2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Name a movie that you like/love but everybody else hates.

Big Gta fan

Big Gta fan

Just like how the title have said

with some rules

1-No arguments

2-Don't name the same movie that was already mentioned

3-Don't insult anyone

4-No off topic comments,focus on the topic only

5-Mention why you like/love this movie (optional)

that's it for now.

For me it have to be,spider man 3,why?

if we cut down the stupid moments of the movie,and appreciate of what we have in this 2 hours movie,instead of what we wanted to have,then i think we had a pretty good sequel,the action was great and memorable,the characters were good and some were decent,the villain imo did it's job,it was total threat,sandman was great,the movie had lots of good moments and also memorable,and the story was good.

i actually prefer spider man 3 over the amazing spiderman 1 and 2,that's not mean they are bad movies,1 was decent,2 was very good but it suffer some issues,like how the villains didn't have much screen time,even spider man 3 had more than that,and everybody hating on it.

universetwisters

I dunno how long this'll last but I'll bite.

>New Kids Turbo
>New Kids Nitro

>Fat Pizza

Scarface187

Spring Breakers is a good pick.

Why? Because I can understand why people would hate it.

Edited by Scarface187
user posted image

Jaws 2, 3, and The Revenge. Ok, so they're pretty crappy movies. But they're classics in a goofy kind of way.

KillerQueen.gifZfyQr7F.png

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Yea I said it.

It was a fun action movie. Yea it f*cked Deadpool up, but Ryan Reynolds played it well, which opened the doors for him to return and play the part in the upcoming movie.

Liev Schreiber was fan-f*cking-tastic as Sabretooth; one of the highlights of the movie.

Danny Huston was a pretty damn good Stryker.

Comic book diehards condemn it, but it's no where near as terrible as people make it seem. Hell, it's not even the worst superhero movie Reynolds has been in(Green Lantern).

• Like 3

Big Gta fan

IBUCKEYE:Agreed.

Note:there is lots of comic book die hards bashing everything if it wasn't like the comics,despite the best comic book movies aren't 100% on comics(the dark knight-spider man 2)

when turning a comic book to a movie,don't you want to be more like a movie than a comic book?

Edited by Big Gta fan

Lake Placid. I get why people hate it, too.

• Like 1

All the Transformers movies. A lot of people liked the first one, but then for some reason all the sequels received ridiculously low scores. I don't understand why. They are some of the worst reviewed movies, but I think they are all great and fun to watch. Love them all and Michael Bay did an excellent job imo. Looking forward to the fifth one coming 2017.

• Like 3

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

Watchmen, and i was even a fan of the comics before.

(silently waits for someone to agree on how good Watchmen was)

• Like 2

Big Gta fan

Are you f*cking kidding me?

who can hate this movie?

that movie imo better than v for ventteda

Edited by Big Gta fan

Star Wars Prequels,thy were ok to me. And I did watch old movies before. That Jar-Jar was kinda annoying but I don't understand all the hate on the rest of the movies.

Alien 3 and 4. I actually first watched third movie and after that I wanted to watch rest of them. And for some reason most of the people watched only Cameron's movie and not the others,and I have feeling that they are more Space Marines fans than Alien fans.

Matrix 2 and 3,they wasn't that bad to me.Good action and everything,and not that different than the first one.

• Like 3

Big Gta fan

Agreed on the matrix 2 and 3,i actually enjoyed them a lot,but still the matrix one is better.

Star Wars Episode 3: The f*ckening of the prequel trilogy universe.

I don't actually remember what it was called. Probably return of the sith or something. But I liked that one.

All the Transformers movies. A lot of people liked the first one, but then for some reason all the sequels received ridiculously low scores. I don't understand why. They are some of the worst reviewed movies, but I think they are all great and fun to watch. Love them all and Michael Bay did an excellent job imo. Looking forward to the fifth one coming 2017.

I'm with you on this one, W2B.

Big Gta fan

I love the first transforums movie,the third was decent,other than that,i didn't like it at all

anyway michael bay can direct,if anyone have watched the movie pain and gain,you will know how good this director is,he is just under appreciating himself.

Creed Bratton

Watchmen, and i was even a fan of the comics before.

(silently waits for someone to agree on how good Watchmen was)

I thought that the movie did a few things better than the graphic novel. Mainly

Ozymandias' plan. Making Dr. Manhattan the big threat is just better storytelling IMO.

I love that movie.

As for the movie that I like, yet most people that I talked to seem to hate is Constantine. Yes, that's the one with Keanu Reeves.

I love the first transforums movie,the third was decent,other than that,i didn't like it at all

anyway michael bay can direct,if anyone have watched the movie pain and gain,you will know how good this director is,he is just under appreciating himself.

He also made Bad Boys. I loooove Bad Boys. So Michael Bay gets a bit of a pass in my book.

Edited by The Yokel
  • Like 1

Big Gta fan

First bad boys was great,the second is very underrated

Spaghetti Cat

Here we go, are you ready?

Indy Jones and the Crystal Skull

Crappy story, but fantastic director. If you just watch it in scenes rather than as a whole it's pretty good. Beginning opens up great, even that one part if you can get past the silliness. Very good direction, good editing, excellent score. Just that script part, ugg.

• Like 2

No Image Available

Big Gta fan

agreed,but that alien stuff tho

Star Wars Prequels,thy were ok to me. And I did watch old movies before. That Jar-Jar was kinda annoying but I don't understand all the hate on the rest of the movies.

