2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

For everyone who's lost cars. The bug has gone official.

elfoam

Thank god. Already subscribed, I hope they hot patch and fix this soon. I love my Paleto Bay house almost as much as the four classic cars I just lost.

Well at least R* knows about it. I haven't finished downloading the update yet but once it's done, I hope that none of my cars have vanished.

screemingEagle

What cars did you lose? If you are talking about lost slamvan or other cars you werent supposed to have, then its not a bug. They removed those on purpose. Did you lose legit cars?

Two things to always always remember:

- Got more vehicles than your fancy small property can hold? Buy a 10 car garage before Update.

- You want smaller property while having more vehicles? Wait until at least a week or two.

What cars did you lose? If you are talking about lost slamvan or other cars you werent supposed to have, then its not a bug. They removed those on purpose. Did you lose legit cars?

I had four cars in storage at a six-car garage location (i.e. I used to own a ten car, I downgraded to a six car, which put the four other cars in storage). After this update, those four cars were moved into slots 1-4 in one of my other garages, and the four cars that used to be in those slots are gone. Considering the purchase price not even counting upgrades on those four cars was around 2 million, I'm pretty aggravated.

I didn't have any blacklisted cars, no. Everything that moved out of storage was legit and everything that got replaced was legit. The four cars I lost were a Stinger GT, a Casco, a Hotknife, and some muscle car (not sure which one yet - maybe my Vigero).

Edited by Nutduster

Holy sh*t these guys work fast? All my missing cars just came back. In fact all the cars I had on bike racks which were deleted have filled all the places in my garage that was left from the new blacklisted cars being removed. I magically now have three full garages again, still missing lots of stuff but I assume it's still alive in the void somewhere? maybe it'll return when we get a fourth garage.

Edited by elfoam
  • Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

this is why i never do such sh*t for a few weeks after any update

I didn't do anything, just logged on and entered my garage to find cars that weren't supposed to be there in place of cars that were. Then I called my mechanic and discovered that my four storage slots on the other garage were gone. I haven't bought any cars, moved any cars, or bought any apartments since the update.

Edited by Nutduster

i just lost my turismo r (fully upgraded..) - i didnt do anything with the garages, i have two 10 space and one 6 space and still room. i had it before a prison break heist and noticed it was gone afterwards. i've raised a ticket with rs.

just blew all my money on the dlc so cant replace it straight away, hope they return it.

Does anyone else despise OPs without avatars or signatures that post links without any description or details?

Sets off my spam radar. At least say what platform this happened on. I'm trying to collate information here, Captain Vague.

Edited by BatFerYou

i just lost my turismo r (fully upgraded..) - i didnt do anything with the garages, i have two 10 space and one 6 space and still room. i had it before a prison break heist and noticed it was gone afterwards. i've raised a ticket with rs.

just blew all my money on the dlc so cant replace it straight away, hope they return it.

A lot of people are having cars randomly vanish like that since the update. There;s quite a few flaws in this new patches code. Lots of reports of self duplicating cars in garages too, which then later disappear. Caught a few people out who have sold the dupe only to come back and have nothing!.

Does anyone else despise OPs without avatars or signatures that post links without any description or details?

Sets off my spam radar. At least sat what platform this happened on. I'm trying to collate information here, Captain Vague.

Woooo I have no avatar.. I must have just signed up right now to annoy you with my 5000 posts.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I didn't do anything, just logged on and entered my garage to find cars that weren't supposed to be there in place of cars that were. Then I called my mechanic and discovered that my four storage slots on the other garage were gone. I haven't bought any cars, moved any cars, or bought any apartments since the update.

What ?

Wow im not playing for the next weeks

penguinhero

So is everyone loosing there cars in storage or is it just some?

Everyone lost everything in storage I believe initially but oddly out of nowhere mine came back about 30 minutes ago.. Well all that could fit into my empty spaces left over from deleted new blacklisted vans etc. Not sure if others have had cars return yet.

For those that have lost cars on the bike rack from character two you SHOULD because able to get them back at some stage.. Character one they are all still there, you just can't access them..

The rockstar twitter account has been on fire for the last couple hours with lost car reports. Like thousands of posts.

Edited by elfoam

They never fix anything, all they do is make the good parts of the highly broken game go away. Pegasus spawn spot causing trouble at the beach police station? HEY! I've got an idea, delete the spawn point. That exactly is typical rockstars way of fixing things.

but according to this thread you people don't want them to fix problems- http://gtaforums.com/topic/800182-patch-notes-can-be-horrifying-at-times/

make up your damn minds.

This is an extremely idiotic reply for two reasons.

