2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What is everyone's aversion to custom jobs?

CarnageRacing00

CarnageRacing00

I totally understand avoided jobs titled "ROCKETS VS EVERYTHING 200000RP 200000CASH YOUTUBERS LOOK HERE FUN FUN FUN HILARIOUS ADD ME OUT YOUTUBE.COM/DOUCHENOZZLEEXTREME".

But why is it so damned impossible to find anyone to play my custom jobs?

Before anyone says "Because they suck", use your brain, hard to know something sucks until you've tried it.

I create races that, when people DO play them, they really like them. Same thing with my LTS jobs or deathmatches. But I swear I could sit in the lobby for 20 minutes and MAYBE get 1, 2 people... yet when I host a Rockstar job or a Verified job, they come flooding in.

Most of the time,I avoid NORMAL custom Jobs (Like DMs that actually about killing the other team/guy with a "balanced" environment),Mostly because theres a huge lack of quality on the average Custom Job,most ofthe time dealing with unoriginality and lack of good weapon placement.

I rarely race so i cant really give you a legit opinion on Custom Races.

Edited by Smesi.

Soran Is On

trap matches soured everyone to custom jobs.

R* should take a page from ubisoft and make bronze, silver, gold and verified jobs.

• Like 7

MeatSafeMurderer

You told me to avoid "Because they suck" so instead I'm going to use...Because they're sh*t.

Okay. So not all of them are...but the vast majority are turds and quite frankly it's not worth the hassle. If I go on call and see a custom job I back the hell out and find a new job.

• Like 1

I hate ramps and some circuits that look like a circus, so i avoid them.

Alec Skorpio

A lot of the death matches end up KDR traps

A lot of the races end up having sh*t design under the excuse of being "stunt races"

I rarely ever see LTS customs because I assume nobody could make a sh*tty stunt race or a deathtrap out of it.

trap matches soured everyone to custom jobs.

R* should take a page from ubisoft and make bronze, silver, gold and verified jobs.

Trap matches.

It's impossible to tell the good from the bad. Last time I joined one which I thought was legit it was a custom match from a level 12. I spawned with pistols trapped in the parking lot across from the impound lot while he spawned with rockets on his side. Reporting these jobs does nothing because they just remake them when they get removed.

Edited by TreFacTor

Cloud Kicker

The thing is those annoying title glitch jobs and stunt/ramp "races" are sadly the only jobs people play. Every time I get an invite to a normal race it's always super only contact demo derby races. Anytime I join a real mission there's never more than maybe two other people.

Elder Maxson

>Deathmatches are those "$100000000+RP" traps

>32 players spawn points crammed in a small space

>Floating Races, though some of them I admit are fun, usually have impossible jumps

>exhausting lap races that encircle the whole map

>the douchebag community

If you or anyone with a 360 wants to try a deathmatch, try this one...

http://rsg.ms/2141598

Almost every custom game does suck... The keyword is almost though, I'm not going to risk 20 minutes of loading screens just to play a job that is complete sh*t. Maybe if there was a better rating system that popped up I would give more custom jobs a try I'm with you on this though I made intricate races that nobody will ever play but imo they're 10/10

• Like 1

I avoid jobs from people I don't know. Only because I hate races that have floating containers and endless ramps. I also hate all "hack fun" trap TDM's. I play GTA to have fun, not get frustrated at custom jobs.

Uncle Sikee Atric

I make 'real' race tracks for PC, without circus crap and find advertising them is such a hard task, yet I get good ratings all the time. Youtube seems to be a bad place for your jobs to end up as most of the regular suspects just play crappy tracks!

It is a bind making a good track and getting it out there, I have a good network of friends who try and advertise them and hotlap on them, but it is a slow process.

I agree with the idea of R* grading tracks, beyond verifying them, but also they should grade creators as well. If you make good use of the creator and get a gold rating, then you should be rewarded with an enhanced creator that opens the mission and adversary designer. I have so many ideas to utilise them, but am stuck with a limited set of tools and unsuitable scenarios....

MOaRJRr.jpg

They're closed minded, unskilled or have never done decent ones. I avoid the bad ones by searching creator crews on social club and bookmarking jobs based on there rating, creator and description, and then making a playlist. I guess a lot of people don't even know how to use social club to bookmark jobs so all they ever done is troll jobs. I feel sorry for these people lol.

CarnageRacing00

They're closed minded, unskilled or have never done decent ones. I avoid the bad ones by searching creator crews on social club and bookmarking jobs based on there rating, creator and description, and then making a playlist. I guess a lot of people don't even know how to use social club to bookmark jobs so all they ever done is troll jobs. I feel sorry for these people lol.

Well, I've got a crap load of different races. Some are gimmicky races, some are straight forward. I would appreciate some honest criticism of them, so if you feel so inclined, please have a look.

I always try to describe them as best I can in the description.

You can look me up on social club as 77olds.

I bookmarked your ps3 races. If you want more people to see and play your races then you should join a creator crew like GCCC or CRE8.

RayBanNeonColors420

Give me a custom mission creator. Then ill have something positive to say about the job creator.

Edited by RayBanNeonColors420

Generally from my experience (since launch on PS3) custom jobs 90% of the time are extremely childish and/or broken. I have played some that friends have recommended but without a recommendation it would be rare for me to play a custom job. The problem is all the custom jobs made by kids that have resulted in such a poor reputation for custom jobs

For custom races, if the title/description look professional, as does the track map, then I stay (unless the host is level 5000, has xXxbonerxXx in his name, etc). Otherwise, I assume it's just another crappily made race.

