2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Home Invasion dlc idea

Wallly

I seriously think there should be a home invasion, stealth, kidnapping themed update. You would be able to break into other players houses and apartments if you had enough people. For example, say your breaking into some poor old sap's paleto bay home. If you're by yourself there would be a small minigame sequence where both players are pressing on the door or whatever. The more players who are contributing to the burglary the more likely you are to break it down. It's kinda like arm wrestling. If you win the struggle their door would either break open or break off the hinges. You could then take their furniture and TV and other various objects. The homeowner would have to pay to get all their sh*t back. Or they could just shoot you when you bust down the door. The more expensive their home was the more of a profit the thief would make.

Various added things:

stealth mode puts you off the radar and npcs are less aware of you in missions

ability to sneak up on players and npcs and hit them in the back of the head to knock them out. Npcs would wake up after a set time but players will just have their vision blurred. You could then pick up their body and put them in your trunk, truck bed, etc. As you have them hostage you would be able to use them as human shields (players would obviously take more hits than npcs) or execute them, leave them tied up in the street, or even buy them a brand-new shiny pair of (cement) shoes.

Tldr: hide ya kids, hide ya wife

Edited by Wallly
  • Like 1

Quinn_flower

Break in my apt and you find a nice suprise of sticky and prox bombs awaiting you.

Edited by Quinn_flower
  • Like 7

There would also be a tranquilizer gun. Limb shots: the player passes out after 1 minute. Torso shots: 30 seconds Neck or headshots: 5 seconds. To balance this weapon, if the victim is able to kill the person who shot them before they pass out the effects would be nullified.

Catlas Se7en

Only if I can tie people up and leave them on train tracks out in Sandy Shores

All of my yes, I didnt even think of that. But yea I can only imagine tying up trash talking kids in the middle of the desert as a train approaches...

Quinn_flower

Been there done that in rdr

Xion Hunter

I had an idea where you could invade an apartment with a bounty.

Would be fun :D means you could reinitiate the timer in apartments and have more use for them.

Edited by Xion136

I had an idea where you could invade an apartment with a bounty.

Would be fun I'm :D

Exactly, no more running and hiding.

Then whats the point of buying apartments then if you can simply "Steal" one from other players?

You could then take their furniture and TV and other various objects. The homeowner would have to pay to get all their sh*t back.

Chump Change,not really worth the effort,Even with the 500K Apartment in The Eclipse Tower it will give you 40k MAX.

EDIT:

the player passes out after 1 minute. Torso shots: 30 seconds Neck or headshots: 5 seconds

Even with 5 seconds thats op,thats one of the reasons why the Stun gun is not in Online,becuase even being stunned for 3 seconds is op,especially with weapons Like the Assault Shotgun

Edited by Smesi.

Then whats the point of buying apartments then if you can simply "Steal" one from other players?

You could then take their furniture and TV and other various objects. The homeowner would have to pay to get all their sh*t back.

Chump Change,not really worth the effort,Even with the 500K Apartment in The Eclipse Tower it will give you 40k MAX.You would just steal their stuff and Lester would sell it or whatever. They would still have their apartment. The services (shower, TV, wine, whiskey, etc) would also be disabled after you've robbed them. So their would be no point to stay in their property, unless you like the view lol.

CarimboHanky

at first i thought we would be able to break into other player apartments when R* said something like "secure your place with alarms and security cameras"

Love it. You'd have to buy a black boxville that'd be a PV to do it.

Cool?

• Like 1

urkgcNk.gif

Love it. You'd have to buy a black boxville that'd be a PV to do it.

Cool?

Yea I was thinking that most kidnappings would have to be done with a van (boxville, rumpo, burrito etc.)

Does this mean add van customizations, and give back the Burrito and Lost Slamvan?

urkgcNk.gif

Already had this in San Andreas, and it was in some servers too...

But really no need to bump this thread continuously.

Does this mean add van customizations, and give back the Burrito and Lost Slamvan?

Yes, it would also add multiple new vehicles in the vans and industrial class.

TeammateHelper

That's actually pretty awesome. I'm down with that.