The thing with the Star Wars prequels is that if you dont pay attention they seem ok.... But if someone starts pointing you out their flaws then youll realize how awful those movies where and you wont be able to enjoy them anymore. :D

Mr Plinket reviews do it flawlessly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcXyZn9xjg&list=PLJ_TJFLc25JTwinvdLo4PP2rTFfTd9Uhz&index=1

But its 90 minutes long XD and im too lazy to write an abridged version right now.

The worst thing about Star Wars is Hayden Christensen. They couldn't have picked a worse actor. I still love all the movies though (except for that romantic crap in the prequels)

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

Algonquin Assassin

This is based on the critics giving it a bad/average score rather than other people not liking it.

So for me it's Pawn Shop Chronicles. It got average review scores, but I loved it. How many times do you see Brendan Frasier as a washed up Elvis impersonator, Elijah Wood as a pervert and Paul Walker as a methhead redneck all at the same time?

It actually has quite a line up with Matt Dillon, Thomas Jane, DJ Qualls etc. Very underrated IMO.

• Like 1

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Ive gotta say, not being from the 70-80s, that most people i know hate the star wars origonal trilogy.

Always saying things like "wow there so old and bad... Not as cool fight scenes..."

They may not have the best fight scenes or graphical effects, but they are amazing films.

Especially if your doing a marathon of the saga, then you get to see that really, its the prequal trilogy you want to hate.

Not saying i dont like the prequals, but recently i realised young ani is extremly annoying.

The Amazing Spider-Man 1

I can understand people disliking 2, but I don't understand some of the people's reasonings for disliking the first one

Note:there is lots of comic book die hards bashing everything if it wasn't like the comics,despite the best comic book movies aren't 100% on comics(the dark knight-spider man 2)

when turning a comic book to a movie,don't you want to be more like a movie than a comic book?

For the first point, it's not really to make it 100% to the comics, just retain the comic book feel. I'm meh about Xmen Origins though, I enjoyed it back when I was a little kid, but now it's just hard for me to enjoy it like I used to. Maybe it was after watching The Wolverine

For the second point, that depends on who you're asking. I personally, when I watch a comic book movie, want to feel like I'm reading it page for page, always wondering what'll happen next (it's why I still love the avengers to this day)

Edited by Dbzk1999

Big Gta fan

@Dbzk1999:without reading the comic,i thought the movie was very good,people keep bashing it till this date because they f*cked up dead pool,i didn't see it was that big of a problem

the dark knight and spider man 2 have so many differences (that's what i have heard like a lot)

As for the point two,this point still stands,when a comic turns into a movie,then it have to be a movie than a comic book

Avengers is very good,but sometimes i think it gets little boring to me,that's why i prefer others marvel movies over it.

@Dbzk1999:without reading the comic,i thought the movie was very good,people keep bashing it till this date because they f*cked up dead pool,i didn't see it was that big of a problem

the dark knight and spider man 2 have so many differences (that's what i have heard like a lot)

As for the point two,this point still stands,when a comic turns into a movie,then it have to be a movie than a comic book

Avengers is very good,but sometimes i think it gets little boring to me,that's why i prefer others marvel movies over it.

When you take a character like dead pool and do that (turn him into Baraka from mk). Yeah that's all I'll say on barakapool

I agreed with your point, it should be a movie, but it should still retain the feel of the comic book

It worked with the dark knight because of who it was about (batman), it retained that feel

It worked with spider man 2 because of the story it was basing it off of (along with doc ock), retained that feel

It worked with the avengers because it could also retain the feel of the comic

Same with CA:TWS (still one of my favorite marvel movie)

It's a movie, but it should still retain the feel of the comic it's drawing inspiration from

Big Gta fan

Really,i thought x men oirgins also retain the feel of the comic book,even without reading a comic book,it felt like one.

Are you trying to say,that you would rather a movie retain the "feel" of the comic than a movie which is like the comics with no major differences???

I agree spiderman 2 is retain the feel of a comic book,but what i also know is,it's not exact like the comic book itself.

actually the amazing spider man series is more faithful to the comics than the old ones.

Edited by Big Gta fan

The thing with the Star Wars prequels is that if you dont pay attention they seem ok.... But if someone starts pointing you out their flaws then youll realize how awful those movies where and you wont be able to enjoy them anymore. :D

Mr Plinket reviews do it flawlessly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcXyZn9xjg&list=PLJ_TJFLc25JTwinvdLo4PP2rTFfTd9Uhz&index=1

But its 90 minutes long XD and im too lazy to write an abridged version right now.

It was a slow day and I actually watched this video. First few minutes was stupid show off but later it was a reasonable critique of a movie,like a professional critic would do. Maybe guy is in a movie industry. It had valuable thoughts so I recomend if anybody have time to watch it. Its still a fun movie but there is a lot of things that should be done differently. Guess Lucas just didn't have it in himself anymore. Maybe this new trilogy will redeem this franchise,and put some fresh blood. Still,few actors in Prequels like Neeson and McGregor did good job with what they got.

Really,i thought x men oirgins also retain the feel of the comic book,even without reading a comic book,it felt like one.

Are you trying to say,that you would rather a movie retain the "feel" of the comic than a movie which is like the comics with no major differences???

I agree spiderman 2 is retain the feel of a comic book,but what i also know is,it's not exact like the comic book itself.

actually the amazing spider man series is more faithful to the comics than the old ones.

What I'm saying is that I want the movie that I can feel stay true to the comic characters

You,re right, TASM is more faithful, and that's why I prefer the first 1 as my second favorite spider man movie

• Like 1

Big Gta fan

Alright,but i still think origins was a good movie,far from bad,even if they f*cked up dead pool (i really don't care about dead pool)