2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why play youtubers/streamers so...

Mr. Larson

Mr. Larson

...f*cking awful?

Seriously, I don't get it.
I know there are awesome GTA videos on yt done by skilled players. I appreciate them much. However, most of the gameplay footage is horrible.
Youtuber XY has 500k subscribers and all you see him doing is

- stupid stunt races
- crashing into everything

- playing Stunters vs. Blah
- having 500k on hand and 100k in the bank
- being rank 60 after two years of professional and paid (!) GTAO playing
- never eating snacks

- never using cover
- never equipping body armor
- dying on heists over and over
- playing heists with rank 20 teammates
- wondering why he fails on heists
- talking (better: making sounds) like his mental problems are serious
- failing everytime he tries to pronounce something in english (non english youtubers only)
- avoiding to say the word heist and instead say either hist or use the translation (again non english speakers only)

Same thing with Twitch. I watched the most retarded heist crew ever yesterday, for me it was quite funny, but I wondered why they had like 500 viewers.

Is this just a kid thing, like, you are 15 years old, dumb as f*ck, but 11 years olds still look up to you? Is it something with the GTA community and the game attracts people who, you know, are more or less special? I could even understand this, if the streamer was funny or kind of like a good entertainer, but all they do is play horrible and read the stupid sh*t in the streamchat aloud (they can't even read properly). Questions like "Whats your favorite color?" or "Do you have a pet?"...suddenly they start screaming for no reason like they ran out of Ritalin. What happenend to the internet?? Am I just too old for this web 3.0 thing? Is it the weed? I mean, kids in Europe smoke all kinds of stuff labeled as weed that surely isn't natural.

Gotta admit, I missed the whole lets play thing the last, hm, 10 years or something. I did some lets plays in the early 90s myself, they are still on VHS, but someday I became 11 and stopped doing this. I always thought the point in it was to entertain other people with awesome gameplay, showing hints or something, but obviously it's not. So what is it about then? Don't want to complain at all, guess it is what it is and everyone can stream what he likes. I just wonder why an average GTAO channel always feels like Idiocracy for me. I don't play any other games since IV came out, so I don't know if this is a general thing or GTA only.

I'd rather play the actual game instead of watching others play....some people are participants, others are voyeurs.

Why he came here to bitch about it has my head numb though... o_0

Edited by TreFacTor

CarnageRacing00

I watch certain ones for humor sake. Achievement Hunter's Let's Plays are always hilarious, even though they all suck at the game. Funhaus' are hilarious as well. Vanoss is still funny most of the time, Speedy is increasingly less funny with every video, and I unsubscribed to xpertthief when I learned he was in tight with domislive and icrazyteddy. Seriously, that video was disgusting. They were doing heists together, and dom and teddy repeatedly said things like "We should get some support for working hard in these heists for you guys, click that donate button". f*cking terrible. xpert is guilty by association.

• Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Never watched those vids....

Though if thats all true its a decent question

Yeah those guys are the biggest casuals ever. The only GTA5 youtubers I watch are Broughy and Gunit123 for car related stuff, GTAmissions for the fun events they do and GTAseriesvideos, because he posts mod showcases and other stuff. All the MrBosses and his clones are painful to watch especially when they beg for likes a hundred times a video. When I sub to a channel that does gaming it`s either because they are fun to watch or I can learn something from them. With these GTa youtubers it`s neither. It`s not fun to watch them talk about stuff I know already or beg for likes, and I for certain can`t learn anything from them as they are the biggest casuals on the planet. It also annoys me that youtubers like WarOwl (CSGO) who makes one video all day have less than 500k subs, while these guys who put up a video in 20 minutes get more than 500k.

• Like 1

Chloroform

I'd rather play the actual game instead of watching others play....some people are participants, others are voyeurs.

