2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Do NOT buy Shark Cards on Steam

theNGclan

This just a friendly reminder for all of you lovely PC gamers. Do not buy Shark Cards outside of the game such as the actual Shark Card page. I paid $100 for a Megalodon Cash Card ($8,000,000) and started up GTA V and went into Online only to discover that it didn't deposit. It has been some time now and still no progress has been made.

I opened a ticket on the Support site, tweeted Rockstar and called Rockstar Support. The person who I talked to was great and explained to me that the game is not showing anything is being processed. I am not sure if this is a Steam or Social Club issue, but I would avoid buying Shark Cards on Steam (unless done through the ingame store) at this time.

Edited by theNGclan
  • Like 2

You likely have to enter the code on SC the same way you redeemed the game. Have you checked for a dlc key or anything like the key to register the game?

DentureDynamite

Assuming you used a credit card to purchase it, you have full purchase revoke power via your credit card company (VISA/Mastercard, etc). Just let them know the details of what happened and they can credit you the money.

Assuming you used a credit card to purchase it, you have full purchase revoke power via your credit card company (VISA/Mastercard, etc). Just let them know the details of what happened and they can credit you the money.

I bought this via a prepaid Steam card, sadly.

You likely have to enter the code on SC the same way you redeemed the game. Have you checked for a dlc key or anything like the key to register the game?

Nope, no key or anything.

CarimboHanky

why people buying cashcards on pc?

them trainers doe!

• Like 4

why people buying cashcards on pc?

them trainers doe!

Because some of us aren't interested in getting banned? :p

You're on PC and you're buying Shark Cards? lol

Edited by JuanG12
  • Like 2

watch out OP you're up against this for sells

leftsharkgif.0.gif

I can handle that pussy ass shark.

Anyhow, I called Rockstar again and they're investigating the issue. They have no signs of the transaction on their end so it might be an issue with Steam.

• Like 1

CrysisAverted

Should have just given me the $99 and I would have paid a modder $20 to give you the 8mill

Hollistupid

Should have just given me the $99 and I would have paid a modder $20 to give you the 8mill

You sound like rockstar.

Cloud Kicker

Guys OP has every right to spend his money on whatever he wants. Stop sounding like broken records.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Guys OP has every right to spend his money on whatever he wants. Stop sounding like broken records.

this

personaly i woudnt buy such a shark card but its not my money, but his

I bought 1,25 million dolar too, and there isn't my money too.. Opened Steam ticket, waiting answer..

I bought 1,25 million dolar too, and there isn't my money too.. Opened Steam ticket, waiting answer..

I suggest calling Rockstar so they'll find you ticket and help you over the phone.

I know TS wants to be legit but you are on PC..Not that hard to find someone and do a little paypal transaction...

I know TS wants to be legit but you are on PC..Not that hard to find someone and do a little paypal transaction...

I don't mess with cheated money.

Don't listen to the negative people, OP. They couldn't afford it if they wanted to. Kids don't have jobs.

I'd be a liar if I said I hadn't paid real money for in-game currency before, but in the case of GTA 5, I enjoy the grind too much to waste my money.

Plus, I'm saving up for a new CPU anyway.

Don't listen to the negative people, OP. They couldn't afford it if they wanted to. Kids don't have jobs.

Yep. Some people don't have much time to play the game anymore for cash cards are and easy solution for getting the fun stuff without hours of grinding.

Anyhow, still no response from the Rockstar employee I talked to. Starting to wonder if they'll even resolve this.

Give 'em time. I'm sure they get hundreds of tickets a day.

I will update the status. Still waiting for Steam ticket. This is happening me first time. I have 70+ games, 50+ DLC's. First time Steam didn't give my item to me.

customkingpimp

Yep. Some people don't have much time to play the game anymore for cash cards are and easy solution for getting the fun stuff without hours of grinding.

Anyhow, still no response from the Rockstar employee I talked to. Starting to wonder if they'll even resolve this.

Stop contacting rockstar, its obviously a steam issue so rockstar wont resolve this for you.

Contact steam.

Stop contacting rockstar, its obviously a steam issue so rockstar wont resolve this for you.

Contact steam.

Considering Valve is at a loss too and this item cannot be refunded I'm pretty much sh*t out of luck.

The Lone Wanderer

why the f*ck would you buy one on pc, or lg for that matter?

and while I'm on the subject ng?

want the gold plane?

this

personaly i woudnt buy such a shark card but its not my money, but his

it was, now it's rockstars
  • Like 2

Nah, just more vehicles / weapon tints / clothes.

customkingpimp

Its hilarious the people who are against shark cards. You do realize that the revenue that they bring in keeps getting your broke self free DLC.. Right?

Then, if the shark cards did not exist, you would have to pay for DLC's, which would open up a whole different can of things for you people to complain about.

Its hilarious the people who are against shark cards. You do realize that the revenue that they bring in keeps getting your broke self free DLC.. Right?

Then, if the shark cards did not exist, you would have to pay for DLC's, which would open up a whole different can of things for you people to complain about.

Yep! Exactly! :)

I've contacted Valve again and I'm waiting for a response. I would, at the very least, like some sort of compensation for losing my 100 bucks that I could've spent on something far more important such as food.