2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Good news for solo players

Garland137

I don't know if it's because of the event weekend or just the update in general, but I'm now seeing a ton of free roam events in invite only sessions. Several times I started one and within 5 minutes saw a smuggler plane, destroy car target, or Simeon high priority vehicle. Previously, I'd be lucky to see an armoured truck after an hour.

As someone who prefers the modder/griefer free peace of invite only sessions, this is a good change. Also might be a good option for those of you trying to get the awards for doing these activities.

Confirmed for:

--solo sessions

--solo play in invite only sessions

--solo play in closed friends sessions

Edited by Garland137

I made $120,000+ within 30 minutes because I kept getting smuggler planes back to back.

• Like 2

I just had a bunch of different events, but stopped at the Lester distraction. Not a fan of that one.

KashKashMania

Same here. And it was always one after another with about 5 minutes in between. I haven't seen an armored car in months and haven't seen any of these since i started playing again last week.

This happened last time they increased the crate drops but it didn't last long at all. Hopefully this time its permanent.

Furry_Monkey

I just had a bunch of different events, but stopped at the Lester distraction. Not a fan of that one.

Get on a roof with no access (use a helicopter, hydra or parachute), then you only have to take on the odd helicopter, which only takes 2 bullets from your heavy sniper to the rear rotor. It's one of the easiest bits of money in the game.

Just out of curiosity, are we talking about solo or invite only?

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 2

It's been this way for a looong time.

This is a lie from the pit of hell

Spoken like a true weekend warrior.

In that case, I hope the infinite armor truck glitch is back

its not, but that was the time where they changed the amount of people needed in session for the events to occur.....it's been like this for a while, people simply don't take notice.

:(

Edited by TreFacTor

Just out of curiosity, are we talking about solo or invite only?

I said solo, but what I actually meant was playing solo in an invite only session. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

manitouscott

This is a lie from the pit of hell

Spoken like a true weekend warrior.

Wait, does GTAO work on weekdays? Cuz I saw on reddit that weekdays the servers shut down so rockstar could do maintenance?

DeadMoonNight

Good to hear. Invite only is a nice change of pace especially if you just want to get in and out of jobs with little distractions. Seems that loading times are faster too but maybe thats just me. I hope these events still occur frequently after the weekend cuz I'll be looking for those crates and wont be doing in invite only til the event is over.

Ai®a©ob®a

No it hasn't it wasn't til this update when it become more active

Someone will find the patch notes and make you look stupid....I have better things to do.

Put me on your ignore list.

Ai®a©ob®a

Someone will find the patch notes and make you look stupid....I have better things to do.

Not everything is in the patch note just like the car selling limit wasn't in them

Good to hear. Invite only is a nice change of pace especially if you just want to get in and out of jobs with little distractions. Seems that loading times are faster too but maybe thats just me. I hope these events still occur frequently after the weekend cuz I'll be looking for those crates and wont be doing in invite only til the event is over.

It's not just you. Loading times are faster. I switched to invite only sessions about 70 levels ago when I realized the data of other players in public servers increases load times exponentially. I've never looked back. It's a shame really that the load times are such an issue. But there are so many perks to invite only. Such peace to do what I wanted to do!

On topic, this is what I got in about an hour and a half of play earlier. I was in the clothes store trying new outfits, but I kept having to leave for this stuff! By far the luckiest morning for me in GTA:

Distract Cops (missed)

smuggler plane

armored truck

smuggler plane

baller sale

high priority vehicle

distract cops

distract cops

armored truck (missed)

target vehicle

armored truck

armored truck

high priority vehicle

smuggler plane

high priority vehicle

smuggler plane

baller sale

target vehicle

I missed a couple because like I say, my attention was on my outfits, I kept having to leave when I saw another event. It was insane. The icing on the cake was by the end of this I had done two dailys before even checking what they were, mod a car and steal 5 vehicles. Then I checked what the last one was. Complete a contact mission. Awesome!

• Like 3

Not everything is in the patch note just like the car selling limit wasn't in them

ignore list dude....ignore list...this is in an earlier update whether you want to admit it or no...it was published.

ignore list dude....ignore list...this is in an earlier update whether you want to admit it or no...it was published.

Im with Troubador. I play every day in invite only sessions and yesterday morning was INSANE. This is a new thing to get so many events, whether related to the patch or not. I've never had a streak of events like yesterday morning. That list was in about an hour and a half. I couldnt do what I was trying to do because of so many smuggler planes etc

ignore list dude....ignore list...this is in an earlier update whether you want to admit it or no...it was published.I've been playing invite only sessions--by myself--since PC launched, and never seen any free roam activities aside from very rare armoured trucks. It's definitely new. Maybe it's tied to the crate weekend, but since this is the first one on PC it's new to me. Edited by Garland137

ignore list dude....ignore list...this is in an earlier update whether you want to admit it or no...it was published.I've been playing invite only sessions--by myself--since PC launched, and never seen any free roam activities aside from very rare armoured trucks. It's definitely new. Maybe it's tied to the crate weekend, but since this is the first one on PC it's new to me.

ignore list me.

"Since pc launch"....I have two level 500 characters legit, but f*ck it I don't play enough to notice this sh*t right.

Edited by TreFacTor