I'm in invite only anyway. But I can use a tranq gun. Or just let us have the stun gun instead.

LBCWorldWide

I'd rather see it a little more in-depth and like the version of SA's home invasion mini-game.

LBC 😎

TeammateHelper

I was thinking that if you successfully kidnap someone and hide them in your trunk, you can get frequent cash straight out of his bank, starting with his cash-in-hand. Preferably 5000 per 2 seconds.

Now, the victim has a button mashing minigame where he can mash x to kick open the trunk or back doors to escape. The driver or kidnapper than repeatedly brake the vehicle while on high speeds in order to hinder him more on the door (because he flies back to the front).

Other players can also repeatedly ram your vehicle's back to set the victim free, or steal the car from you to do it themselves, or even just bloe you both up because why not.

I was thinking that if you successfully kidnap someone and hide them in your trunk, you can get frequent cash straight out of his bank, starting with his cash-in-hand. Preferably 5000 per 2 seconds.

Now, the victim has a button mashing minigame where he can mash x to kick open the trunk or back doors to escape. The driver or kidnapper than repeatedly brake the vehicle while on high speeds in order to hinder him more on the door (because he flies back to the front).

Other players can also repeatedly ram your vehicle's back to set the victim free, or steal the car from you to do it themselves, or even just bloe you both up because why not.

That's a great idea, I think I would actually pay real cash for this dlc.

If this happened...Crew Wars would frequently occur on Free Roam, rather than just a standard job...

Can I just open the door with a crowbar (finally a good use for it)? I believe all or most of the apartment doors are wooden.

And if it enabled us to use weapons (when a threat is present, similar to being inside stores) in apartments, I would be minigun camping and having a private dancer as a shield.

Will the burglar be able to equip their weapons or will it restrict them?

The other things seem too complicated to accomplish - even if it is a possibility.

If this happened...Crew Wars would frequently occur on Free Roam, rather than just a standard job...

Can I just open the door with a crowbar (finally a good use for it)? I believe all or most of the apartment doors are wooden.

And if it enabled us to use weapons (when a threat is present, similar to being inside stores) in apartments, I would be minigun camping and having a private dancer as a shield.

The other things seem too complicated to accomplish - even if it is a possibility.

A crowbar would be able to be used to speed up the process of taking the door down. The victim would also be able to use a crowbar to take open the doors of your van or open the trunk. You would be able to use your weapons the moment the door opens. So when the burglars come in it will be like a second of stare down, and whoever could gun down the opposing person first would win the conflict. There should also be a 3 minute cooldown if the burglar is shot or cannot open the door. There would be more grappling in melee fighting and a sort of takedown. Where you and the opponent would get into a button mashing sequence. If you win, you can bash their face in. If they win, they could reverse it or simply push you off of them. If you have an opponent on the ground you should be able to tie their hands with those plastic things (I can't remember what they're called but you know what I'm talking about) It would be similar to being handcuffed. When you have them restrained you could further kidnap them or even put them in a duffel or bodybag.

A crowbar would be able to be used to speed up the process of taking the door down. The victim would also be able to use a crowbar to take open the doors of your van or open the trunk. You would be able to use your weapons the moment the door opens. So when the burglars come in it will be like a second of stare down, and whoever could gun down the opposing person first would win the conflict. There should also be a 3 minute cooldown if the burglar is shot or cannot open the door. There would be more grappling in melee fighting and a sort of takedown. Where you and the opponent would get into a button mashing sequence. If you win, you can bash their face in. If they win, they could reverse it or simply push you off of them. If you have an opponent on the ground you should be able to tie their hands with those plastic things (I can't remember what they're called but you know what I'm talking about) It would be similar to being handcuffed. When you have them restrained you could further kidnap them or even put them in a duffel or bodybag.

Wire ties?

Inb4 someone breaking your house with Rhino tank

The Lone Wanderer

this would just be annoying imo

"some idiot is robbing your apartment, go do something or lose money"

then no one would care and just play with empty apartments

• Like 1

Shadowfennekin

I only want to break into apartments to get the scared pussies hiding with bounties on their head.