Why he came here to bitch about it has my head numb though... o_0

Agreed. Seems like a trend with kids these days and I'm not trying to be rude. My cousins are 11 and that's all they do. Watch someone else play video games. Reminds me of that episode of south park last season. All the kids were watching others play video games on YouTube. Edited by Chloroform

The First Hunter

I watch certain ones for humor sake. Achievement Hunter's Let's Plays are always hilarious, even though they all suck at the game. Funhaus' are hilarious as well. Vanoss is still funny most of the time, Speedy is increasingly less funny with every video, and I unsubscribed to xpertthief when I learned he was in tight with domislive and icrazyteddy. Seriously, that video was disgusting. They were doing heists together, and dom and teddy repeatedly said things like "We should get some support for working hard in these heists for you guys, click that donate button". f*cking terrible. xpert is guilty by association.

Tottaly agree about funhaus and vanossgaming!

They play for fun unlike most of the other gta v youtubers!

Currently the only channel that i watch is Vanossgaming

BarryRiley

You're equating quality to subscriber numbers. It doesn't work like that. Take for example Justin Beiber, Adam Sandler, Anchorman et al.

Most of the subscribers to any YouTube channel seem to be teens or even younger. At this age, their brains are wired up to like different things to what adults like. Actually in some cases, they like things solely because adults don't like them, as a form of hormone-induced protest.

Trying to make sense of why kids like the things they like is a hugely complex process as most of the time it seems to have no corrolation and be completely non-sensical.

Chloroform

You're equating quality to subscriber numbers. It doesn't work like that. Take for example Justin Beiber, Adam Sandler, Anchorman et al.

Most of the subscribers to any YouTube channel seem to be teens or even younger. At this age, their brains are wired up to like different things to what adults like. Actually in some cases, they like things solely because adults don't like them, as a form of hormone-induced protest.

Trying to make sense of why kids like the things they like is a hugely complex process as most of the time it seems to have no corrolation and be completely non-sensical.

Yeah but even adults watch them videos. So at the end of the day doesn't matter who watches them, they're being watched. I honestly don't care much for YouTube. I'm on that site here and there, too much sh*t content that out weighs the good.

Ha, you sound like an adult. I do watch some those GTA videos because it makes me feel WAY better about my skills. Only a handful seem like they would not get tossed from our heist lobby. Let's Play is a funny series and those guys are entertaining to listen too. Broughy, of course, can f*cking drive. I respect the amount for work he put into to testing all the cars in gta.

But children should be seen, not heard.

The First Hunter

If i hear "Like and subscribe" in the beginning of a video I'll unlike it and close the f*cking tab

I don't watch streams bc they're boring, They have no idea what to do(they just act like they're stupid) squeakers love them.

If i hear "Like and subscribe" in the beginning of a video I'll unlike it and close the f*cking tab

Liking or disliking generates traffic and pushes them further up the search results. Either way the YouTuber benefits. The best way to deal with these untalented wretches is to leave no feedback whatsoever.

• Like 1

So why do you watch that sh*t? I've never seen any of that crap you mention because I pick what I watch on YT and I hate the 'howsgoingguys hittthatlikebutton subscribe omygod xd lol' attitude of most videos.

I occasionally post videos and feel that I don't suck, never once have I ever asked for a like/ subscribe thing. Aside from the couple that go viral though, don't see too much traffic, so I have an honest question; What do you WANT to see out of videos?

What are you most interested in, GTA Online content related wise, when it comes to videos uploaded to YouTube?

Edited by KoingWolf

What do you WANT to see out of videos?

What are you most interested in, GTA Online content related wise, when it comes to videos uploaded to YouTube?

Nothing they just dont interest me

What do you WANT to see out of videos?

Nothing they just dont interest me

Sorry to hear that! Maybe one day you'll catch a something or two that makes you interested in watching more quality stuff.

Soran Is On

I just learned how much people make from twitch and now I hope the sun envelopes the earth.

Who pays other people to play video games? This f*ckin planet is doomed.

