3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Son of Zeus

Things you dislike/hate in GTA V

SuperGTFan

I hate how the Laser Jet never comes after you in the wanted level, and it only shows up if you're flying over Zancudo.

Well that thing is like instant death so I'd rather not have it flying over me all the time.

I think it's because of the ground soldiers who fires heating missiles on you during the Laser fight, which makes it difficult to witness who shot your aircraft down. Edited by SuperGTFan

LordRaijin

I also hate it that in story mode you can't sell stolen vehicles... I mean.... WHY? Why is your only source of real income comes from the stock market?

Geralt of Rivia

I really hate some of the new hate threads at GTAV topic...

Surely one can't like everything, can prefer some features from any of the series and even hate some stuff of V, but still making some new hate GTA thread on a forum that was originally made for GTA fans really blows my mind away.

If you hate these types of threads then you don't have to click on them, you know? No matter how much you love a game, you're going to have a least one thing you hate about it and sometimes it's just better to get those views out. I don't see a problem with that, it's just like venting. It's pointless but it makes you feel better.

Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played, but trying to control Roach is like punching yourself in the dick as hard as you can over and over and over.

God damn I f*cking hate Roach so f*cking much.

/vent

Jimmytruckerr

I hate how animals call the cops. What the actual f*ck is this??

Other things I hate: cars exploding when they land on a roof, the cops, the f*cking physics and the cheesy story. It doesn't hold a candle to IV's plot.

How sad. After the amazing plot of IV, we get this cheesy sh*t.

TOOMtheRaccoon

It's annoying that you can't push cars with other cars, a big truck isn't able to push a little Blista out of the way.

And the amount of stupid car chases. And that pedestrians are sooo stupid, that they not go out of the way when you come slowly with your car, you can honk and they are so stupid and standing still in front of you, looking at you, bitching at you.

Sometimes i wish the pedestrians are more like in Midnight Club LA.

I guess we need a flamethrower.

evoluon--720

Franklin is probably the most mundane and innocent character in GTA history. And Michael seems a little too conservative and straight edge to be doing any of this sh*t. Running around with Michael feels weird. Trevor feels like most unbounded character. But I think that's done purposely.

I just wish the story envoked more seriousness from these characters. Really testing themselves and pushing them to their limits.

Niko was the best story in GTA history. He was desperate for a better life and discovered the deception that was in Liberty City. And that realization took him back down a dark and nihilistic.

The protagonist in GTA don't seem damaged enough for an authentic GTA experience.

Franklin should've been more ruthless and less argumentative.

Michael should of been more cutthroat and less sarcastic and lazy

Trevor should have been more focused and less sensitive and deluded

Just my opinions. I still love and play this game everyday lol

minionsoldier

-Lack of joystick controls for jets/copters. The yaw controls being an on/off are akward especialy.

-Playing online is often boring the lack of engagement with the world often sessions just boil down to boring ass repetetive street wars with undergeared clowns who spend all their time crying over VOIP.

Xing of Virtue

The weak story and characters.

The easy shooting.

The arcadish driving.

The sexist portrayels of the majority of females.

The weak health system.

The anticlimactic endings.

The many times people swears like immature kids in almost every sentence.

The peds who are always pissed in life and want you to f*ck off, eat sh*t, and die.

Johnny's and Trevor's bullsh*t deaths.

The lack of appearences for some of the major characters.

The lack of interiors.

The heavy restrictiveness.

AndYuKnowTHIS

4 things I don't like:

-Driving Physics. Go play Mafia 2 and come back. Granted the cars were different but that was BY FAR the BEST driving I've ever experienced in an open world game. NOTHING comes close

-Danger: When GTA Online was 1st announced I imagined a world full of danger. We would have to watch our backs, make sure we didn't have money on us, etc. This experience we have now is Kiddy Land. There are no risks. I don't feel I'm in danger

-Rockstar has ignored their Fans shouts of wanting GTA Day Z. It's a VERY plausible mode to add. It'd be my dream mode... So why ignore it? Players would still play the regular variant

-Lack of Interiors. I feel there could so much more...

Edited by AndYuKnowTHIS

Xing of Virtue

The Police Mavericks spawning way too quickly.

DANIEL3GS

I agree so much dude. What is the point of shooting one down when it appears in 12 seconds again.(Yes i measured) It was already to fast in IV where it took over a minute.

Edited by DANIEL3GS

XenoxX

I agree so much dude. What is the point of shooting one down when it appears in 12 seconds again.(Yes i measured) It was already to fast in IV where it took over a minute.

On PC there are simple mods to the dispatch file to "fix" this.

However I think it was designed that way so the helicopters are a constant "Threat" which you are supposed to flee from rather than exterminate.

Also the Cops in V are dependant on the Helicopters a lot without them they can find you realy hard.

Edited by XenoxX

UAL

I think after 2 years we all just need to admit GTA V was a huge disappointment.

XenoxX

I think after 2 years we all just need to admit GTA V was a huge disappointment.

For me it wasnt.

GTA V is one of the best and most immersive open world games released with a wide scale(from bike riding to parachuting to shooting to driving to Triathlon to stunting and to doing all of it at the same time.

If you forward a statement maybe add some arguments to underline it otherwise you wont convince anyone, unless allready biased.

Though I can agree it did not live up to its hype, but that was because its hype was HUGE, I mean realy HUGE.

Probably the biggest hype ever made around a Video Game.

But considering it as a disappointment because of that is just wrong IMO of course.

JohnWeazel

Agreed on everything but this.

It's a GTA game. You shouldn't take things like that seriously at all.

UAL

For me it wasnt.

GTA V is one of the best and most immersive open world games released with a wide scale(from bike riding to parachuting to shooting to driving to Triathlon to stunting and to doing all of it at the same time.

If you forward a statement maybe add some arguments to underline it otherwise you wont convince anyone, unless allready biased.

Though I can agree it did not live up to its hype, but that was because its hype was HUGE, I mean realy HUGE.

But considering it as a disappointment because of that is just wrong IMO of course.

Multiple characters - Yeah it had it's appeal during the previews, but I just don't think it worked. It just lead to characters being underdeveloped and seeming pointless at times (Franklin). Why have 3 characters when the story was clearly all about Michael. I seriously hope they go back to one protagonist for the next instalment.

Superficial world - As much as i think V was an overall disappointment, the game world looked stunning. But the key word here is looked. Overall it just felt non interactive, mainly because of the lack of interiors and linear NPC activity. Red Dead Redemption was a perfect example of what a living, breathing and interactive game world should be like.

Lack of criminal side activities - There was a grand total of 2 fleshed out criminal side activities - and these were only for one character. Simply not good enough for a game that is meant to be about crime.

NPC's - Apart from standing around smoking and looking at their phones, they don't really do much. Although the phone calls they have are always interesting to listen in to. NPC's don't engage in their own criminal activities or seem to have their own agendas/purposes. To be totally honest, we went back to GTA 3 with the NPC activity here.

Car/vehicle storage - Completely unacceptable amount of storage for the sheer number of vehicles available (not to mention customisation options). Who ever made the decision to have all 3 garages within a small radius of Los Santos needs to be fired. This huge game world we have yet we can't store vehicles out in the desert/wilderness/outside of LS? What an absolute joke.

Map design/layout - The problem here, like my above point, is that everything seems to be situated in LS even though we have this huge map. Not a single car wash in blaine county, or any unique points of interests outside of LS. It just feels as if there is no need to leave LS.

Safehouses - Again such a huge map yet we don't have the freedom to stay outside of LS (apart from Trevor's default safe house) another shockingly bad decision made even worser by the false advertising on the first gameplay trailer.

Businesses - The most flawed part of the game for me. Pointless addition. Boring/repetitive/non engaging side quests that offer no reward what so ever. Clearly added on at the last minute.

Narrative decisions - Yeah lets take Franklin out of the action completely and place him in a lonely mansion that is a complete nightmare to navigate to and from. They should have developed the Franklin narrative more and had his Aunt move to SF or some sh*t so he would have become the sole owner of the house. Don't get me wrong the mansion is cool but again the players freedom gets taken away here, the Chamberlain Hills safe house should be useable throughout the entire game. Another horrible decision.

I could go on and on but I'll stop here.

XenoxX

What to expect of feminists they take everything seriously, I think its horrifying what is pulled against games like V and co who are critizising modern day feminism and allmost getting censored by some News Sites(well V not so much because the fanbase is too strong.)

For me it wasnt.

Multiple characters - Yeah it had it's appeal during the previews, but I just don't think it worked. It just lead to characters being underdeveloped and seeming pointless at times (Franklin). Why have 3 characters when the story was clearly all about Michael. I seriously hope they go back to one protagonist for the next instalment.

Superficial world - As much as i think V was an overall disappointment, the game world looked stunning. But the key word here is looked. Overall it just felt non interactive, mainly because of the lack of interiors and linear NPC activity. Red Dead Redemption was a perfect example of what a living, breathing and interactive game world should be like.