I too make lots of races, and occasionally I do get lucky with a few people to race with. Examples:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/s7u4PrLmR0KDtIS1Gtke4g

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/tmVpIaVVEUSmy3Tp3mrg3w

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/GOHCAfwHgkyCekyw3TCgzw

I totally understand avoided jobs titled "ROCKETS VS EVERYTHING 200000RP 200000CASH YOUTUBERS LOOK HERE FUN FUN FUN HILARIOUS ADD ME OUT YOUTUBE.COM/DOUCHENOZZLEEXTREME".

Because even jobs not named that way are 90% bullsh!t. Every custom race I've joined that wasn't approved was BULLSH!T. Once spawned into a motorcycle race surrounded completely by walls. Another was the Twister race set as a GTA race. It was one of those stunt races where you're suppose to ride a spiral upwards SIDEWAYS. Bullsh!t. Took me 30 minutes to complete because I spent the first 20 if fighting it out with the host. Another one I had to get off my bike and climb sh!t and run around for the majority of it.

If they're not verified, F#ck 'em. Hell, even if try are, they probably still suck.

User-made DMs are almost always a joke.

Every user-made Capture I've played has had all the stuff in one place so I just kill the n00b that invited, grab everything and finish it up in 20 seconds.

Rage.

Exactly. The problem is that even the ones without those title, are also sh*tty.

If I wanna play/host custom job, I'll use mine. It's proven many times there's no such trap holes and everyone can win in my creations.

If we could make missions I bet it would be a different story. I'm not a big fan of organized DM or races in GTA.

Chamber53DV

Before anyone says "Because they suck", use your brain, hard to know something sucks until you've tried it.

I create races that, when people DO play them, they really like them. Same thing with my LTS jobs or deathmatches. But I swear I could sit in the lobby for 20 minutes and MAYBE get 1, 2 people... yet when I host a Rockstar job or a Verified job, they come flooding in.

I'm pretty sure you can assume a couple of answers to your question and you'll be dead on as to why people don't play your custom jobs.

As for me, I have/had friends that create their own jobs and always want to showcase them. Honestly, it's a drag to go in, trying to be a good friend, and play their created jobs...lol (sorry). This is especially true if what you've created is a race...racing in GTA is not my thing.

I'll be more inclined to try a DM that a friend created. But, me partaking in a persons self promotion gets dull. Especially if I'm stuck with that person in 4 player DM's.

Work on your craft, get creative on how to get the word out on your jobs. If you think a simple invite in the bottom left corner of my screen is going to do it, lol...nope. Ask yourself, how many random invites you ignore during a gaming session? what makes you think you're anything special?

One issue is, alot of people are too lazy to go on rockstars social page and look thru created jobs and bookmark the ones that do look interesting. I have found alot of really fun matches this way and really love playing them ( when i can find enough people to actually join one cause peps just scared) Its really sad because the creator content is an awesome tool Rockstar gave us. It could really keep the game fresh alot longer if the larger majority of the community would just not be afraid of it. Everyone knows by now the ones named the stuff OP named at the start, are clear death traps. You know,when you join a job lobby , you can actually look at the map and see how its laid out, people could just look at that, see if its a trap match , if it is back out. Again though , people are too lazy to use the tools given it seems.I personal have gotten tired of doing all the Rockstar jobs, and since they wont add more, i prefer playing user created ones that look good. You dont know what your missing if your too scared to try it out.

Sad thing is , even some of the ones Rockstar made verified jobs that are user created arent near as good as alot of the ones ive played that arent. To the OP, if you really would like to try to get more people to join your creations.My advise is join a large active crew (vice gamers is a good one) where you can showcase your creations and players in the crew arent afraid of playing your creations. Its about the only way ive found to be able to get enough people to even start a user created job , because 90% of the GTA community is just to scared to try something new.

I avoid everything I don`t know, on one simple reason: I don`t expect anything good out of them. I might pass one or two great opportunities, but I sincerely don`t think I ever pass more than two per 100 rubbish and "where`s the catch that the maker made to win 90% of the matches".

This limits my race options to Broughy circuits, mine and my crew`s - which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I would LOVE for there to be a way for my phone to say which race is worth clicking on it, because, short of a sure sign, I`ll just avoid by default, as it`s too much hassle and lost time to go from bad to worse content, on the off chance that I MIGHT get lucky. I can make a new circuit in that time and benefit myself AND my crew, rather than hop around like a headless chicken.

Come to think - we COULD create a closed circuit, with a pinned topic and with "recommend only" or "community verified" content, with names to look for :)

Edited by Phyxsius-

JustSomeBunny

If you race a custom map from quick join chances are you will start with a big disadvantage versus your opponent. You don't know the route, and the problem is amplified when the route is not at all intuitive and you have to navigate a complicated maze of props. I avoid them, because I don't feel they're level playing fields, and I somewhat care about my race record.

^

@Phyxsius-: I created a race called "PUMPING IRON" that I can shamelessly recommend. It's muscle cars only since it's the most fun, versatile and balanced class to race, imo. I put quite a lot of time and effort in the whole thing and there are no useless props, traps, stunts or surprises. Maybe that's the reason why it doesn't get the amount of thumbs up that it would deserve.

Anyways, I would appreciate if you (and your crew) or anybody else who's reading this would check my track out. I really tried to create a challenging old school race, where skill settles the race, not who passes an upside down 1080 cargo-tornado-Gerald first.

Then feel sorry for me lol, I've been online since the start and can't find how to bookmark a job!!!

OT: as has been said, custom jobs are usually either a trap or are sh*t. End of, sadly.