2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Suicide is the cowards way out of a gun fight or smart playing?

Damned_Hitman

Damned_Hitman

.....has taken the easy way out....

Why do players do this?

Because they care too much about their precious KD!

Want to see an example of what I'm referring to.

Fast forward to about 4.55 of this video, basically you hold the interaction menu open whilst shooting, good RPG shots to be fair, but the suicide option is at the ready to prevent the other player getting a registered kill lol.

happygrowls

Because people are idiots, who care too much in free-roam about their K/D. If anything you should care about your K/D in a shooter game like Call of Duty. Not GTA.

CarimboHanky

while in freeroam battles i tend to use it not to get away from my opponent or to "protect" my meaningless KDr, i use it to get cops off me.

if we had a cop free lobby i would never choose the easy way out!

this options can be used to frustrate people too, specially if a group of people gang up against you, take cover, wait for them to get close *easy way out*

rinse and repeat!

• Like 5

If the cops are shooting the sh*t out of me right as a white dot is closing in I'll take the easy way out, but it's very rare.

Also if I have a high wanted level and don't feel like losing them I'll take the easy way out but I think that's pretty acceptable.

I don't understand why anyone would care about K/D ratio in GTA. It takes around 30 bullets to kill anyone if you're not getting a headshot, so why even bother. In COD it shows who's fastest and most accurate, in GTA it just shows who's the most stubborn and patient.

Edited by Dellers

RayB_ThrowaStack

I do this but with passive mode. I only kill players,who kill me first, then I kill them back once for payback. If they continue to attack me, I kill them each time and if I almost die I go to passive. Is that cheating? I dont just do it for the sake of doing it. I do it to piss off the griefers and keep them from getting their precious kills to up their KD. I dont even care about my KD.

• Like 1

Is it to keep their k/d? Perhaps its a way to keep the lead in the deathmatches with their opponents. Rub their nose in it etc. Personally ill do whatever it takes to make sure i get the last laugh. Usually do hehe

PS-GTAIVplayer

Some suicides are blunderers throwing a grenade which instead kills them, are marked as suicides. Apart from the hacker command, most suicides I've seen are blundered efforts at murder. They might get their target, but they are consumed in the explosion too.

Edited by PS-GTAIVplayer

ninjaontour

4uvEqtc.png

Seriously, this has been discussed to death.

People use it to piss others off and deny them kills.

/thread

• Like 10

AboveAndBeyoncé

I sometimes do it when being ganged up on so I can gain ground on them to a better position and to lose the cops.... Never for my KD I don't care about that neither here nor cod

Edited by AboveAndBeyoncé

Some do it for the KD but I would say most do it to troll you. They want to rob you of the satisfaction of killing them and basically tick you off at the same time.

I have used this alot when in a battle and I kill the guy but Im left with a small amount of health left and/or getting rapped by the cops. I hate getting shot up by the cops and the enemy pops out and takes the final shot and scores such an easy win. Ive never done it to troll though.

The guy in that video seems quite skilled, not just good RPG shots, he had some sweet multikills there.

I dont see the problem with it. I'll use it if the cops are on me, or if I have very low health against a group of people or a tank griefer.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to have a high k/d ratio either, some of the people who say that k/d in GTA doesn't matter probably just straight up suck ass at third-person shooters.

• Like 3

paperbagdude

I do it if I'm either injured or the cops are up my ass.

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

SkynetOnlineID

4uvEqtc.png

Seriously, this has been discussed to death.

People use it to piss others off and deny them kills.

/thread

Saving this picture for future use.

• Like 1

Depends on why you do it:

-If you get in a shootout,kill the enemy and get a wanted level,it´s ok to take the easy way out to lose a wanted level before the cops arrive and ruin the shootout.

-If you get in a shootout,kill the enemy,but lose some health,it´s ok to take the easy way out to restore your health so that when the enemy respawns,he/she doesn´t have an unfair advantage over you.

-If you take the easy way out when somebody starts shooting at you to avoid getting killed and to preserve K/D ratio,it´s not ok.

-If you take the easy way out to respawn at a different location and attack somebody from behind,it´s not ok.

Edited by LeopardGecko

sportbikepilot369

both this feature and passive mode need a 48 minute (24 hour game time) cooldown timer. And yet R* put a cool down timer on request personal vehicle because "f*ck us"

There's nothing wrong with wanting to have a high k/d ratio either, some of the people who say that k/d in GTA doesn't matter probably just straight up suck ass at third-person shooters.

Someone with a high KD ratio that resorts to suicide every chance they get is simply NOT fun to play with.