Lack of criminal side activities - There was a grand total of 2 fleshed out criminal side activities - and these were only for one character. Simply not good enough for a game that is meant to be about crime.

NPC's - Apart from standing around smoking and looking at their phones, they don't really do much. Although the phone calls they have are always interesting to listen in to. NPC's don't engage in their own criminal activities or seem to have their own agendas/purposes. To be totally honest, we went back to GTA 3 with the NPC activity here.

Car/vehicle storage - Completely unacceptable amount of storage for the sheer number of vehicles available (not to mention customisation options). Who ever made the decision to have all 3 garages within a small radius of Los Santos needs to be fired. This huge game world we have yet we can't store vehicles out in the desert/wilderness/outside of LS? What an absolute joke.

Map design/layout - The problem here, like my above point, is that everything seems to be situated in LS even though we have this huge map. Not a single car wash in blaine county, or any unique points of interests outside of LS. It just feels as if there is no need to leave LS.

Safehouses - Again such a huge map yet we don't have the freedom to stay outside of LS (apart from Trevor's default safe house) another shockingly bad decision made even worser by the false advertising on the first gameplay trailer.

Businesses - The most flawed part of the game for me. Pointless addition. Boring/repetitive/non engaging side quests that offer no reward what so ever. Clearly added on at the last minute.

Narrative decisions - Yeah lets take Franklin out of the action completely and place him in a lonely mansion that is a complete nightmare to navigate to and from. They should have developed the Franklin narrative more and had his Aunt move to SF or some sh*t so he would have become the sole owner of the house. Don't get me wrong the mansion is cool but again the players freedom gets taken away here, the Chamberlain Hills safe house should be useable throughout the entire game. Another horrible decision.

I could go on and on but I'll stop here.

Still its somehow arrogant calling everyone out he should consider V as a disappointment because for many it clearly wasnt.

Many of above told are over exaggerated and some are rather minor flaws, nowwhere close to beeing a dissappointment.

UAL

I'm telling you, people who say things like this are just jumping on a bandwagon as far as I'm concerned. Women have always been portrayed in the same way in GTA games. Yet all of a sudden with GTA V people wanna start throwing words like sexist and misogynistic around.

It's just a game ffs people need to save their moral analysations for something else. Stop looking to deep into it and take it for what it is, a video game.

XenoxX

I'm telling you, people who say things like this are just jumping on a bandwagon as far as I'm concerned. Women have always been portrayed in the same way in GTA games. Yet all of a sudden with GTA V people wanna start throwing words like sexist and misogynistic around.

It's just a game ffs people need to save their moral analysations for something else. Stop looking to deep into it and take it for what it is, a video game.

Partly agree in V particularly the modern day feminism is "attacked" in the radio and in the InGame webbrowser.

which could trigger these people a lot.

Yet they will never understand V is entirely right about their attitudes.

Xing of Virtue

I like how people got so pissy over my old sarcastic post. :D

XenoxX

Wow sarcasm must realy be the last thing you got, concluding of how much you use it.

This never gets old lol.

Xing of Virtue

You f*cking right it's sarcasm, you ignorant f*ck! Sarcasm! And a room full of you c*nts!

This never gets old either, lol.

UAL

Your post wasn't sarcastic though, stop trying to style it out.

XenoxX

Everything can be sarcasm, if said so lol.

And regarding the context, I could realy imagine it to beeing sarcasm.

Xing of Virtue

You asked for it. When I saw Amanda in Michael's trailer, she looked like a likeable lonely wife. Turned out she was just a cockhound in the end.

Dee.

-AI

-Driving

-Physics

- story length

-lack of interiors

-no purchasable safehouses

-boring activities

-no casino

-Hunting sucks

hasidichomeboy

Peds calling the cops because you tried to talk to them.

Franklin appears too little in the story.

ringo336

- The Three protagonists. Having three was a neat experiment, but they felt bland.

- The police are generic and boring. There is no military or FIB presence with the exeption of a few missions, and despite there being multiple vehicles in the game that could spice them up and add variety, they are not utilized.

- Lack of interiors, despite them existing in the game, just being locked off for some bullsh*t reason.

- How useless boats are.

- lack of activities (No comedy clubs, bars, clubs)

- I don't like the radio, but that's just me.

Officer Garza

- The police are generic and boring. There is no military or FIB presence with the exeption of a few missions, and despite there being multiple vehicles in the game that could spice them up and add variety, they are not utilized.

The Posse Comitatus Act, sir look it up, realism.

PhillBellic

The "Hey! You're my Dude, Right?" Guy.

I've lost count on how many times I've heard him say that.