant them 5 billion dollars.

Don't hear nothing like that on PS4. Ah, so quiet :)

• Like 1

As a reasonably high level with all the toys, I get texts reasonably frequently asking if I'm a modder, normally when there is evidence of a modder being in the room (ufo's, basketball nets etc).

Best one was when a friendly modder I know spawned a few space dockers. I was driving around in that for ages with people texting me asking for money.

Arrows to Athens

Everyone assumes I'm a modder cheater because I'm a level 611. They say ''Give me money''. I just ignore them. Some will even follow me throughout the whole map. Strange fellows. Because of this and hate messages (still get them via in-game text) I have changed my settings so I only receive messages from friends or friends of friends.

Edited by Fearx--

JaegerPilot1

I hear it once in a while. I also hear low levels asking if a certain player is a hacker.

Ive seen people ask that quite a few times on PC. I usually just shake my head and randomly find 3 million in my pocket a few mins later.

Not all modders are bad, but they do tend to get annoying. They also work great for stress testing the RAGE engine, ran into a few modders in one session at the airport, there was so many exploisions and various objects/vehicles being spawned, and the game STILL ran at a stable 60fps with no real drops.

• Like 2

Back when I modded on PS3, just doing stuff like spawning cars and giving money to friends, I would often have a bunch of kids ask me for money and it got really annoying. Before I modded, I used to be one of them though. I remember asking someone on GTA IV to make me an airplane out of the Annihilator, and I was ignored. Now I understand why.

I think it's way funnier though when some kid asks you to give them your car or to give em money even if they know you're not a modder. #1, I'm not gonna give you my car or my money, and #2, I couldn't give you them even if I wanted to. There's no "Give car to player" or "Give money to player" option.

PS3 is there a modder? I get asked do you know any modders, if im a modder and can i have some money because i have the green bag lol

The Lone Wanderer

I used to get asked a lot after lvl 100

yeah sure, just come over here, *kills them*

I just need to kill you 35 times then you need to destroy your car to sell it for 100000000000000000000000000000000 moneyz

CarimboHanky

i hear that everyday in public lobbies...

i receive friend request, messages, ingame text, ingame emails from people asking if i mod or of i can give them money.

i have told this story before but anyway.

one time i was playing and i had this kid asking if was a modder, i said yes, he asked for money so i told him i had modded the paleto bay lsc and that he can sell his bmx bike for like 1million. imhad this f*cker go from the city to paleto bay in a bmx hahaha

PS-GTAIVplayer

If modders always killed (one lured people to a spot and blew the whole lot up, assuming he was a modder like he said) no one would ask. A lot of them want people to ride with them in their flying rainbow buses and get adulation for dropping money on people. Nearly every lobby has someone asking for money. I might suggest in chat using google, except they might equip themselves with one of the mod consoles which allow them to rape or blow up players.

If an annoying squeeker is bugging me because he's sure I'm a modder, I always say sure, "I'll add cash for you"... wait a couple seconds and say "there ya go, reboot and you're good."

Once they leave they never come back lol

Asking if there's a modder usually results in them getting sh*t spawned on their head before they get booted.

JoeBoneless

Yes. Usually I tell them I'm a modder and convince them to do something stupid like when we got a kid to drop all his guns and then we killed him hahaha

the nameless

When I created my new character recently, I got a psn message saying "Can I have all weapons and ammo please" - during the introduction to online part. I was level 1.

Aunty Fascist

I just get kids asking me if I'll mod a car for them, I guess they assume I have money to spare because I'm a fairly high rank.

No, kid, I'm not your mom. I don't give money away. Go grind for it like everybody else does.

There seems to be a new wave of young'ns that came late to the GTA0 party, and the can't conceive of the work it is going to take to get a few million bucks to buy anything. There were a couple of nights last week where I got texts like 3 times asking if I am a modder and can I giv mony? I assume that they send the same text to everybody on the lobby.

• Like 1

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

im starting to like people asking that sh*t

generaly i tell them "im not a modder you idiot"

often i notice the lowest levels then(probably poor and insulted) coming to my direction

dont know it they're desperate and think im lying, or they are mad and try to kill me but yea, i dont give them the chance...i kill them once in range(seeing how their cars always come straight at me when im walking close to the sides of the street i think it's fair to think they actualy want to kill me)

Arrows to Athens

If an annoying squeeker is bugging me because he's sure I'm a modder, I always say sure, "I'll add cash for you"... wait a couple seconds and say "there ya go, reboot and you're good."

Once they leave they never come back lol

Rank 956. I can see why lol.

There seems to be a new wave of young'ns that came late to the GTA0 party, and the can't conceive of the work it is going to take to get a few million bucks to buy anything. There were a couple of nights last week where I got texts like 3 times asking if I am a modder and can I giv mony? I assume that they send the same text to everybody on the lobby.

It must be school holidays somewhere, because the amount of sh*tbag millennials asking for money is out of control.

Giantsgiants

It's because a new generation of gamers is coming: the "Entitled Generation". These gamers want everything and they want it now, for as little work as possible.

• Like 8

Whenever someone messages me asking if I'm a modder, I say yes and pick them up. We take a drive into the mountain lands and I procedd to shotgun them and drive off, leaving them stranded and a long walk back to a road.

You can get lucky though and modders drop money for you. Just luck of the draw. I was in a lobby and 8 people were at LSC in Passive and it was raining money bags. 5 minutes later, I had picked up 10mil :D

Aunty Fascist

It's because a new generation of gamers is coming: the "Entitled Generation". These gamers want everything and they want it now, for as little work as possible.

Nah, it's just kids being kids. My nine year old does the same thing to me when we play Diablo. They want all the cool stuff but don't really want to play (or are capable of playing) long hours for it. We live in the age of instant gratification and it's infested all the kids.

Osiris Owner

Damn, never seen Giantsgiants posting like this before. Has too many hate for his vehicles got to him?

Cutter De Blanc

I'm on PS4, no free money for me!

At least as far as I know... :/