2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Car Showroom - Try before you buy?

Rob0cod

I have always said rockstar should include a car showroom where you can go and try the new vehicles out once they drop before spending your hard earned ill gotten gains on them. There is nothing worse than spending 2 Million on an Osiris and realising you like the Zentorno better!!! .. What do you guys think?? And for those who want to try or who can't afford the new vehicles I've put a link to a job where you can try out all the new stuff....

Car showroom.. I'll gotten gains Pt1

http://rsg.ms/0bda7c6

streetx1xracer

There's this thing called creator mode and single player. So technically there's no reason for your idea if there's ways to already do it.

Edited by streetx1xracer

You do realize that this game is old as f*ck, don't you?

We've gotten by just fine without a "showroom"

...also, that's what event playlists are for

• Like 4

There's this thing called creator mode and single player. So technically there's no reason for your idea if there's ways to already do it.

Single Player has different driving physics and I don't think you can upgrade a car in creator mode, so No and No...

streetx1xracer

Single Player has different driving physics and I don't think you can upgrade a car in creator mode, so No and No...

What are you talking about different physics in single player? It's the same game. And you can customize cars in single so yes.

Plus it's not like every car you buy HAS to be maxed out with the most expensive options. Some are just fine stock.

• Like 5

Purely for interactivity and role-play element in free-roam I think the OPs idea is excellent.

Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R
  • Like 3

SM00V OPERATOR

they have this things called single player... try it.

"This thing never existed in the past and therefore it should never exist in the future". Nice logic.

Anyway, I actually agree with OP, it would be a nice feature. Some of us who have moved platform (or maybe people who for some reason don't have their old saves) can't be bothered re-doing single player just to get enough money to test a car.

• Like 3

streetx1xracer

"This thing never existed in the past and therefore it should never exist in the future". Nice logic.

Anyway, I actually agree with OP, it would be a nice feature. Some of us who have moved platform (or maybe people who for some reason don't have their old saves) can't be bothered re-doing single player just to get enough money to test a car.

that's you're own fault that you don't want to play single player.

I've completed it twice. I don't want to have to complete it again to just test a car.

I've completed it twice. I don't want to have to complete it again to just test a car.

Why should you have to complete it again, you're sounding mental now...give it up, there's no need for this dumb feature just like we won't be able to race for pinks, sell weapons, sell clothes or some of the other brain dead ideas that get beat to death around here.

Edited by TreFacTor

You don't need to 'complete' the game (the final heist, tbe) to afford that car; just some stock market luck and you can have hundreds of millions before the Paleto heist. But you'll need to play further to unlock all modifications.

Or just race solo online. Can't customise though.

AboveAndBeyoncé

This.... I 1000% agree

What are you talking about different physics in single player? It's the same game. And you can customize cars in single so yes.

Plus it's not like every car you buy HAS to be maxed out with the most expensive options. Some are just fine stock.

You must be new, cars are all nerfed online, top speed is less than 130mph while you can easily attain over 200 in Single player. this is not new.

Upgrades change the performance of all vehicles so the creator mode is not an option

OP has a valid point

• Like 2

You do NOT need to complete single player to afford to test cars in single player. Franklin can buy the LSC near the prison and do all the upgrades he wants for FREE! If you are too damn lazy to get to that point than keep crying. The same physics for Online exist in SP.

I do think you should be able to make upgrades in LSC and not pay until you are satisfied. Too many times I have wasted tons of money on rims and paint just to see what looked best. As for a "Showroom" I would love that. But not in the OPs vision. I would like a real showroom where you could park your car and take awesome screenshots. There already is one in the game but Rockstar locked it off. Simeon's dealership. Rockstar needs to open the garage to allow us to drive in and take pics of our cars.

See this:

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/vid/fast-cars/feltzer.mp4

Edited by Pizentu

To those saying this never existed in the past - Vice City says "hi". And while SP does have a slightly higher top speed for some vehicles than Online, as mentioned before, you can try before you buy (for your online guy) using Franklin's LSC by the prison; unless R* have purposefully held a particular vehicle back from Online in SP.

Personally though, I'd love to see Simeion's showroom open in MP. I'd be even happier if you could buy the business off him in SP. I really liked owning my own car business in Vice City.

it would be nice to test drive fully modded cars before you buy i'm running low on garage space and having spent 15 mil in 1 day i 'm too skint to make the wrong purchase..

Purely for interactivity and role-play element in free-roam I think the OPs idea is excellent.

Yeah I don't think it's necessary, but it would be nice.

Yes nothing new should be added to such an "old game".

OT: I agree and have said this before. This game needs to be more like tdu2. You could try cars out for 2 minutes before you buy them. But I try before I buy I single player.

You guys do know there is a stock market glitch in single player (before you unlock Trevor) you can make billions with both Michael and Franklin. So no need to beat the game etc.

Edited by Chloroform

LBCWorldWide

SP is the test. Concerned with SLIGHT physics change, use Mike or Trevor for a more O type driving feel.

Also, R* is nice enough already to give us a way to test the new cars, adding another way would definitely reduce sales and it just gives the entitled another reason 'not to have to do sh*t' to learn or get ANYTHING!

LBC 😎

While I agree with what most of people are saying, it's not needed as you can test cars on sp.

But would be a cool feature to have anyway, even if is a 5 min test drive on the bone stock car would add some immersion to the online game, I mean the more features the better eh?

• Like 2

SP is the test. Concerned with SLIGHT physics change, use Mike or Trevor for a more O type driving feel.

Also, R* is nice enough already to give us a way to test the new cars, adding another way would definitely reduce sales and it just gives the entitled another reason 'not to have to do sh*t' to learn or get ANYTHING!

LBC 😎

The entitled? You use that word alot, I don't think you know what it means. So are you against a customer trying something out before they buy it? I'd understand if I didn't like it and I'd be able to sell it and only lose 5% but where you're loosing what 40% of the price, that isnt fair.

Look at all the people that got f*cked with the rebel with the fun. No way of knowing it didn't have bulletproof tires. Now people have to wait 3 months for that? That's bullsh*t.

While I agree with what most of people are saying, it's not needed as you can test cars on sp.

But would be a cool feature to have anyway, even if is a 5 min test drive on the bone stock car would add some immersion to the online game, I mean the more features the better eh?

Agreed more features the better, no clue why people here want less or no change. Picture buying a car in real life "well can I test drive it" "sorry sir, no"

I really don't see how this feature would hugely damage the game so much that people have to spew vitriol at anyone who suggests such a thing. Release 400 new T-shirts - "wow thanks R* awesome update". Suggest test driving - " oh my God that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard". The teenage hormones are crazy around here.

As for popping over to single player. Well yeah we could buy why? Why not avoid breaking the immersion and let us test drive?

Why should you have to complete it again, you're sounding mental now...give it up, there's no need for this dumb feature just like we won't be able to race for pinks, sell weapons, sell clothes or some of the other brain dead ideas that get beat to death around here.

Calm down young one. Everything's going to be OK!

You must be new, cars are all nerfed online, top speed is less than 130mph while you can easily attain over 200 in Single player. this is not new.

Upgrades change the performance of all vehicles so the creator mode is not an option

OP has a valid point

Implying a test drive feature will allow you to fully mod the car lol

Cant-B-Faded

No cars show up in my single player garage since I moved to ps4. Except the Elegy and the stock cars I won.

streetx1xracer

No cars show up in my single player garage since I moved to ps4. Except the Elegy and the stock cars I won.

you buy cars in single player off websites

Online creator mode or races: any car available in creator or races can be tested ,stock, on empty streets, desired weather, and exit/enter if playing gta style. Real easy.

Single player: if online player has played sp enough to unlock upgrades, and has the save files then upgraded vehicles can be tested free. Free because any money spent needs not saved. Ps3/360 are real easy as new cars, except heists, are added to the garage inventory. The performance may differ from online, but you can still experiment with upgrades to compare stock vs upgraded. Paint, wheels, exhausts,and body mods can be reviewed for free.

However i do like the idea of a car dealer and test drives.

Edited by jazzbone

The performance may differ from online, but you can still experiment with upgrades to compare stock vs upgraded. Paint, wheels, exhausts,and body mods can be reviewed for free.

However i do like the idea of a car dealer and test drives.

This is the benefit of SP!!!!!

IF you've finished SP and bought Franklins garage you can test all of the mods there free of charge