2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The Lag Switch...

TheComedianIsDead

TheComedianIsDead

Is this merely a harmless tool that is actually helpful to the entire GTAO community, or is it a tool of the Devil that devalues the rarity of Event items and discounts hard, in-game work??

Discuss.

Edited by TheComedianIsDead

If you have to use exploits, trainers or other external methods to get the edge over other players, you should learn to get better at the game.

Red Lynx 23

Lag switch's when a crate is set to drop. No way they can be as bad as whatever is causing crate pickups to not save for some of the people that get crates.

Red Lynx 23

Dp.

Edited by Red Lynx 23

Giantsgiants

In my opinion, using a lagswitch to get a special crate isn't cheating. If you think it is, then by that logic, am I cheating if I'm crate hunting using my crappy wi-fi that naturally splits the lobby every so often?

• Like 1

In my opinion, using a lagswitch to get a special crate isn't cheating. If you think it is, then by that logic, am I cheating if I'm crate hunting using my crappy wi-fi that naturally splits the lobby every so often?

If you're only only using a lag switch in order to gain the purposeful unfair advantage over other players then you are blatantly cheating, whereas The crappy WiFi signal isnt purposeful, I'm guessing.

OP, why does the use of lag-switches bother you so much? :lol:

In every thread I've seen you in today, you've bragged about your "legit" crate pickups and whined about how using a lag-switch is wrong. It has no effect on anyone else other the person using it and it certainly doesn't effect you. If you like getting your crates the old fashion way, that's fine, but leave us lag-switch users to it and quit crying.

It's just a game. :rol: ;)

SkynetOnlineID

I got kicked into story mode 1 mile away from a special crate with no one around. That rarely happens to me. I was even in the lobby for around 10 minutes waiting for the crate to drop.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm having issues trying to get into any public lobby right now.

Giantsgiants

I got kicked into story mode 1 mile away from a special crate with no one around. That rarely happens to me. I was even in the lobby for around 10 minutes waiting for the crate to drop.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm having issues trying to get into any public lobby right now.

I was able to get all the shirts for my male without any problems.

But now I'm going for them with my female, and well, the empty lobbies are back for me again.

I don't know how to "lag switch" but this happened to me today, I was left as the only player in the lobby with a special crate about to drop when everyone "left" all at once.

Pretty awesome lol

Edited by BaRe 2G

the nameless

You'll just never convince some people that lag switches are not effecting them. Rockstars servers are poo, when they have an event weekend I am sure there is going to be more players online pushing the servers to/past their limits - they can kick you out for no reason at the best of times, when they have an influx of traffic even the best connections can get kicked.

I want the stuff, I don't want the hastle - simple.

I was going to post this in the share your stories thread - a little something for the anti lag switch brigade. I was in a lobby when a 3 hour warning popped up, so I grabbed my laptop, opened it up and firefox closed itself, then it said "windows is preparing updates, don't turn off", restarted itself and by the time it came back on, the crate had been dropped miles away with people racing to it. Got my eye wiped with that one.

the nameless

What's a lag switch?

A program for your pc that lags the internet that it and your console are connected to, if you get the right amount of lag then you get split from the lobby you are in - from your side, everyone leaves, from their side, you leave. The crate stays in both and someone from the other side (where everyone left) can get it, and you can get yours. If you use too much lag it just kicks you from online saying "unknown connection error, please return to gta V".

TheComedianIsDead

In every thread I've seen you in today, you've bragged about your "legit" crate pickups and whined about how using a lag-switch is wrong. It has no effect on anyone else other the person using it and it certainly doesn't effect you. If you like getting your crates the old fashion way, that's fine, but leave us lag-switch users to it and quit crying.

"Every thread" being one thread...as I'm trying to stay on topic to get back on the good side with mods..

Here's the deal...I made this thread as a DISCUSSION with my opinions cast aside in order to get a gist of the general feelings of the community, but since you want to post out my personal opinion:

I played "legit" for 3-4 hours today and gained just as much as "lag-switch" users, according to posts I've seen here in GTAF. When you lag switch to acquire limited edition items, you do, indeed, discount the value of these items for those of us who shoot at and fend off 5 players to EARN that shirt. This sh*t is MEANT to be earned, not lag switched and acquired because you have "work/finals". I have the same circumstances, but I MADE TIME to play the game and EARN the items that are meant to be EARNED.

Inthe long run, whether it affects me or not, the way you earn these items displays LEAPS AND BOUNDS the kind of GTAO player you actually are. And, I'd rather earn my keep than be spoiled.

"Every thread" being one thread...as I'm trying to stay on topic to get back on the good side with mods..

Here's the deal...I made this thread as a DISCUSSION with my opinions cast aside in order to get a gist of the general feelings of the community, but since you want to post out my personal opinion:

I played "legit" for 3-4 hours today and gained just as much as "lag-switch" users, according to posts I've seen here in GTAF. When you lag switch to acquire limited edition items, you do, indeed, discount the value of these items for those of us who shoot at and fend off 5 players to EARN that shirt. This sh*t is MEANT to be earned, not lag switched and acquired because you have "work/finals". I have the same circumstances, but I MADE TIME to play the game and EARN the items that are meant to be EARNED.

Inthe long run, whether it affects me or not, the way you earn these items displays LEAPS AND BOUNDS the kind of GTAO player you actually are. And, I'd rather earn my keep than be spoiled.

r u ok buddy

TheComedianIsDead

For a community that's so opposed to cheating, you all sound like hypocrites to me.

Don't be mad that I did what you all did WITHOUT the use of outside tools. It only proves you're a subpar player, so I understand your distain.

• Like 3

I disagree. Its just a T-shirt not like they are giving away special weapons. WHy should one guy have a shirt and the next guy cant have one because he happened to be unable to get a crate.

Weapons should be earned but tshirts ehh. Just because you are obviously a bad ass player doesnt mean everyone is going to be as good as you : o)

Edited by StangOne50
  • Like 1

85 Diplomat

What's a lag switch?

A program for your pc that lags the internet that it and your console are connected to, if you get the right amount of lag then you get split from the lobby you are in - from your side, everyone leaves, from their side, you leave. The crate stays in both and someone from the other side (where everyone left) can get it, and you can get yours. If you use too much lag it just kicks you from online saying "unknown connection error, please return to gta V".

Is that why I see players jumping all over the screen. Especially she driving them seem to teleport all over the place

TheComedianIsDead

I disagree. Its just a T-shirt not like they are giving away special weapons. WHy should one guy have a shirt and the next guy cant have one because he happened to be unable to get a crate.

Weapons should be earned but tshirts ehh. Just because you are obviously a bas ass player doesnt mean everyone is going to be as good as you : o)

I fully agree with the last part of your statement, so why should someone less badass than myself be able to "glitch" a shirt that I earned to wear as a badge of honor, when they didn't earn it at all?! It makes said shirt "less special", ya dig??

Your point is null and void, no matter how many times you repeat it.

You cheated to get your sh*t, and I earned it. Don't be sad that you wasted all that time on a Lag Switch download.

• Like 2

CarimboHanky

Is this merely a harmless tool that is actually helpful to the entire GTAO community, or is it a tool of the Devil that devalues the rarity of Event items and discounts hard, in-game work??

Discuss.

why are lagswitchs such a hot topic today?

seem like some noob-legits just find out about this thing and have been crying foul all day!

like i said in another thread earlier...

the use of lagswitch is a bitch in PvP situation, in crate drops is ok, youre not harming no one, youre nit affecting no one!

Edited by CarimboHanky
  • Like 3

TheComedianIsDead

Discuss.

why are lagswitchs such a hot topic today?

seem like some noob-legits just find out about this thing and have been crying foul all day!

"Noob-legit". LMMFAO!!!!

TheComedianIsDead

Weapons should be earned but tshirts ehh. Just because you are obviously a bas ass player doesnt mean everyone is going to be as good as you : o)

I fully agree with the last part of your statement, so why should someone less badass than myself be able to "glitch" a shirt that I earned to wear as a badge of honor, when they didn't earn it at all?! It makes said shirt "less special", ya dig??

Your point is null and void, no matter how many times you repeat it.

You cheated to get your sh*t, and I earned it. Don't be sad that you wasted all that time on a Lag Switch download.

your right i cheated to get a couple tshirts i will never wear. But it took me an hour to your 3 or 4 hours so the time wasted was yours lol

btw. pros dont use downloaded lagswitches

Awesome. I EARNED that sh*t so it wasn't time wasted...and in between Crate Drops I was cashing bank in the Event Playlist. So, yeah...waste of time my ass.

And, pros don't use lag switches...period.

TheComedianIsDead

Wahhhf*ckinwahhhhhh

You okay, man?? Need a baba????

For future notice, "wahhhhf*ckingwahhhh" is never a good reason for being a cheating slimeball.

CarimboHanky

#LagSwitchMasterRace

Wahhhf*ckinwahhhhhh

You okay, man?? Need a baba????

For future notice, "wahhhhf*ckingwahhhh" is never a good reason for being a cheating slimeball.

3788030+_3f3ee202a5747bdbc7b9268de964f43

TheComedianIsDead

My satisfaction of EARNED Limited Avalibility items...even MORE delicious.

Troll on, Cheater!!!