1. Is it even the same people saying these two things?

2. Fixing major, crippling bugs =/= fixing minor loopholes that have no impact on gameplay.

They never fix anything, all they do is make the good parts of the highly broken game go away. Pegasus spawn spot causing trouble at the beach police station? HEY! I've got an idea, delete the spawn point. That exactly is typical rockstars way of fixing things.

Another idiotic reply. They've fixed literally hundreds of bugs in this game since launch. Granted some things have just been removed or worked around, but that is not the majority of their fixes by any means. If you like, we can start going through the patch notes. But then it's a pointless exercise, because like so many people, you obviously just want to bitch and don't really care about reality.

• Like 2

TheKingChivas

I just completed the update for PS4 and hopped online to check on the possible damage, but was relieved to find there weren't any problems with my garages.

Looks like this one might only affect those with second characters.

Edited by TheKingChivas

This game was so much better pre patch 1.14. There's been so many changes to the game since then that have sent it to crap. My most annoying are the changes to pegasus and none of them have ever been mentioned in patch notes. It's still being constantly changed, there's been a hotfix involving pegasus spawns within the last two weeks, no patch notes..

• Like 1

ten-a-penny

This game was so much better pre patch 1.14. There's been so many changes to the game since then that have sent it to crap. My most annoying are the changes to pegasus and none of them have ever been mentioned in patch notes. It's still being constantly changed, there's been a hotfix involving pegasus spawns within the last two weeks, no patch notes..

Can you remind me, what "bad" thing they did in patch 1.15? I don't remember any annoying "fix" in that update.

1.16 is where all the crap started to happen. The items were nice, the change for the mission payouts was amazing, but why patching a harmless ability - wearing any headgear you want?

Everyone lost everything in storage I believe initially but oddly out of nowhere mine came back about 30 minutes ago.. Well all that could fit into my empty spaces left over from deleted new blacklisted vans etc. Not sure if others have had cars return yet.

For those that have lost cars on the bike rack from character two you SHOULD because able to get them back at some stage.. Character one they are all still there, you just can't access them..

The rockstar twitter account has been on fire for the last couple hours with lost car reports. Like thousands of posts.

Nope, I didn't loose any of my four cars in storage, and I checked it right after the update was downloaded and installed. I hope everyone get their cars back. Edited by C64fanatic

RussianCommie

I didn't lose any vehicles that I have in storage either and that was the first thing that I checked after installing the update because this type of issue is something that isn't minor, it's a big problem for those affected. I own the 4401 Procopio Dr and it comes with a 6 car garage, I dialed my mechanic and saw that all my cars that are in storage are still there with no issue. For those affected, I hope too that you all get your cars back and everything works out fine :^: .

5eIYidF.gif

Solid Scorpion

Just nearly had a heart attack, thought I'd lost my Roosevelt.

Had a property in Paleto Bay, freaked when none of my storage cars were on the mechanic list.

Bought a 10 car garage to see if it fixed it to no avail.

Was looking on the web for solutions and GTA O kicked me for being inactive.

Logged back in, and the 4 missing cars were in the new garage.

I'll miss the views and peace in Paleto but I ain't risking that sh*t again. Back to LS it is.

CapnCrunch53

Anyone else able to chime in on whether this issue affected them or not? I'm on PC, and have 12 cars in storage on one character and 4 on the other, so I'm gonna avoid Online until it sounds like this has definitely been fixed.

Anyone else able to chime in on whether this issue affected them or not? I'm on PC, and have 12 cars in storage on one character and 4 on the other, so I'm gonna avoid Online until it sounds like this has definitely been fixed.

I'm sorry but I can't take your post seriously with that avatar. I'm laughing by myself, imagining Captain Crunch walking into his garage and seeing his cars gone and says, "crunches!" :lol:

my turismo returned about 5 hours later, rockstar contacted me to say they couldn't help as it was still in my garage. So it seemed to have resolved itself. I wouldn't worry to much about loosing your car as it should either fix itself or rockstar have said they will fix it for u.

Checked online this morning for a couple of minutes to see whether it has affected me. I've never glitched cars into my garages or onto the bike racks, but I did have four (of 30) in storage because I'd reverted to a 6-car garage for my second property. Called the mechanic and they weren't available, went into my third garage and the four which had been in storage were now in the first four spaces of that garage. The remaining four were not available at all.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to google the suggested fix before heading off to work so I'll try it tonight, but I still have to pay to swap properties and then pay again to swap back, I believe (and does swapping back even work?)

Losing money to glitches like this is hardly going to persuade people to buy shark cards. If it does cost me, I shall try to find a glitch to make back what I lose. And I'm totally clean - I didn't do the hooker glitch, for instance.

Edited by Jobbo