2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Showered in bags of money? WTF?

EffinNoob

2 times this evening...One walking into AmmuNationa nd the other outside of my garage I was showered with bags of money. The time outside of my garage I had this Green haired guy riding on my back and my ride turned chrome. What the hell is this? Some kind of bug or am I being targeted by hackers? I do not want to be banned by some BS trollers. How can I protect myself here? Thanks in advance for the response.

blackroseMD1

2 times this evening...One walking into AmmuNationa nd the other outside of my garage I was showered with bags of money. The time outside of my garage I had this Green haired guy riding on my back and my ride turned chrome. What the hell is this? Some kind of bug or am I being targeted by hackers? I do not want to be banned by some BS trollers. How can I protect myself here? Thanks in advance for the response.

Yeah, sounds like hackers. I'd just contact R* and let them know what happened.

Shnockered1

This among many other reasons, is why I won't even consider online. I haven't played any game online in years. WAY too many punks out there for my tolerance.

This among many other reasons, is why I won't even consider online. I haven't played any game online in years. WAY too many punks out there for my tolerance.

Lol. Caveman

Enjoy your money. Rockstar doesn't give a sh*t. They wont take it out of your account. Enjoy the money that you got.

• Like 4

Enjoy your money. Rockstar doesn't give a sh*t. They wont take it out of your account. Enjoy the money that you got.

actually thats not true, they do sweeps on their anti cheat system they said, even if u have the money for now u can get busted in a week or later so dont pretend u can just buy nice cars for the money and pretend nothing happend... i got 6 mil a few days ago from a hacker i was honest contacted rockstar about it and i got a bonus from them at 500, 000$ for my honesty... when u get money from hackers its best to contact them and have it removed because the system will detect sooner or later thats impossible that u suddenly got so much money in your account.

• Like 1

i dont think there anti cheat system works. the moneybags only contain 40k, there for there is a new transaction for every 40k. if a bag would contain say, one million, you would probably get busted.

This is why gtav user metacritic score is dropping every single day. Rockstar NEEDS to make gtaonline a seperate game. That way they can directly BLOCK user mods entirely for online and allow all the mod lovers to use their stupid sh*t in gtav singleplayer only

• Like 3

DentureDynamite

Pretty well nails it; cheaters spewing money bags are in almost every session now...and the last two times I reported the incidents to R*, they didn't remove the money.

Honestly, this last over-inflated update is IMO a direct response from R* for all the money flooding going on.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the system is borked at the root level, and until R* addresses it, it won't get any better. At the end of the day, R*'s "hot fixes" and ban waves are arguably little more than speed bumps for cheaters.

Edited by DentureDynamite

Cheaters spewing money bags are in almost every session now...and the last two times I reported the incidents to R*, they didn't remove the money.

Honestly, this last over-inflated update is IMO a direct response from R* for all the money flooding going on.

The system is borked at the root level, and until R* changes it, it won't get any better. "Fixes" and banwaves from R* are clearly nothing more than speed bumps for cheaters.

Agreed.

The only way to avoid money being given to you is to stay in a vehicle by the way..... damn hackers. :facedesk:

johnc21turbo

A crime happening in a game based on crime imo is legit ????? I got showered the other day with 9 million it was coming out the roof of my karuma while driving "ahwell nowt I can do apart from spend it", I do wish however we could share with everyone as I'd give it away to lower lvl players

Edited by johnc21turbo
  • Like 1

actually thats not true, they do sweeps on their anti cheat system they said, even if u have the money for now u can get busted in a week or later so dont pretend u can just buy nice cars for the money and pretend nothing happend... i got 6 mil a few days ago from a hacker i was honest contacted rockstar about it and i got a bonus from them at 500, 000$ for my honesty... when u get money from hackers its best to contact them and have it removed because the system will detect sooner or later thats impossible that u suddenly got so much money in your account.

Really? I want you to explain why Rockstar didn't seem to give a sh*t one way or another when I made a report about a modder giving me modded money. Here is a screenshot of the ticket that I created, and the response I got from them.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/794627-now-i-know-rockstar-support-is-high-on-toilet-cleaner/

I seem to be spending half of my time online reporting hackers/glitchers.

I can't wait until these bottom feeders get bored and stop playing altogether so legitimate players can enjoy what GTA V is supposed to be.

I said it before and i'll say it again. I didn't buy GTA to end up being spoon fed money that ego maniacs believe will do me good.

I've almost been tempted to go back to PS3 where these idiots weren't so rife. Hackers are ruining legitimate gameplay. There really is no lower form.

Edited by MrTay

I seem to be spending half of my time online reporting hackers/glitchers.

I can't wait until these bottom feeders get bored and stop playing altogether so legitimate players can enjoy what GTA V is supposed to be.

I said it before and i'll say it again. I didn't buy GTA to end up being spoon fed money that ego maniacs believe will do me good.

I've almost been tempted to go back to PS3 where these idiots weren't so rife. Hackers are ruining legitimate gameplay. There really is no lower form.

PS3 is no better than PC.

Unless you have a group of friends to play with, most public lobbies are plagued by people using mod menus to generate money, kill indiscriminately, and just be downright annoying.

In other words, you bought the most crime filled game in the history of gaming to play cleanly? Yeah ok, makes sense.

Not.

Theblackoutgow

So because he bought a game filled with crime and killing and sh*t like that he should have to deal with script kiddies spawning ufo's in the sky and have cars that shoot rockets? Come on now stop being so dense. Also, in regards to the money you should be completely fine I've received probably over 70 million and I've been completely fine. The only time I was banned was when using cheat-engine before to modify the value of how much you can sell a car. The money you pick up actually goes towards money earned from missions on the social club stats page which makes it seem a lot more legitimate.

lol so the money bags are already appearing three days after the update? oh well, serves them right for implementing literally zero security in their netcode.

GTA Online is ruined, I wouldn't even bother playing it. Some guys forced gave me like 1.5 million by spawning money bags on top of me and I pretty much stopped after that - getting a bunch of free money randomly completely ruins the progression of everything. No point in playing missions for money when some hacker will just shower you in money.

In other words, you bought the most crime filled game in the history of gaming to play cleanly? Yeah ok, makes sense.
Not.
yeah but the crime is actually part of the game, the hacking is a nice little side effect of all the scumbags that play it - somehow i don't think your post makes sense lmfao

I have basically given up on playing online due to the modders. All they do is kill you every time you spawn or they take control of your car and launch you into the air.

Kaito Katsumi

Out of the 24 hours i spent online, only one session i was in contained hackers. Which i only spent like 10 minutes in there.