2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Can you be banned for using basic retextures Online?

DerpCat

LightningLord

I know using mods and certain fov mods can (maybe) get players banned online, but can using simple re-textures get players banned online?

Example, I made a thread recently about a simple texture change request, I believe this is safe to use on the steam version of the game.....am I correct?

No. Any form of modding can get you banned from GTA Online.

• Like 4

IcOqQpq.gif

You're modifying game files, textures or parametres, I'm sure it will ring alarm bells, depending how good the anti-cheat is.

CrysisAverted

Listen son, any kind of miodding is not ok on PC, should have just gotten an old PS3 if you wanted to mod online, I hear you can getaway with rape on there.

You're modifying game files, textures or parametres, I'm sure it will ring alarm bells, depending how good the anti-cheat is.

Then he has nothing to worry about.. Because lets be honest.. When was the last time you heard someone being banned for using a trainer?

I know using mods and certain fov mods can (maybe) get players banned online, but can using simple re-textures get players banned online?

Example, I made a thread recently about a simple texture change request, I believe this is safe to use on the steam version of the game.....am I correct?

Well thats stupid....textures do nothing. Its just making a brown seat on a bike black, how will that get anyone banned? How do they even check for color changes in the game? I'm not even talking about a remodel here, just a visual color change.

Edited by DerpCat

Well thats stupid....textures do nothing. Its just making a brown seat on a bike black, how will that get anyone banned? How do they even check for color changes in the game? I'm not even talking about a remodel here, just a visual color change.

because it can easily be some textures that let you see through anything

doesn't matter how much is changed, R* has some at least some basic stuff that bans not so sneaky scripthook users so beware

Edited by thecharrr

Again, not talking about that. 1 color to another, on a seat. R* cant tell the bloody difference.

Edited by DerpCat

doesn't matter how much is changed, R* has some at least some basic stuff that bans not so sneaky scripthook users so beware

Again, not talking about that. 1 color to another, on a seat. R* cant tell the bloody difference.

they can

LightningLord

Yeah, I agree. I got a mod that removes rust and worn metal from cars on my copy of GTA V PC. Too bad I can't use it online. Kind of stupid, honestly.

IcOqQpq.gif

they can

prove it. Because so far, players are running around with trainers and using CE to mod in money.

they can

prove it. Because so far, players are running around with trainers and using CE to mod in money.

There's a workaround to the script checker, and scripts to clear reports on them and "unban" themselves. I know some hacking players and they talk about how they do it. Edited by thecharrr

they can

There's a workaround to the script checker, and scripts to clear reports on them and "unban" themselves. I know some hacking players and they talk about how they do it.

That doesnt even answer my question in; how R* can tell if a texture file is brown or black in color?

Edited by DerpCat

they can

There's a workaround to the script checker, and scripts to clear reports on them and "unban" themselves. I know some hacking players and they talk about how they do it.

That doesnt even answer my question in; how R* can tell if a texture file is brown or black in color?

When you modify a file, the hashes/signatures are changed. It depends how the anti-cheat works, and if it scans files to match.

Well, I dont care at the moment, anyone do skins for this game yet mind taking on that request?

they can

That doesnt even answer my question in; how R* can tell if a texture file is brown or black in color?They don't look at what the new texture is; they look at the fact it was modified at all. They don't have to examine the texture themselves, just see that you changed it.

That being said, I have no idea if they actually check that.

You won't get banned. There's no anti cheat on this planet that detects modified textures.

I don't think it would matter if only you saw them, atleast, that's how some MMOs are...

Yeah, I agree. I got a mod that removes rust and worn metal from cars on my copy of GTA V PC. Too bad I can't use it online. Kind of stupid, honestly.

You know why it's stupid? Because it's wrong. It's a cosmetic, not a something script based. Enjoy your texture mods and quit lying. :)

So no, you WILL NOT get banned for using textures.

Edited by theNGclan

LightningLord

Whoa, really? I always thought any form of modding could get you banned.

IcOqQpq.gif

MeatSafeMurderer

Well then...I guess I'll just make a a bunch of my building textures pure alpha...banless wallhacks? I think not...

Well then...I guess I'll just make a a bunch of my building textures pure alpha...banless wallhacks? I think not...

Point me in the direction of someone who would spend that much time to do that. What could a wallhack POSSIBLY do for you?

Guess what- There's a radar in the game that tells you where everyone is. Is that cheating?

Quit bullsh*tting. If you're against modding in any way shape or form play the Next Gen version. No mods, no worries. Cos were so meen 2 u legit playrs we have texchurs!!!!11eleven

Edited by theNGclan
  • Like 2

Considering you seem to not even know there's a radar that shows where other players are, I doubt you'd even be able to download OpenIV and make alpha textures :p

• Like 2

MeatSafeMurderer

Point me in the direction of someone who would spend that much time to do that. What could a wallhack POSSIBLY do for you?

Guess what- There's a radar in the game that tells you where everyone is. Is that cheating?

Quit bullsh*tting. If you're against modding in any way shape or form play the Next Gen version. No mods, no worries. Cos were so meen 2 u legit playrs we have texchurs!!!!11eleven

I realize there is a radar and that "wallhacks" would achieve very little, it was an example. I also am not against modding...but rather I am advising against the OP modifying his RPFs since if R* is worth their salt they will have a hash check on every RPF loaded. If that's the case it means sweet FA if the mod is malicious or not, it could get you banned. I don't *know* if that is the case...I kinda doubt it, this is R* we're talking about...but considering all the checks they put on the PS3/360 versions it's not impossible. Edited by MeatSafeMurderer

They can't tell if your texture mods are making certain things neon green to stand out and give you an unfair advantage or if it's legitimate, so it all falls under modified files and that's it. That's all they care about, and for good reason.

I realize there is a radar and that "wallhacks" would achieve very little, it was an example. I also am not against modding...but rather I am advising against the OP modifying his RPFs since if R* is worth their salt they will have a hash check on every RPF loaded. If that's the case it means sweet FA if the mod is malicious or not, it could get you banned. I don't *know* if that is the case...I kinda doubt it, this is R* we're talking about...but considering all the checks they put on the PS3/360 versions it's not impossible.

The latest OpenIV ASI support swapping so you won't replace core files.

• Like 1

TeammateHelper

From this thread:

You can get banned for changing your seat color.

Too bad. Dump that bike and get a Pegassi Bati.

Nope. Just use the OpenIV ASI and copy the required x64 rpf to the mods folder (make the mods folder). ONLY edit the duplicate in the mods folder as OIV will load that one instead of the clean, original one.

Because lets be honest.. When was the last time you heard someone being banned for using a trainer?

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif