2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

They made it so the touchpad call your vehicle is on a cool down now /

Brazil301

That sucks, I was so use to always calling it instant. 4 minute cooldown for the loss

LordVukodlak

That sucks, I was so use to always calling it instant. 4 minute cooldown for the loss

Welcome to six months ago. There's been a cooldown on calling for a personal vehicle for a long time.

CarimboHanky

this game have a bunch of unnecessary cooldown!

• Like 3

Welcome to six months ago. There's been a cooldown on calling for a personal vehicle for a long time.

There never was a cool down on requesting PVs from the interaction menu.

Honestly, this is a huge step backwards.

Isn't it obvious? It's to prevent money glitches. There were several vehicle duplication glitches before this update that involved requesting your personal vehicle. Remember, they think about stopping money glitches first and foremost, and they think about legit players that were affected adversely by their solutions second if at all.

Edited by Pat

Slosten.gif

LordVukodlak

Been that way for me and I haven't been playing for a couple months.

Been that way for me and I haven't been playing for a couple months.

Well there's your god damn ignorant problem. Why don't you leave the discussion for those who know what they're talking about? It was never like that.

• Like 2

I'm sure it was 'game rebalancing in response to community feedback' or 'fixing an issue where players could request a vehicle at any time'.

R* =/= sense

Well. This game slowly turns into F2P mobile game with bunch of unnecessary cooldowns here and there.

In this case, I'm looking forward to a 60 minutes cooldown from going out of your apartment after getting WASTED, a 20 minutes cooldown after entering one of your garages, and a 5 minutes cooldown before you reload your firearms.

maelstrom66669

cooldowns been there a long ass time, had you ever sold a pv you didnt want and tried calling a car afterward you would know that

Pretty sure it's been like that for months now. It's just like calling your mechanic to get the car you already have on the road, but quicker because you don't have to go through all the menus.

• Like 1

Baffles me how ignorant apparent daily GTA players are being to what he's saying.

Yeah, there's been a cooldown when CALLING for a car but hitting the interaction menu and doing request PV has a 5 minute cooldown in between doing it.

You used to be able to do it any given time as long as you were far enough away..

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

streetx1xracer

It's been like that for a long time OP, this isn't new

No it hasn't.yes it has. I started requesting vehicle from that menu for probably longer than half a year. There's been a cool down just like you're mechanic. You people probably spend the 4 minute cooldown doing something and are now claiming there's no cool down bc you never experienced it.

Isn't it obvious? It's to prevent money glitches. There were several vehicle duplication glitches before this update that involved requesting your personal vehicle. Remember, they think about stopping money glitches first and foremost, and they think about legit players that were affected adversely by their solutions second if at all.

If that's true then you could thank exploiters for making it necessary. It's kind of reasonable for them to apply temp fixes while they find the cause and big issues, it'd be stupid to expect them to keep things easily exploited and not do anything about it. It sucks but people make it a necessary evil.

I used this a lot (PS4) and 100% sure there was no cooldown on the interaction menu one. Was a good thing to use when in car meets. Call new car through mechanic and then find it on the street bashed up because of idiot traffic just grab a car drive down the block and request again, fresh fixed up car :) (no fixing cars in LSC, wasted money). Same with spawn a modded sentinel, call my car, spawn sentinel, grab the sentinel drive to LSC sell and request personal vehicle then get the message you have to wait blablabla, wtf?

Hope they change it again.

This is bullsh*t and R* better change it back.

• Like 3

Crunch McThornbody

No, on the 360 & PS3 you could call for your PV as many times as you want without having to wait.

Now you have to wait 5 minutes, it's total bullsh*t.

Maybe it only previously had a countdown on NewGen then, cause It's definitely been there for a while on PS4

I wouldn't know about LastGen consoles

Edited by Billiam301

It's had a cool down for months. Shows how much you play the game.

It hasn't, etc

• Like 4

No, on the 360 & PS3 you could call for your PV as many times as you want without having to wait.

I'm pretty sure there was a cool down on last gen.

However, when I was playing Yesterday, I didn't encounter any cooldown from only using the interaction menu so maybe I missed it...

But what has been in the game for a while now is that if you request your vehicle using the interaction menu, it counts towards the cooldown while phoning the mechanic.

I'm not sure if OP is suggesting that there is a new mechanic or they only found out what has been in the game for a while now...

:sly:

RayBanNeonColors420

Quick menu "request personal vehicle " problem solved?

Such ignorance in this thread. No, there absolutely was NOT a cooldown for the "Request Personal Vehicle" option in the Interaction Menu. Meaning you could request your PV, walk down the road a few blocks & request it again, INSTANTLY. Get it? Damn teenagers.

Quick menu "request personal vehicle " problem solved?

Perfect example. Understand the thread, THEN post.

Edited by Cjs3315

Crunch McThornbody

It's had a cool down for months. Shows how much you play the game.

Don't talk about what you don't know, I've put in around 3000 hours GTA O gameplay and have NEVER had a cooldown timer for requesting personal vehicle from the interaction menu, until this bullsh*t update.

Edited by Crunch McThornbody

But what has been in the game for a while now is that if you request your vehicle using the interaction menu, it counts towards the cooldown while phoning the mechanic.

Yeah, I wonder if this is what people are noticing. Anyway, I'm online soon so will test. for clarity, prior to this patch, you could request your current PV from the interaction menu multiple times with zero cooldown.

TeammateHelper

There's a cool down on last gen even before this update. Are you next gen or PC? If so, welcome to the club.

If you're on last gen and you notice this now, you're more blind than Stevie Wonder.

EDIT: and no, I'm not talking about the phone. You know how many times I got screwed because I couldn't call my car?

Well, you can share the misery with me.

Edited by TeammateAssist