2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

How long does it take to install GTA V?

Seemly

I have heard it takes 1 day. but I can't stay awake for 1 day by keep taking out disk 1 and insert disk 2 then take out disk 2 and insert disk 3 etc...

Its like 6 hours or so, with a disc change every...30 minutes? So you can't go to sleep or anything.

Yep, it's a chore. Doing the dishes is more fun.

PCMasterRace46

Should have got it on steam. Who still uses discs anymore...2010 called..

Edited by PCMasterRace46

Duh alot of people uses discs, I don't have super internet.

1h30 for me to install Discs. One day for the 5GB patch cause retarded Rockstar (RGSC) servers (with good servers and without their bandwidth restrictions towards noUS-GB-Aus users, with my connection, 3h is enough).

Why buy a f*cking old game from 2013 (with a old 2011 rage engine always unoptimized for 2013-2014 PCs when the game is a "open world") for 60€ (steam) instead 40€ (local retailers).....

Seriously, go buy a brain!

Each comments from you are so useless, and childish (look your age, and grow up in your head!)... You're the most idiot in this forum..... good job, you're the good profile to be hire by Merryweather (And then, change your avatar, you are a shame and a disgrace for military).

• Like 3

I have installed GTA V two times

first:

2 hours 01 min

second

1 hour 55 min

I have SSD, but old DVD-writer

PCMasterRace46

1h30 for me to install Discs. One day for the 5GB patch cause retarded Rockstar (RGSC) servers (with good servers and without their bandwidth restrictions towards noUS-GB-Aus users, with my connection, 3h is enough).

Why buy a f*cking old game from 2013 (with a old 2011 rage engine always unoptimized for 2013-2014 PCs when the game is a "open world") for 60 (steam) instead 40 (local retailers).....

Each comments from you are so useless, and childish (look your age, and grow up in your head!)... You're the most idiot in this forum..... good job, you're the good profile to be hire by Merryweather (And then, change your avatar, you are a shame and a disgrace for military).

Go back to school, apparently you didn't finish. I contribute plenty to this forum. Waking people up to modern times and hardware available. If you still load games from dvd rom and mechanical hard drives, you don't deserve to game on PC.

Breitsmeister

Why buy a f*cking old game from 2013 (with a old 2011 rage engine always unoptimized for 2013-2014 PCs when the game is a "open world") for 60 (steam) instead 40 (local retailers).....

Go back to school, apparently you didn't finish. I contribute plenty to this forum. Waking people up to modern times and hardware available. If you still load games from dvd rom and mechanical hard drives, you don't deserve to game on PC.

you are a total lunatic haha

• Like 1

Nah nah nah Gta 6

around an hour to 30 mins if you have a disc...

Or you're downloading it digitally, like me, then it will probably take 3 days.

gamefriik200

Lot of people.

Including me, I like to have disc covers on my self thats the only f*ckin reson

• Like 1

Digital distribution it's the strongest concept for the future no doubt, but it's way too early to state that "nobody uses discs anymore"

• Like 2

Slam_Jones

Personal experience:

Downloading from Steam at about 2mB/s took me approx. 8 hours.

Installation was a fraction of that time.

Edited by Slam_Jones

It took me 6h but when I played it crashed on the frankin and lamar mission so I had to reinstall and only got to play it 2 days after I bought it.

f*ck Cockstar.

PCMasterRace46

Get better internet or move so you can. 300mbs down 75 up.

Get better internet or move so you can. 300mbs down 75 up.

I really don't give a single f*ck about your internet speed. Stop bragging you spoiled brat. You do realize that 20 Mbps down costs over $600 here? Or are you so blinded by the perks of living in a first world country and can't imagine what it's like to live in a third world country?

Maybe you should shove your GTX 980 Ti up your f*cking ass.

If you still load games from dvd rom and mechanical hard drives, you don't deserve to game on PC.

Such elitism. You don't deserve a PC you f*cking peasant. Even PCMR community would hate to have someone like you.

It varies. It took me about an hour using discs, plus about 5 minutes for the 5GB patch.

PC Specs:

Intel i7 2600

AMD HD Radeon 6950

16 GB DDR3 RAM

Blu-ray disc drive - LG BH14NS40

Edited by Creator

words were here.

As an upstanding citizen as yourself I would have bet you would have maybe thought that Thalyn is probably not from an English speaking country eh? And the next point not everyone is as awesome as you are with your 1337 ass gear.. Also internet is not good in some areas in even the US I can get 20m down and 3m up where I live..

So all this bs about being so superior meh.. over rated from you it is just worse.

@Kampret

I agree wit you.. meh copy/paste your name from the forum.

Edited by JWitfield

It took like 2 hours for me (stayed at pc all the time), and then there's all the patches that took like another hour (+ the many days of troubleshooting I had to do to find what caused the crashes I had, lol). I have a cheap dvd writer/reader, and installed it on a hard disk. I don't think it will take 1 day, unless you leave your pc for like 3 hours after inserting every disc.

Edited by Earleys

RedIndianRobin

It took exactly 1 hour 23 minutes 58 seconds for me, excluding the 5GB patch. And @tizerist, do you have any idea what you're saying? 6hours?

• Like 1

Kaito Katsumi

It took exactly 1 hour 23 minutes 58 seconds for me, excluding the 5GB patch. And @tizerist, do you have any idea what you're saying? 6hours?

If even my motherf*cking homie Robin can download it at that speed, anyone with a slower download speed needs an upgrade.
  • Like 1

RedIndianRobin

If even my motherf*cking homie Robin can download it at that speed, anyone with a slower download speed needs an upgrade.

Lool. :p

Haters going to hate...

It's not hating (well, I hate you in particular). It's common sense of not being a f*cking retarded douche.

• Like 2

Uhm, excuse me? "You don't deserve to game on PC" how can one not deserve to game on pc if they can't download the game from a lazy ass service? not every modern stuff is good. some old things are better than most of new crap. to be honest I just hate your replies on this forums, showing off with your pc, and with things you have.

Your the only hater here. anyways into the topic. so I can expect the game to be installed within 2 hours?

• Like 2

ThunderBanana

It took me about an hour and a half to install (box copy), another 20 or so minutes for the 5GB patch because rockstars servers kept going down, lol. I don't have an SSD, either. I'd imagine the time per disk would be reduced dramatically with one.

Also: Steam is great and all, but for games like this, I prefer boxed copies that I can hold, and that look pretty on my shelf :)

BUT THE BENZ

20 minutes a disk....forever to get the patches