2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Steam Summer Sale 2015: 11-21 june.

GTA-Bobski

Yep, it's that time of the year already.
Usefull links:
If you're in doubt when to buy a particular game just follow this simple diagram and all will be good.
7cZZMDu.jpg
(thx RedDagger)

Also, if you don't like the game: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/
"The Steam refund offer, within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime, applies to games and software applications on the Steam store."
Edited by GTA-Bobski

More important question; Is there a GOG sale?

Edited by Fireman

There is and has been all week. ;)

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by ¥en

Seems the sale starts 6pm UK time, or 5PM GMT, or 10AM PST.

Edited by RedDagger

gwZr6Zc.png

Darksiders collection sounds like a good deal Darksiders Franchise pack, all DLC, all games, 10€, 80% off

On GOG I might get Vampire the Masquerade, my brother loved that, which is why I didn't want to play it :p

Edited by Fireman

I believe you can refund games you bought from longer than just within two weeks. I heard it was six months now. Personally, I just refunded a game I bought over a month ago yesterday. I had about half an hour on it.

Edited by Ridd

Yup, anything you bought within the last six months is eligible for a refund.

Also, in time for the summer sale:

887883acd4.png

If it goes on sale cheaper, you can ask to refund your purchase and just get the cheaper version (if they give you the refund, anyway :p)

Pretty nice, no more complainin' about buying a game then it going on sale 2 days later!

Also, an updated version of "how to survive a steam sale" in the OP:

7cZZMDu.jpg

Edited by RedDagger

gwZr6Zc.png

As always the 1st day doesn't has the most spectacular deals and yet I bought GTA EFLC for 3,75 euro and Max Payne 3 for 6 euro. I had both games on DVD but sold them last year and finally having them on Steam is well worth it.

Edited by GTA-Bobski

R* Are bunch of cants, they are effectively only giving away KashKerds instead of an actual discount.

Besides, the game was released in april. At best we could expect a 10% discount. And that would still make it more expensive on Steam than on other online stores where you can buy it for $45. Or even $30 if you live in South-America.

Edited by GTA-Bobski

Shame on u. Rockstar. Selling cash cards instead of something special like DLC for story mode. No announcements without any hint.

Just want to cash grab now from PC gamers after squeezing on consoles.

f*ckers.

ClaudeSpeed1911

I don't see what's wrong with what they did, they didn't want to discount the game but wanted some sort of a deal.

I think its a good deal since if you wanted to buy the game you get a game and some cash for free.

Anyway bought the The Original Strife Veteran Edition and planing to buy the Valve collection but I got a question: Do I get extra copies of the games that I own like every Counter Strike and Left 4 Dead 2?

Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911

Shame on u. Rockstar. Selling cash cards instead of something special like DLC for story mode. No announcements without any hint.

Just want to cash grab now from PC gamers after squeezing on consoles.

f*ckers.

Nope. You can still buy the regular V at the base price or you can choose one of the "deals" on offer. Rockstar are not forcing you to do anything.

Have you realised what makes someone turn into summer sale on steam?

Discounts. Rockstar felt to throw in a bundle and call it a SALE especially by pulling a scheme of selling cash cards.

Its not about forcing or not to buy. I don't buy from steam anyways... but about the sh*tty practice of forcing cash cards into bundled offers that according to steam refund policy cannot be refunded.

If you don't want the cash cards, buy only the regular V then. Also, the game's been out for only 2 months so expecting a discount is far fetched.

Edited by Ducard

Anyway bought the The Original Strife Veteran Edition and planing to buy the Valve collection but I got a question: Do I get extra copies of the games that I own like every Counter Strike and Left 4 Dead 2?

No, you don't get extra copies. Steam only let you download the games that aren't already in your library. And you get a notice you don't receive the extra copies.

• Like 1

Well the joke is on R* anyway, by showing GTA V on SALE as being discounted which quite clearly indicates they are trying to mislead the buyer. All the while taking the advantage of the steam policy by selling cash cards that won't last a minute with the ridiculous prices Online.

Well the joke is on R* anyway, by showing GTA V on SALE as being discounted which quite clearly indicates they are trying to mislead the buyer. All the while taking the advantage of the steam policy by selling cash cards that won't last a minute with the ridiculous prices Online.

No, the joke is on you because for some reason you just can't do the math.
BwyUoPk.png
See? It actually is a bundle discount.
  • Like 2

ClaudeSpeed1911

No, you don't get extra copies. Steam only let you download the games that aren't already in your library. And you get a notice you don't receive the extra copies.

Thanks for answering. :^:

Still a good deal since every game bought separately cost more.

Ah, this is why Steam reviews need a bit o' working on. Look at V's top reviews...

Anyway, that monster summer sale game is a pretty noice idea, the servers aren't handling it well though :p

gwZr6Zc.png

@ GTA-Bobski

Go visit the steam page. You are acting like people are making things up, with no base of any sort.

@ ClaudeSpeed1911, no problem :)

@ GTA-Bobski
Go visit the steam page. You are acting like people are making things up, with no base of any sort.

You know, even if 1000 people say the wrong things that doesn't make it right. It only tells you there a lot of stupid vocal people on Steam. But then again, we already knew that after the GTA V update in may and 8000 people gave the game a bad review for breaking the scripthook. All those comments about the EULA and then it turned out not a single letter about mods was changed compared to the GTA IV EULA, what a joke that was.
Anyway, a bundle discount is still a discount. You, and many others, obviously don't like it but ffs stop acting like R* is forcing you to buy them. The game can still be bought for $60 and that alone should tell you how wrong you and all those people on Steam are.
  • Like 1

@ GTA-Bobski

I am not arguing further. You did not get the actual point. Just pointless defense and wasting my time. Its not about math talks here. Go figure.

@ GTA-Bobski

I am not arguing further. You did not get the actual point. Just pointless defense and wasting my time. Its not about math talks here. Go figure.

Nope, you don't have any valid reason to back up your point. Most of your posts really is just incoherent nostalgia rubbish.

Nope, you don't have any valid reason to back up your point. Most of your posts really is just incoherent nostalgia rubbish.

There is nothing to prove here. lol

You both idiots are acting defensive when I am simply reacting to something you both still clearly don't have any clue. Its all over the web.

Edited by Osho

What really funny is that Project CARS (which released in May) got an actual 25% discount.

But, GTA V + Shark Card on 'normal' price are actually a good starter for those who don't pre-order it but still want a cash bonus for Online.

Its all over the web.

The knee-jerk so-definitely-accurate web, maybe.

GTA V is not on sale, it was for a little bit but that was evidently an accident, happens all the time with Steam sales. The bundles are. It's on the steam page, yo. Nothing misleading about that.

gwZr6Zc.png

Sure would be nice if Steam's servers could stop crapping themselves long enough to be able to try out their monster sale game. :sarcasm: