4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Son of Zeus

Things you dislike/hate in GTA V

iiCriminnaaL 49
59 minutes ago, uq7451 said:

I dont like the location, i dont like the atmosphere, the streets are too wide, its not realistic, the physics are simpler.

In my opinion, they reached the peak in GTA IV.

Maybe theres a pattern here, about every time they make a new game they swap between authenticity, atmosphere, quality, and flamboyance, mass appeal, quantity.

Seems so with GTA 1 and 2, with Vice City and San Andreas, with TLAD and TBOGT, and last but not least with IV and V

Yeah, I actually agree about your points. However, while GTA IV is fantastic, I still think that, R* could've improved upon it and get deeper into the new direction which they took the series to with it. They kinda did that with TLAD, but later screwed it up with TBOGT. They could've waited until they finish the IV saga before they move to the over the top spot. But, you know... a lot of people got tired of the "dull" style of IV and TLAD (I don't see what's dull about it, especially the latter) and just wanted to blow sh*t up with explosive shells and tanks.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

American Venom
10 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Eating.

???

We can still eat in GTA V, but there's no Clukin' Bell, Burgershot etc. All in all I'm glad it's only a way of regaining health. Not the "hunger" sh*t from San Andreas.

But I do miss the smart arse Clukin' Bell employees or that woman from the diner in GTA IV that would always be a bitch to Niko when he bought something lol.

CanadianMuscle
12 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

???

We can still eat in GTA V, but there's no Clukin' Bell, Burgershot etc. All in all I'm glad it's only a way of regaining health. Not the "hunger" sh*t from San Andreas.

But I do miss the smart arse Clukin' Bell employees or that woman from the diner in GTA IV that would always be a bitch to Niko when he bought something lol.

"Here's the nasty sh*t you ordered; I mean, I wouldn't eat it." 😂

Zello
19 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

???

I wish we could have used the drive thru if they didn't want to add interiors. Saints row 1 and 2 did it I'm surprised R* hasn't.

Edited by Zello

iiCriminnaaL 49
2 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

We can still eat in GTA V, but there's no Clukin' Bell, Burgershot etc.

That shows how memorable most of GTA V's elements are 😛

But seriously, a lot of things were watered down, including the ability to eat.

Journey_95
19 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

Yeah, I actually agree about your points. However, while GTA IV is fantastic, I still think that, R* could've improved upon it and get deeper into the new direction which they took the series to with it. They kinda did that with TLAD, but later screwed it up with TBOGT. They could've waited until they finish the IV saga before they move to the over the top spot. But, you know... a lot of people got tired of the "dull" style of IV and TLAD (I don't see what's dull about it, especially the latter) and just wanted to blow sh*t up with explosive shells and tanks.

True, that's why I don't like TBOGT. It doesn't fit into the IV Saga at all and butchers the established tone and characters. V's more lighthearted direction isn't as bad since it's a new game anyway.

Lioshenka

9GB f*ckING UP-DATE!

I really tried to stay away from creating a new topic, and this existing one seems like a good place to whine. How the hell people are supposed to enjoy the game if the moment I launched it it wants to download an 8.80Gb up-date?

Stupid idiots who can't do anything in R*. This was the last reason I needed to finally decide that I will not be buying GTA 6 if it's on Rage engine. New engine, maybe, I'll think, but I'm still certain I won't.

I sold my GTA 4 copy a while ago, because it was a poorly designed product, but at least I passed it 100%. Really want to sell GTA 5, but really want to get 100% in it before I do. Don't think I will be able to with this stupid up-dates! I paid for a finished product, I don't want any enhancements or anything, unless I ask for them.

ADDED I had a need/urge to play a game. I can't, because of the up-date. Now that the up-date is complete, I closed the launcher because I no longer desire to play it. I bet R* are celebrating that they managed to get my £42 for a product that I dont even use - I bet they'll be delighted when I won't bother buying the next one. It's as if all the creative, professional, passionate people that formed the core of R* developers team before have either died or were re-placed with dumb clones.

Edited by Lioshenka

JuliusCaesar

Engine has nothing to do with that.

R*AGE is one of the best engines in the industry right now and did a lot of things that Unreal Engine didn't do until 2 years later. It has nothing to do with update size.

Games are getting larger, getting more support for longer. It won't matter what engine GTA VI is on, the updates are still going to be larger than the updates for GTA V, whether they come in smaller more frequent packages or continue to deliver a big chunk at a time to drip-feed out of, you're still going to be using that data if you wish to play these games. Fortnite has made a whole new audience who has absolutely no problem with any of this, much like how Epic Games has made an entirely new audience through the same Fortnite, an audience who doesn't care about and is larger than Steam's install base. There are sweeping changes coming to gaming; "Games as a Service" is here. Which means, always online, always updated.

The days of download one off and play are not necessarily over, but they are over, for the most part, for any Triple AAA publishers who make multiplayer games.