• Like 1

The only thing i watch on youtube about games are the trailers

Edited by GR Choke

WavyWeazel

- stupid stunt races

- crashing into everything

- never eating snacks

- never using cover

- never equipping body armor

- dying on heists over and over

- wondering why he fails on heists

- talking (better: making sounds) like his mental problems are serious

- avoiding to say the word heist and instead say either hist or use the translation (again non english speakers only)

So, basically... your average GTA Online player?

Mr. Larson

I occasionally post videos and feel that I don't suck, never once have I ever asked for a like/ subscribe thing. Aside from the couple that go viral though, don't see too much traffic, so I have an honest question; What do you WANT to see out of videos?

One of your Dukes vids has 1,7 million views, that's very, very much for a small uncommercial channel like yours. I liked the Dukes trolling video, the idea was new to me and it was hilarious that the same guy did it a few times.

To answer your question, it depends. I only accidently watch GTA videos, sometimes I click on link on the forum and get lost.

For youtube: Definitly no videos that contain information that could be presented in written form only - like 24546043 videos on a new newswire post.

No random footage at all, I rather spectate a rank 5 on Weazel.

No what might any future DLC contain speculation bullsh*t at all.

What I like: Good and effective walkthroughs like the GTA Series Videos are, good guides, hints, tricks, outstanding kills and fails, stunt montages like that RedKeyMon guy does, the Broughy videos of course, people who actually are funny or do stuff that is fun (I just bought a Technical because a guy on the forums posted a video with the Cargobob-Tech-Combo, and yeah, its as much fun as it looked like), decent players doing things different than everyone else, good machinimas, mission walkthroughs made with the editor. That's pretty much it.

More or less the "underground stuff" you see on the forums.

For livestreams: A decent adult player, best with a good sense of humor. I only watch them a few minutes when I`m stoned before I turn off my PS, so I don't really care much about livestreams. Maybe I rather even do like to see some retards fail over and over in heists.

Because many youtubers aren't real gamers, many of them don't like "GTA or GTA-like games" but make "GTA Online videos" because many people (specially kids) want see GTA V Online videos.

The youtubers make GTA videos just for the money (monetized channel). And this is why, many kids (and other kids in a adult body) who don't know sh*t about what's a GTA game, come in the Online and play like assholes (try to make the same things than all theses stupids youtubers (every youtubers aren't stupids, but many of them yes, as all people doing things only for money).

It's easy to see the good & bad youtubers.

Just look the title: If they write "GTA 5 Online" or "GTA V Online" they're assholes making GTA Online videos only for the money in taking care to promote their index in google/youtube search engine, and then like a TV show, make video with Poom, Boom, Pan, Mmm, Badaboom, sh*t!... just to create a "show" to please to morons, kids, and/or kids in adult body... and then, they don't care about the game, the story, the immersion... .

• Like 1

Broughy and Shaggy for racing/car v car.

Vanoss and his crew always do stupid sh*t that is sometimes entertaining.

Tonksi because well, it's Tonksi.

The rest, ????

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

I don't know what you're looking for, in terms of gameplay with GTA. Yes, most GTA Youtubers are casuals, but there are skilled players out there that post too. Just gotta find them.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you use firefox? May I suggest "Video Blocker"? Just get rid of those irritating pricks forever, and enjoy youtube searches without their cluster f*cks interfering.

Furry_Monkey

I think you're my identical Youtube twin!

Vannossgaming is one of the few big youtube channels I'll watch. There are some real attention hungry little c*nts out there, and I seriously hate people like that. In fact, I think it's my most hated trait. Weak little c*nts that need to have people looking at them in order to not feel worthless.

Weak.

Yeah most of the youtubers are plebs interested in money more so than producing any sort of half decent entertainment. I found it amusing when typicalgamers "segment" for the youtube at E3 stream fell flat on its face when they played on rockband, cringe worthy.

I am an adult and enjoy watching Xpertheif . I watch his videos when I drink my morning coffee. That dude is funny and does some silly stuff.