They are less likely to entertain me in a game thats meant to be entertaining when attacking me. They will resort to the lowest common possible way of getting kills and staying alive. And thats why they straight up suck at GTA.

They are simply a waste of time. And i have nothing but respect for players who attack my with some style and balls. Because at the end of they day, players with balls or a sense of humor are simply more fun to battle with.

So basically i respect a players style.. not his pointless KD ratio. Just because someone has a high KD ratrio does not mean they are good. Nor does alow KD ratio mean they suck. Mainly in GTA, a high KD ratio just means said player is a scurdy bitch in more ways then one.

• Like 1

RayB_ThrowaStack

My KD is 7.44. I'm level 46 & I never even looked at my KD till a few days ago when my friend pointed it out

Edited by REDDICE0818

when i self-defense aganist red/white-dots alike ( they pull the trigger first ) , they regretted when i was overpower them ( whetever i try to kill them in passive mode using car , they commit suicide over and over )

without a notice , i wind up K/D 12.15 and get blamed as a hacker ( they're level hundreds but i'm level 71 . they can spam RPG and use heavy sniper )

though i don't take K/D seriously , instead i " use " it as warning for assailant while i mind my own business

Edited by LanaSugoi

RayBanNeonColors420

The police are bitch and make ppl commit suicide from wht ive seen. I dnt think its a tactic, I think ppl are just getting the police off um.

What a bitch move :lol: . He needs to put the sniper rifles down and pick up a pistol.

Taking the easy way out shows how much of a coward you are. If you need to get your health back, just eat some snacks.

K/D doesn't matter if it's not legit.

I looked over his profile and it comes to no surprise that the Marksman, a gun that requires almost not skill to use, is his favorite.

Though I'd expect his K/D to be much higher than 2.32 since he seems to do what ever it takes to not die.

I myself am a try hard (2.62 KD / 967 Wins - 274 Losses) but never pull off cheap moves like that.

If I'm cornered by a group of players I take them head on even if it means dying.

Edited by REDDICE0818

Like others, I use it to get rid of the cops and wanted level. The cops ruin the purpose of pvp or free-roam warfare so f*ck em. How is it fair if you're concentrating on fighting another player when cops are shooting you in the back? It isn't, so commiting suicide is a very effective and honorable thing to do.

I also use it sometimes as a tactic when I'm cornered by a group of players, to deny them the kill and get to a better position.

Complaining about the police ruining gunfights is like complaining about a cook making you food. It's their job to take you down for puting the public in danger (even though they themselves do damage). If you want to fight, do a deathmatch where cops won't interrupt you.

Edited by REDDICE0818

Someone with a high KD ratio that resorts to suicide every chance they get is simply NOT fun to play with.

They are less likely to entertain me in a game thats meant to be entertaining when attacking me. They will resort to the lowest common possible way of getting kills and staying alive. And thats why they straight up suck at GTA.

They are simply a waste of time. And i have nothing but respect for players who attack my with some style and balls. Because at the end of they day, players with balls or a sense of humor are simply more fun to battle with.

So basically i respect a players style.. not his pointless KD ratio. Just because someone has a high KD ratrio does not mean they are good. Nor does alow KD ratio mean they suck. Mainly in GTA, a high KD ratio just means said player is a scurdy bitch in more ways then one.

I wasn't implying that it's okwy to commit suicide in order to keep your KD high, just that it's okay for players to want to have a high KD. Some people take pride in it, as dumb as that sounds, but it's true. Kinda like those who are proud of their gamerscore and all.

• Like 1

Who cares how anyone plays? like just play the game and try to have some fun. It is only a game after all. I use any and all options given to me to take someone down and I have fun doing so.

• Like 2

Shadowfennekin

I only use it when I'm about to get gangbanhed by a MC crew to get away or if cops are literally on my ass sideswiping me off the road and into corners so I can't get away. Death by cops is the worst

When I'm in a gun fight with somebody I do classify them as a pussy if I see their K/D is over 1.5

Who cares how anyone plays? like just play the game and try to have some fun. It is only a game after all. I use any and all options given to me to take someone down and I have fun doing so.

... Moral of the story.

People who think suicide is a 'fun' or a 'good' option are not on the same side of the fence as someone who thinks its cowardly and stupid.

Having suicide highlighted and ready to use while shooting at a player is something that EVERYONE can use. Im just happy that alot of people don't

People who use it think they are smart. People who see it being used who choose not to play like that see it as being a bitch..

I could use it... never do. never will. Just don't give a sh*t about dying. Im in it for the thrill.