Edited by JuliusCaesar

Lioshenka
1 hour ago, JuliusCaesar said:

Engine has nothing to do with that. It has nothing to do with update size. 

I never linked the two. Up-date was the last straw; but there are many reason why I didn't like GTA 4 and 5 initially, which are due to the engine e.g. flawed car handling, delayed key stroke response etc. R* had plenty of time to fix these things, and they haven't, which makes me think that it is the engine that's flawed. I can launch GTA 3, and I'll be perfectly happy with the engine. I can launch Mafia 1 and (apart from a bit unusual sharp turns) I'll be OK with the engine. I can launch Commander Keen, Dangerous Dave, Doom, Warcraft 2 and it will feel natural and smooth. Rage just feels bloated, puffy and wrong. Scenery is great thought, but it was developed as a table tennis game, and it should have stayed as a table tennis game.

Over the past few years I must have downloaded about 20Gb of up-dates for GTA 5, and yet I am not exactly sure how they have impacted my gameplay experience. The last useful up-date I had from R* was for GTA4 that allowed you to assign Enter to entering/exiting a vehicle.

Both games were fun to play, I can't deny this. But GTA4 had literally nothing that a player could do after achieving 100%, and in GTA 5 I can't bring myself to finishing it due to the poor design decisions R* made: lack of safe houses, constant up-dates, constant Social Club logins, spawning me in random places. Story missions were great in GTA 5 though, but the side activities are a chore. This is partly to do with the engine.

I have a problem with the games that require a constant internet connection for a single player. OK, fine, I buy the game and install it and do the initial fixes/patches download. I'm OK to up-date it every 3 months, like I could do with Windows or the antivirus, for instance. But not being unable to play the game which I have purchased, which I have the discs for, activated and registered without a 24/7 compulsory internet connection is just taking a piss. Not an engine fault, I know, but another massive decisive factor for me.

I can totally see why it appeals to the younger generation, sure. Your parents bought you the game, internet and the computer, you can drive around in fast cars and shoot people and see naked girls - and you haven't necessarily played any of the older games for compare. Of course you're going to like. But I can't see how this R* strategy is going to attract me as a customer - I doubt it ever will, unless it changes drastically.

Edited by Lioshenka

ClubMug

The map feels empty.

VoodooVibez

The map could have been so much better than it is...

and the story... f*ck me the story was boring

Davao

I don't like how the taxi driver models are all the same, unlike GTA 4 where they was different. It was so annoying

Davao

I didn't realise until today, that you can no longer go in pay and spray to get rid of your wanted levels. It's so annoying.   You could do it in every other GTA

TheSantader25
13 hours ago, Davao said:

I didn't realise until today, that you can no longer go in pay and spray to get rid of your wanted levels. It's so annoying.   You could do it in every other GTA

You can. But not in missions. You can only do it in free mode. 

American Venom
Just now, TheSantader25 said:

You can. But not in missions. You can only do it in free mode. 

Actually I tried this before (because I remember the discussion in the Things GTA IV did better than GTA V thread from a few weeks back) and it appears even breaking the line of sight is ineffective (This was off mission and in free roam btw). I tried it and all I got was a "Lose cops" message even though it entered the cool down phase of them searching and there were definitely no cops around.

I have to wonder does this depend on the Los Santos Customs? The one I tried was the one near the warehouse where Michael and Lester set up the jewellery store heist. 

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, Miamivicecity said:

Actually I tried this before (because I remember the discussion in the Things GTA IV did better than GTA V thread from a few weeks back) and it appears even breaking the line of sight is ineffective (This was off mission and in free roam btw). I tried it and all I got was a "Lose cops" message even though it entered the cool down phase of them searching and there were definitely no cops around.

I have to wonder does this depend on the Los Santos Customs? The one I tried was the one near the warehouse where Michael and Lester set up the jewellery store heist. 

I don't know man. I tried it three times the exact day we had the discussion just to make sure. I used the LSC near Michael's house. 

American Venom
Just now, TheSantader25 said:

I don't know man. I tried it three times the exact day we had the discussion just to make sure. I used the LSC near Michael's house. 

Weird. I swear I've still never been able to do it in all the time I've played GTA V. In any case I wish it was consistent like the 3D era and GTA IV though where it shouldn't matter if it's on mission or free roam..

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

Weird. I swear I've still never been able to do it in all the time I've played GTA V. In any case I wish it was consistent like the 3D era and GTA IV though where it shouldn't matter if it's on mission or free roam..

I was so surprised by the point you made that day. I could remember countless times using the LSC to lose cops in V but still just to prove I wasn't delusional I tested it again that day and it worked. 

Davao
2 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

I tried to use it in the mission where Devin Weston Lawyer dies and you have to escape from the cops. I used the LSC near the airport and it said it's shut today

Smokewood

Lack of story-mode DLC that would have tied up all loose ends.