3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[C#] How to Get Trailer ID ?

Lestium

Hey,

I need help for Get trailer ID (for open trailer doors and attach vehicle to this). I have tested this native : GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE , but crash the game

int GetTrailer(int Veh)    {        int Tr = 0;        while (!Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, Tr, Veh))        {            Tr++;        }        return Tr;    }

Help me, please

Sorry for my bad english.

int GetTrailer (int veh){   int trailer = -1;   Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh, trailer);   return trailer;}

Untested, btw.

If you want to know how to use a native, you can look at the NativeDB page (scroll down to see how to use the GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE native, you'll see it).

The main problem you had with your code is you were trying to get a trailer vehicle from the trailer ID, which was 0.

The other was your whole while (..) tr++ stuff, which you didn't need to do since the native already gives you the ID of the trailer, so you don't need a loop or anything like that.

Edited by LetsPlayOrDy

Here's what i would do:

Vehicle GetAttachedTrailer(Vehicle veh){    if (Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh))    {        return Function.Call<Vehicle>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh)    }    else return null;}void AttachTrailer(Vehicle trailer, Vehicle veh){    Vehicle currentTrailer = GetAttachedTrailer(veh);    if (currentTrailer != null && currentTrailer.Handle != trailer.Handle)    {        Function.Call(DETACH_VEHICLE_FROM_TRAILER(veh));        currentTrailer.Delete();        Function.Call(ATTACH_VEHICLE_TO_TRAILER(veh, trailer, 0f));    }    else if (currentTrailer.Handle == trailer.Handle)    {        UI.Notify("Specified trailer already attached to vehicle");    }    else     {        Function.Call(ATTACH_VEHICLE_TO_TRAILER(veh, trailer, 0f));    }}

Or at least something along those lines as it haven't been tested.

• 2 months later...

Here's what i would do:

Vehicle GetAttachedTrailer(Vehicle veh){    if (Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh))    {        return Function.Call<Vehicle>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh)    }    else return null;}void AttachTrailer(Vehicle trailer, Vehicle veh){    Vehicle currentTrailer = GetAttachedTrailer(veh);    if (currentTrailer != null && currentTrailer.Handle != trailer.Handle)    {        Function.Call(DETACH_VEHICLE_FROM_TRAILER(veh));        currentTrailer.Delete();        Function.Call(ATTACH_VEHICLE_TO_TRAILER(veh, trailer, 0f));    }    else if (currentTrailer.Handle == trailer.Handle)    {        UI.Notify("Specified trailer already attached to vehicle");    }    else     {        Function.Call(ATTACH_VEHICLE_TO_TRAILER(veh, trailer, 0f));    }}

Or at least something along those lines as it haven't been tested.

int GetTrailer (int veh){   int trailer = -1;   Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh, trailer);   return trailer;}

Untested, btw.

If you want to know how to use a native, you can look at the NativeDB page (scroll down to see how to use the GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE native, you'll see it).

The main problem you had with your code is you were trying to get a trailer vehicle from the trailer ID, which was 0.

The other was your whole while (..) tr++ stuff, which you didn't need to do since the native already gives you the ID of the trailer, so you don't need a loop or anything like that.

Thanks for your helps, but dosen't work again (the game has stopped working) :(

You should pass Vehicle instead of integer. It seems that the bool returns whether a trailer is found or not.

Vehicle trailer;if(Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh, trailer)){   //do something with the trailer}

Please test it out. Hope it helps :)

Edited by GeorgeZhang

You should pass Vehicle instead of integer. It seems that the bool returns whether a trailer is found or not.

Vehicle trailer;if(Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh, trailer)){   //do something with the trailer}

Thank, but doesn't work again,

i tested my idea :

Vehicle[] Nearby = World.GetNearbyVehicles(Game.Player.Character, Convert.ToSingle(10.0), 3);            Vehicle CurrentVeh = Game.Player.Character.CurrentVehicle;            foreach (Vehicle veh in Nearby)            {                if (veh != CurrentVeh)                {                    Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, CurrentVeh, veh);                }            }

This returns false when the trailer is nearby (it's okay), but when trailer is attached, game stopped working..

Thank, but doesn't work again,

i tested my idea :

Vehicle[] Nearby = World.GetNearbyVehicles(Game.Player.Character, Convert.ToSingle(10.0), 3);            Vehicle CurrentVeh = Game.Player.Character.CurrentVehicle;            foreach (Vehicle veh in Nearby)            {                if (veh != CurrentVeh)                {                    Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, CurrentVeh, veh);                }            }

This returns false when the trailer is nearby (it's okay), but when trailer is attached, game stopped working..

But the code seems to assign all vehicles nearby to your trailer, which is likely what crashed the game? Maybe you should try passing another Vehicle variable?

I found how to use OutputArgument, it works with this code :

Vehicle GetTrailer(Vehicle veh)
{
OutputArgument outputArgument = new OutputArgument();
if (Function.Call<bool>(Hash.GET_VEHICLE_TRAILER_VEHICLE, veh, outputArgument))
{
return outputArgument.GetResult<Vehicle>();
}
else
{
return null;
}
}

Thank you to those who helped me!