2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Best handling mods/overhauls?

cjspeed

So, the most disappointing thing about GTA V was the atrocious vehicle handling and the lack of control we have over the vehicles. You were able to maneuvre cars and, more importantly, bikes better and allow you to do more. I would spend hours riding bikes because of what you could do with them. Put a hell of a lot of laps into carefully figured 'routes' with cars too.

The re-introduction of the BMX and MTB had me excited because i could do the things that i was trying to do on the Sanchez and Vader but with the correct equipment. The new landscape that i could rip the Sanchez on and pull off some sick 3s and manuals had me stoked too. The variety of roads and tracks we had got me ready to mod a car to my liking and then thrash it and get my back end out while clipping apexes and whatnot.

Alas, the new handling was extremely poor. It didn't allow for anything other than what seems like driving on rails. You can barely control the bikes the way you want, and there's not much you can do to get a car on the edge of control.

Any way, my point is... Has anybody tried any new handling mods? For Cars, Motorcycles and/or the pushbikes? Are any god? What are the best? Do any actually give you a sense of realism? Or take it closer to what we could do in IV? I'm saddened by what i can't do on this game. I anticipated it so much, i was so excited watching video after video and seeing screens. Then it landed and it was a major letdown. I adore every other aspect of the game, but the vehicles are a huge thing for me.

I used to mod the GTA IV handling files to better suit the realistic driving i'd come accustomed to by playing racing games too often. Re-worked almost all the cars (after modding their models) to represent proper performance. Took weeks :p I was going to have a bash at it on here but it seems i can't access/edit the .RPF folder that the handling docs are stored in. I wanted to change the BMX slightly to allow for more movement but couldn't get in.

Killatomate

the patch forced me to go back to default vehicle handling and it was worse than i expected. i bought the Osiris for 2 million, drove for 3 minutes and then i hit Alt+F4 because i was bored already. seriously. zero wheelspin, zero sliding, zero fishtailing, goes to "topspeed" in only a few seconds. and its top speed is so hilariously low, you can lap the entire island without ever letting the throttle drop below 100%, in a 950 horsepower car...

this, on the other hand, is fun:

Seems promising! ^

One thing though, the top speed, while realistic, is too much for a GTA game.

See, the map is big but no that big for cars being this fast. It would take just a couple of minutes to go from Paleto Bay to LS docks, and that will give me the feeling of playing VC all over again, it would make the map feel smaller than it already feels.

My advice for the final release is to create separate version where the top speed is the same or slightly higher than vanilla, so we can enjoy this beautiful handling w/o circling the map in 2 minutes (I know I could go easy on the throttle but still).

Other than that, the mod seems seriously good, keep it up!

Edited by gunziness

the patch forced me to go back to default vehicle handling and it was worse than i expected. i bought the Osiris for 2 million, drove for 3 minutes and then i hit Alt+F4 because i was bored already. seriously. zero wheelspin, zero sliding, zero fishtailing, goes to "topspeed" in only a few seconds. and its top speed is so hilariously low, you can lap the entire island without ever letting the throttle drop below 100%, in a 950 horsepower car...

this, on the other hand, is fun:

Sick, where do I get it?

Edited by WHYSODRAKE

doppelblind

Killatomate imho made the best handling mod for GTA IV and I can't wait until he will release his mod for GTA V.

Especially given the fact the V-engine allows vehicles to speed up to max 540km/h, almost twice the max. speed from GTASA and GTAIV...

Is there a way for me to download your mod and then modify it myself to get it to my liking but based on your base mod? It's what i did on GTA IV, the handling files seemed easier to access and modify on that game. I have no idea how to get into the .RPF files to change the handling on this game...