2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Terrible rendering?

Kampioen

I'm on PS3 and for a while now, my game has basically been running like crap. Half the world just disappears on a regular basis, especially when I'm driving fast, even worse when lots of cops are chasing me. It also happens a lot when I look out of my apartment window. I think I remember reading that Rockstar increased the draw distance on last gen and I think it's been happening since then. I think it's not my PS3, because it also started to happen on my cousin's PS3 around the same time. Could be a coincidence of course, that both our consoles are f*cked. Has anyone else been experiencing this on last gen or maybe even on current gen?

Upgrade. That's not being a wise ass either....it's a last gen issue.

Edited by TreFacTor

Upgrade. That's not being a wise ass either.

Oh really? What a brilliant idea I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Your definition of being a smartass is apperantly very different from mine.

• Like 3

CrysisAverted

Thats your only option

It used to happen to me on PS3 so I got a new PS3 and it was better but then it began again. Unless you wanna keep buying PS3's I sugggest you upgrade

Not gonna upgrade any time

soon, don't have the money. I was just wondering if it's a known issue and whether it is because of the increased draw distance.

Edited by Kampioen

soon, don't have the money. I was just wondering if it's a known issue and whether it is because of the increased draw distance.

Increase in draw distance is a next gen feature....

So then why did this start happening suddenly? I never had this problem before.

Maybe you just never noticed.

Our PS3 has reached its age. There's nothing you can do other than buy a high spec PC or PS4.

It's so bad currently that I would have definately noticed if it was like this before. It has gotten a LOT worse, I think since the heist update. I would have noticed if the whole road underneath me disappeared and it looked like my car was floating in mid air.

The fur element on the new leather jackets look absolutely horrendous on previous gen. That's my two cents :D

It's so bad currently that I would have definately noticed if it was like this before. It has gotten a LOT worse, I think since the heist update. I would have noticed if the whole road underneath me disappeared and it looked like my car was floating in mid air.

Ok, If you're not going to accept the answers provided you can always ask rockstar...you're not going to get a better answer here. I upgrade to xb1 specifically because of this issue and modders.

Edited by TreFacTor

I'm waiting for someone who also plays on last gen to tell me whether it's always been like this for them or that it's started recently for them too.

Also, "maybe you just never noticed" is not a satisfactory answer to me because that's simply not the case.

Edited by Kampioen

look up aren't you reading the responses. You are wishful thinking now....

Edited by TreFacTor

look up aren't you reading the responses.

Yes I have, none of them include what I describe in my previous reply.

lllllllIIIIIIlllll

Rockstar Said they wil keep on releasing updates as long as the ps3 could handle it and every update it is getting harder for the ps3 Rams to handle it remember ps3 only has 512 mb.

NBAKingzFan10

It's a conspiracy to make you want to upgrade your system and buy another copy of GTA. R* has decided that it's going to slowly degrade, and make unplayable, last get versions of their game via hotfixes and updates (did this happen after the Ill gotten gains update, by chance?). They want you to purchase multiple copies of their game and, for added revenue, have a contract with both Microsoft and Sony for a percentage of all NG systems R* can prove they helped sell.

...or your system is just getting to the point of no return, where performance degrades noticiably due to caked on dust and years of wear. Either way, you're probably going to have to buy something to fix the problem, whether that be a new/used PS3 or a next generation system.

• Like 1

Ah these last two are proper replies, thank you. So it's a combination of the game having to load more things and my PS3's processing power degrading over time?

I'm waiting for someone who also plays on last gen to tell me whether it's always been like this for them or that it's started recently for them too.

Yes, after the heist update it has got worse.

Edited by Dan30Cal

Ah these last two are proper replies, thank you. So it's a combination of the game having to load more things and my PS3's processing power degrading over time?

You've been told this three times already.

Yes, after the heist update it has got worse.Ok, good to know. What do you think causes it in free mode? Because when I look out my apartment window, I don't see anything related to heists.

You've been told this three times already.No I haven't. Could you please just leave? I'm getting very tired of your useless posts. Edited by Kampioen

You got bunch of data being processed in your console especially after updates.

Now with such an old console with old spec, it's like carrying dozens of egg in a smaller and weaker carrier.

Even though the data have been optimized for your old machine, the whole chunk of game still demand power of processing which most likely is at the tip of PS3's head already.

ninjaontour

If you want help, the best thing to do is not act like a raging dickhead when someone tells you what the problem is.

It isn't our fault you're too poor to upgrade from a machine that's been obsolete for quite some time. Your hardware is old, and every update that comes out takes a toll on it. So the first reply amounts to the same as the others, quit crying and upgrade, or else sit there and be quiet.

Those are your options.

• Like 3

Furry_Monkey

Knowing whether or not it's to do with draw distance, or is a known issue will do you no good whatsoever. Unless people with issues get on Rockstar's back, repeatedly and publicly, then they will never fix them. If you go about it right then they'll be forced to do something about it, otherwise you may as well accept that that's the way it is.

RayBanNeonColors420

Ever since heists came out. Only happens when ur moving really fast, at least for me anyway. Not a big deal still surprised this old box can run the game at all lol.

• Like 2

Pop-in is an issue when there are lots of people with sh*tty connection in the session.

Beats me how does network have anything to do with graphical rendering but there you go.

If you play in a session with fewer people, or where nobody is on dial-up, or by yourself solo, there's no problem.

I guess too many people want to try out their new Osirises on their wi-fi or whatever and making the game even crappier for everybody else.

Edited by RogerWho
  • Like 2

If you want help, the best thing to do is not act like a raging dickhead when someone tells you what the problem is.

It isn't our fault you're too poor to upgrade from a machine that's been obsolete for quite some time. Your hardware is old, and every update that comes out takes a toll on it. So the first reply amounts to the same as the others, quit crying and upgrade, or else sit there and be quiet.

Those are your options.

I'm not looking for solutions. I know the solution is to upgrade, it is such an obvious solution that telling me to do this is condescending. It's like asking why water freezes on a physics forum and somebody replying "just take it out of the freezer."

Anyway, I enjoyed most of the updates that Rockstar gave us, and everything worked fine up until the heist update. So in hindsight, it appears that was the point where it became too much for last gen. Heists should have been current gen only then, IMO. I would rather have a game that renders everything properly but has no heists, than a game with heists that renders the world like it currently does.

ninjaontour

-Snip-

Getting to the root of this issue is hardly going to solve anything though, is it? Your physics analogy also doesn't work at all.

Unfortunately for you, you seem to be in the minority where LG players are concerned. The general attitude we see from them here is "Boo hoo, NG gets new features and we want them all! It's not fair!" and so R* tried to cater to that demographic, much to the detriment of players like you who'd rather have it function better.

It's a hard pill to swallow, but them's the breaks.

I'm not looking to solve anything, although the tip about staying in sessions with fewer people can prove to be effective and I will try it. I asked this question purely out of curiosity, because it seemed strange to me that rendering has gotten worse even when there's nothing new closeby that the game has to render. I would understand that it becomes more difficult to render the world if new things are actually in my vicinity for the game to load, but I still don't quite understand why the game can't render the view from my apartment properly when there's nobody in sight, for example. The view hasn't changed.

Edited by Kampioen