2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Voltic VS. Adder

Mister XeeL

Voltic VS. Adder  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which car is better in your opinion?

• Voltic
    • Adder

Mister XeeL

So recently I bought the Coil Voltic for $150,000 in GTA Online and I noticed how fast it is. I managed to win in every race against every high-end car. That's when I decided to take a look at statistics.

CoilVoltic-Front-GTAV.pngAdder-GTAV-Front.png

Statistics are really impressing.

Voltic

NW8FIW7H.png

Adder

R6lcIEvdQ.png

I think it's very obvious who's the winner here. Adder may be the winner when it comes to racing on highway, but Voltic beats Adder and every other car when racing in town.

And the price between the two are enormous. Voltic costs only $150,000 while Adder is $1,000,000. And in my opinion, Voltic even looks better and stronger than Adder.

If I was you I would sell the Adder and buy the Voltic. The only con of voltic is that it has no sound because of being an electric car.

And as I said, you can try it on your own but I won every single race in Los Santos (improptu race) and always came first wherever I needed to go with my friends or someone else.

Edited by Mister XeeL

If you took the Voltic to regular races against competent drivers, you're gonna have a bad time. It's well known the Voltic has crazy acceleration, but it tops out long before the Adders, Zens, and Osiris of the world do.

Not even talking about highway races here either.

Edited by KoingWolf
  • Like 4

Furry_Monkey

Against general randoms you can stand a good chance of leaving them behind, if you're in a Voltic. I've done it plenty of times myself. If you're up against hardcore racers though, your car choice isn't going to help you much,

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 1

AnimalsinGTAOnline

The Adder will always hold a special place in my heart, so this may or may not be biased ;p

However, I do like the Voltic, it just feels like I'm driving around on a piece of paper. Way too light for my tastes. And I've never liked how quiet/whiney the engine is. Although sometimes, the silence is not a bad thing c: Edit to add: I've not once felt the need to sell my Adder since buying it in 2013, however in that time I've had 3 Voltics; I can never hold on to one long enough. They just don't satisfy me for long.... uh, that sounded kinda wrong s:

I don't think there's any point in comparing them really, It's like comparing the Banshee to the Osiris, no competition. (well, after taking a second look at the stats you posted... maybe there's some competition :p)

Edited by AnimalsinGTAOnline

The only thing the Voltic has going for it is acceleration. It can't reach the top speed the Entity, Zentorno and Osiris can. And since it's an electric car it doesn't have as many mods available to raise its accel, thus the other cars catch up to it in that regard as well.

Of course you're beating randoms with it though, you can beat most on a lawn mower.

• Like 3

I love the Voltic, but it shouldn't be in the "Super" category, it should be "Sports". I've used it in races with higher levels that knew what they were doing and didn't end well. It's unfortunate it doesn't have a higher speed.

It couldn't hang with Adders and Zentornos in the long run, and now with the Osiris, it'll be even worse.

• Like 2

I think it don't depend of "Hardcore Racer" or "Random Racers". If you're a good driver with a Voltic on a technical race (few straight lines, a lot of curves) then the Voltic can beat every adder and zentorno (custom or not) against "random racer" or "hardcore racer".
In fact true Hard core racers don't drive adder or zentorno... They are just cars for straight lines (races for noobs).

Hardcore Racers (but many of you confuse "Hardcore Racer" and "Hardsmall dicks") prefer precise, good breaking, good handling and good acceleration cars!

Then it depends on the type of the race:

- Straight lines : Adder, Zentorno, Osiris

- Technical races: Turismo, Voltic...

Edited by Thalyn

bloatedsack

In Ye Olde Days when the only races you ever saw were super cars, and people ran supers on tracks unsuited for them (ie, all the tight, little, windy ones made for things like compacts or coupes) picking the Voltic was a prime way to crush them.

Sure, the rest of teh supers can far outpace it but nobody can keep up if there's no stretch long enough for the supercars to wind them all teh way out.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

its like 2013 all over again

Mister XeeL

I think it don't depend of "Hardcore Racer" or "Random Racers". If you're a good driver with a Voltic on a technical race (few straight lines, a lot of curves) then the Voltic can beat every adder and zentorno (custom or not) against "random racer" or "hardcore racer".

In fact true Hard core racers don't drive adder or zentorno... They are just cars for straight lines (races for noobs).

Hardcore Racers (but many of you confuse "Hardcore Racer" and "Hardsmall dicks") prefer precise, good breaking, good handling and good acceleration cars!

Then it depends on the type of the race:

- Straight lines : Adder, Zentorno, Osiris

- Technical races: Turismo, Voltic...

Exactly.

I like the dichotomy.

I have both, and they are parked opposite of each other in my supers garage.

I especially like drag racing people using the Voltic's reverse gear.

Mattoropael

I love the Voltic, but it shouldn't be in the "Super" category, it should be "Sports". I've used it in races with higher levels that knew what they were doing and didn't end well. It's unfortunate it doesn't have a higher speed.

It couldn't hang with Adders and Zentornos in the long run, and now with the Osiris, it'll be even worse.

The funny thing about the Bullet and the Voltic:

According to broughy1322's tests, the Bullet and the Voltic wouldn't be among the most competitive even if put in the Sports class, let alone Super where all the top-performers are lightning-quick.

The Adder, while having underwhelming overall performance, is at least competitive on very specific tracks (ie. high-speed tracks with few if any real corners) like the Super Diamond and Windsor in their respective classes.

I used to own a Bullet for the looks, but the performance is just way too underwhelming even fully-modded to keep my interests up about it, so today it's off to LSC as I bought a topless Casco while it's available. Might get one again when we get a 4th garage but until then, meh.

Edited by Mattoropael

Miss Malevolent

It's not the car but the skill level of the person that uses it. That had always been the case.

That said, I'd never give up my Adder for a Voltic.

ShiviSRT-10

..even when voltic was a considered car BACK IN 2013!! Entity wooped its arse everywhere, I know I tested them. If you want, add me and race me in any of my supers(except bullet I guess) and I'll show you that it is in fact the least competitive super :L

Halal Cyborg

check the spreadsheet in my sig..the voltic is only faster than a bullet on a balanced circuit...race against true racers and you won't be winning on any circuit in that thing...and i loved the voltic and have owned it several times

I have both and both are excellent cars in their own right. Adder is better overall but Voltic has its own charm. When I go cruising around the countryside, I take the electric Voltic so I don't disturb the nature. In the loud city, the aggressive-looking Adder fits right in.

The biggest problem with Voltic is that it doesn't have good performance upgrade, so what you get in stock is very close to what you get at maximum. Other supercars become beasts when fully upgraded.

Edited by RogerWho